Princeton Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Princeton Postgame Thread

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dumb question probably... I didn't watch the game but saw the box score. When was the last time UCONN had as many as 27 turnovers?

But I know UCONN has so many players out to injury right now but was just curious.
It is. You think we know that stat off the top of our heads after what this team is going through? Five minutes after the game is over? Come on.

Reaction Score
Gutsy effort from those that remained on the floor. Add Nika (head) and Lou (ankle) to the list of walking wounded. Gonna be a tough go against Maryland, or any team for that matter.

Reaction Score
Lol thanks for finding such an innocuous way of rubbing it in ...
LOL my question was sincere. I did not have access to the game but saw some posts online about Muhl going down to injury which sucks because she is a really good ball handler. And with no Paige and Fudd already, I'm not sure who else you really count on for that to handle it consistently.

Injury stuff like that unfortunately is out of anyones control. Hopefully they heal up quickly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
41D70229-A753-4C0E-8994-13B7819BC54D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Tough, tough game. Once again we are plagued by the injury bug, which just sucks, no better way to put it.

It was great to see AG lead the team to victory and for Ines to get those clutch FTs in the end. CD still looked shaky, but I am hopeful she can just keep improving. Nika was playing well until her injury and I hope it's not a serious injury. Same for Lou.

We absolutely cannot get beat by the press. We eventually figured it out but it wasn't pretty there for a good stretch. Also I'm watching the post-game on SNY right now and they mention that sometimes it seemed like there was a lack of hustle/smart playing. I have to agree. Not putting the blame on anyone in particular but like Meg said during the game, you have to play smart and understand when you need to slow down the pace or do something different. I definitely agree that Nika going out was part of the reason that happened, but I would hope someone else could step up (even though Nika's shoes are hard to fill).

So much credit to Princeton, they played very hard and smart and they will be a very tough team to beat all season. I think they can do very well in the tourney come March. Carla is a fantastic coach.

We won with the players on the floor. I hope that this gutsy win will help build up the confidence of bench players. They CAN do it, it's just a matter of toughness and playing smart! The talent is there, you just need to execute.

Reaction Score
Ugliest win in UConn basketball history. 14 turnovers in the 4th quarter. But they won

Fresh out of players. If Nika and Lou can’t play Sunday……..I don’t even want to think about what that final score will be.

They played their hearts out. Youngsters got some experience. All got some time in. Not sure the run of injury bad luck has ever happened to any team ever. It’s maddening. Unbelievable

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in Carolina tonight. I thought she would take advantage of the opportunity of being short handed. Some of her turnovers had me scratching my head and where did her shot go. Hope she can find her way to playing like we all know she's capable of.

Reaction Score
In his post game interview with Menino, it was the most shaken I have ever seen Geno. Why? Because he is totally unsure of who will show up tomorrow. There's a good chance that Lou is hurt too, as she played little in the 4th qtr.
So, to the people that want to analyze this situation as being normal and typical.....go jump in a lake.

Reaction Score
I only saw the last 4 minutes of play because I fell asleep at 5:00PM and did not wake up until about 7:30 PM. That happens a lot lately when you are a Golden Golden. Kudos to Princeton. Aubrey played a big time game. Ines is a gutsy player driving to the basket. Really upset about Nika. Waiting to hear more. Down to 7 players? Wow. Lots of good thoughts for this Team and their effort now and down the road.

Reaction Score
I can't say I've ever seen this. A team had 21 more FGA and 2 more FTA's, forcing 27 turnovers, and didn't win the game.

Uconn won because when they were able to get a shot, the converted at 59%, 50% from 3. A strange box score.

Reaction Score
We'll take the win, but darn the injuries are insane. Hope Nika is ok, and I agree that there was something wrong with Lou. I also saw her saying to Geno, and looking down at the foot. UConn tried their best to give the game away with terrible dribbling and passing late in the game. I know some of the kids were put in difficult positions, but too many unforced errors.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
At this point the only plus is still no back to back losses since when? 1993 I think. In any case nearly a forever ago. This injury thing is unreal, Paige, Azzi, Ice, Dorkas, and now maybe Nika. Heck of a starting five.
The last time UConn lost two in a row, Carla Berube was a Freshman! (1993)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't know if I can even watch @MJL243 's replay tomorrow even though we won and I will be aware of it, not sure how my heart will do. A question I have, and I am not being judgmental, but why weren't we getting the ball to Aaliyah??? Did she take any shots in the 4th quarter or in the 2nd half?

Reaction Score
Just a quick thought:
1) What happen to Lou, she was sitting on the bench for maybe over 3 minutes before the end of the game ?
2) Caroline made too many mistakes and out of the regular at the latter part of Q4, why wasn't she sub'd out to cool off ?
3) Patterson Looks very "raw" in committing too many fouls !
Lucky UCONN win !

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The only thing I can say is "that's the gustiest win I have ever seen." Great defense the entire game.

I hope they can keep it up. I hope both Lou and Nika are okay for Maryland. Also Dorka.

Kudos to Amari and Ines. They played well under very difficult circumstances.

Aubrey was a monster tonight.

Reaction Score
Ducharme, Bettencourt, Patterson, Deberry combined 9 pts, 3-9 FG, 6 AST, 13 PF, 15 TO. Not good.

Thank goodness Aubrey showed up. But man, this is rough right now. Good news is that at some point Azzi and Nika will be back, at some point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom