POSTGAME: Dawn Staley on UConn: It was the ball's fault! [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POSTGAME: Dawn Staley on UConn: It was the ball's fault! [merged]

Reaction Score
Time for a statue of the Nike Ball next to the Wilson statue. Then raise another banner of the Nike Ball right next to last year's bogus championship banner. What a crock of horsesheet by Dawn. i would expect better than some sorry ass, poor sport excuse!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don’t like the fact she talked about, but that is a real thing. I know on the men’s side a lot of the bigger programs will break out different balls leading up to different opponents Just so they get the real for it.

I'm shocked to learn they use different basketballs...you'd think they'd have a uniform ball/brand across the entire NCAA like they do for volleyball. Or how they do in the WNBA/NBA/NFL.

There's probably some validity to her statement that the ball wasn't what they were used to but that's on her and the coaching staff for not prepping the team accordingly if they're able to find out what brand of ball will be used.

Reaction Score
Markforward GIF by Crave

Reaction Score
Now I don't feel sorry for their loss.
I never feel sorry for their loss. We deserve to win and they deserve to lose. And if they don’t like it.... Well, I don’t feel sorry for them.

BTW - I LOVE the Nike ball! When Paige shoots it and it hits the back of the rim, it goes 7 ft straight up, then comes straight back down through the hoop - nuthin’ but net!!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Moving on from “ballgate”, when asked about Paige, I thought she gave as high a compliment that a woman who has an award named after her could say-
"She's a player," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said of Bueckers after the game. "She makes big shots when her number is called, time and time again."

To me, Dawn was spot on. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Dawn definitely comes off as a whiner after losing this game by complaining about the ball in her first statement of the presser and then repeating it in a completely unrelated question Overall though she has a valid point the ball could be and perhaps should be standardize for the entire NCAA. The NCAA might even be able to get an endorsement deal out of it- Wilson the official ball of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Very little credit to UConn.

Had to wait to the last question about Paige. Paige is a player, when her number is called, she makes big shots. What she did not say is just how smart she is and everything else she does and her defense. She looks pretty depressed and probably thinks with 4 years of Azzi and Paige, they are going to start beating us again like a drum (irregardless of the good recruiting classes)
Did Dawn say whether she thought we'd be beating her crew like a Pearl drum or a Ludwig? It makes a difference you know. Also, any mention if snot will be involved? It's a whole different level of beating if stuff is coming out of noses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom