Princeton Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Princeton Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
A win is a win, some folks taking pot shots talking about basketball IQ. I was at the NC State when CD fell ill. I thought no way they regroup but they did and won big. Tonight the emotional leader goes down and it's next man up. An 18yo freshman who was thrown into the fire. This team is resilient and tough. I plan on enjoying and supporting them. I was ambiguous about Sundays game w/ the Azzi injury but now w/o a doubt I will be there.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in Carolina tonight. I thought she would take advantage of the opportunity of being short handed. Some of her turnovers had me scratching my head and where did her shot go. Hope she can find her way to playing like we all know she's capable of.
Caroline has regressed from her freshman season. Disappointing is the word I'd use to describe her performance so far this season.

Reaction Score
Right now it’s speculation based on the fact that she didn’t play in the 4th qtr.
It's not speculation, she was talking to CD on the bench and pointed to her ankle and shook her head

Reaction Score
Caroline has regressed from her freshman season. Disappointing is the word I'd use to describe her performance so far this season.
She's trying to get back into that rhythm from last year I just thought she would turn up for this game. It could of been a confidence builder

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The point I was trying to make, to no avail it seems....in the 4th qtr, the ONLY guard we had was Ines Bettencourt ( who as a freshman has had very little playing time). So to say, wow we had 27 turnovers....makes no sense to me.
Also, we may have to bring walk-ons on, (if Muhl and Lou are out) as any players foul out, we could end up with 4 players playing.
And Ines joined the team only 4 months ago. She didn’t have the summer to prepare

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think we have to be realistic about who plays in the backcourt Sunday, and their capabilities.

-Lou's injury may be significant...I (we) certainly hope not...hard to imagine both she and Nika not being available.

-The concussion protocol is what it is...No way to estimate Nika's return if that is the diagnosis.

-Inês had some turnovers, but she has good point card instincts; ready or not, she may have to play big minutes.She's demonstrated she can handle the ball, is learning to defend, can shoot...She has this predilection to pass the ball to our opponents...If she gets over that, she may be quite useful...and she just may have to answer the bell.

-I save Caroline for last...not a great game for her...But who knows what she's going through physically...certainly far from 100%...But if she is feeling better, stronger...and I don't know that to be a fact...She is capable of taking over a game (as all of us remember from last season).

This is a cross your fingers moment...I wouldn't be surprised if Nika is out...hopefully Lou is in and Caroline and Inês have good games...and that's hoping for a lot.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
said that in chat, makes too much sense. Team plays with high intensity too in the 4th was impressed.
I went back to see how long ago I'd been saying this .. April 2021. Betting there are other BY-ers that have been saying it even longer.

Reaction Score
Lou mouthed something to CD when Geno finished talking to her. I think she said it twisted, she may have tweaked her ankle
CD confirmed ankle tweak in post game interview

Reaction Score
I don't know if I can even watch @MJL243 's replay tomorrow even though we won and I will be aware of it, not sure how my heart will do. A question I have, and I am not being judgmental, but why weren't we getting the ball to Aaliyah??? Did she take any shots in the 4th quarter or in the 2nd half?
I noticed that, too, Centerstream... I think much of the credit should go to Mitchell, who isn't a scorer but a heck of a player, and the double teams the Tigers threw at Aaliyah. Plus, we have to consider the players on the court in the fourth period with Aaliyah, not good candidates for great entry passes.

Reaction Score
[Caroline] back into that rhythm
It's hard to figure out what's going on inside a player's head, or even such physiological factors as muscle memory patterns, etc. I can't do that. But I've been around and watched sports for so long I do think I can tell when a player is not moving right. Caroline Is playing injured. IMO.

It may be such a subtle thing (involving the neck/shoulder I think) that neither she nor the coaches nor the medical/training staff/resources regard her as injured enough not to play or to be in danger of further damage, and they all know lots better than I. But she's not right.

Reaction Score
Why is Caroline playing if still injured?
Because an injured Caroline is better than the player she is replacing. She's THAT good.

You can tell she is not 100% because her movement (or lack thereof) off the ball is obvious. If the team needs her to be productive, they have to find her. She is not able to get to her usual spots on the floor. She will be an awesome player when she is 100% healthy and in form.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Great analysis--yes, ugliest UConn game ever! Just incredibly awful play. And yes why indeed was Lou on the bench during the critical stretch of the game when we needed scoring? That was the dumbest coaching move I think I've ever seen! Wow. I just want to forget this game and chalk it up to a bad dream...
Sitting in front of your TV, not knowing the condition of a player, and you think it was the dumbest coaching move you have ever seen. You must not watch much basketball. Plus, she was injured, which Geno knew, and you did not. Maybe just watch the games and leave the coaching to a pro.

Reaction Score
It's hard to figure out what's going on inside a player's head, or even such physiological factors as muscle memory patterns, etc. I can't do that. But I've been around and watched sports for so long I do think I can tell when a player is not moving right. Caroline Is playing injured. IMO.

It may be such a subtle thing (involving the neck/shoulder I think) that neither she nor the coaches nor the medical/training staff/resources regard her as injured enough not to play or to be in danger of further damage, and they all know lots better than I. But she's not right.
You can't say that because the game before ND she had to great games.She is lacking confidence because of her not making her 3s and layups. It's not so much her shooting it's the fouls and the turnovers. Driving to far in the lane to commit an offensive foul or turn the ball over. It's her decision making.

Reaction Score
Critical of players who are doing their best. I find some of these posts total in poor taste
I don't mind critical commentary at all! Even if harsh. But raw subjective opinions with no useful factual foundation? I don't get it..

It may be a double standard and hypocritical on my part: that I feel it's fine to cheer and express positive reactions on a player but distasteful to dump on the players unless you have something factual and useful to contribute, but I've never claimed not to be a hypocrite!

Reaction Score
You can't say that because the game before ...

If every single shot she made went in and every single pass she made was an assist and every decision was exactly right I'd still be seeing what I'm seeing in the way she moves (and even holds herself, posture or body language or whatever) and its not the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom