• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I know, I get the why of it, but the poster said that it wasn't allowed by the NCAA.
Sorry, didn't pay close attention...on an conf call.. Does the NCAA have any input on conf affiliations?

Reaction Score
The B12 money will dry up because it just simply won't be a good enough football conference long term. Once Texas and Oklahoma leave, who is left that anyone gives a crap about in football? B12 would have to add Oregon, Utah, and Colorado (w/Deion) to draw any sort of interest to the conference.

I believe the new B12 contract was signed AFTER Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving. This seems to trip up a lot of people, as does the ACC GOR, but you are That Guy.

Reaction Score
It would be the most UConn thing ever if we are being used as leverage just to force the Arizona schools into changing directions and ditching the PAC for the B12.
tumblr_majzlsADkL1rol1w1540.gif

Reaction Score
One concern with going to the Big 12 is that it is believe ESPN overpaid them as part of a behind the scenes deal to facilitate Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC a year early (and the Big 12 claim that ESPN was in on that move). The next contract in 6 years may not be as generous.

Reaction Score
When Trilly turns down a job which would increase his salary by 8X plus, then he can weigh in UConn. Until then, report the news.
I think you misunderstood the point I was making. I wasn't commenting on Trilly saying it would be a bad move for UConn. I was commenting on that fact that Trilly reported he is hearing the smoke. Whoever this dude is is extremely plugged in.

Reaction Score
Car washes aside, a lot of reporter insiders say UConn and Colorado are under heavy discussions right now. The last time the B12 got close to UConn, it got cold feet at the last second. But there's so much chatter from actual paid reporters on Twitter that it's kind of hard to ignore. UConn would also be able to move on immediately since the exit fee payout isn't tied to any notification announcement.
Let’s look at this logically.

Why would UConn leave big east if it wasn’t gonna move it’s team?

A 6 game a year guarantee of big 12 teams as an Indy?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I understand people wanting to stay with our rivals on the east coast, but the level of hyperbole right now is crazy.

I’m just glad that wherever we end up this time, I’ll be happy instead of distraught like last time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One concern with going to the Big 12 is that it is believe ESPN overpaid them as part of a behind the scenes deal to facilitate Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC a year early (and the Big 12 claim that ESPN was in on that move). The next contract in 6 years may not be as generous.
We can worry about the next contract when it's up for renewal. At that point we may be in a position where the B1G would look at us

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's what I posted:
Just to be clear, a conference can't offer a school a basketball only invitation. Schools have to be a member of a conference for all sports that the conference offers, or be independent. They can be football only (or any other sport) only if their primary conference doesn't offer that sport.
I quoted your post and brought it down here just because I think it's easier to read that way. So, again the ACC offers football, but Notre Dame isn't a member for football, but they are a member for every other sport. That seems to contradict what you posted above.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sorry, didn't pay close attention...on an conf call.. Does the NCAA have any input on conf affiliations?
As per what the poster said above, yes. I've never checked it myself.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I quoted your post and brought it down here just because I think it's easier to read that way. So, again the ACC offers football, but Notre Dame isn't a member for football, but they are a member for every other sport. That seems to contradict what you posted above.
You can choose to be a football independent versus joining the conference for football.

You cannot choose to be a Big 12 football member and a Big East basketball member.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, I totally get that but if Friar snoops statement is accurate, that wouldn't be allowed by the NCAA

CL82

Reaction Score
You can choose to be a football independent versus joining the conference for football.

You cannot choose to be a Big 12 football member and a Big East basketball member.
So could we be, and I'm not advocating this, I'm just trying to understand the role, a member of the big 12 for football but the independent for basketball?

Reaction Score
if the PAC loses 3 more teams in Colorado, Zona, and ASU what do they do? backfill with SDSU, UNLV, and SMU?

maybe but UW, Oregon, Cal, and Stanford would agree to take 1/2 shares to join the BIG10 at that point, which would force WSU, OSU, and Utah to join the Mtn West. that seems like the cleanest solution, but what if the state legislatures prevent UW and Oregon from abandoning WSU and OSU? I guess they'd have to join the Mtn West too lol.

Looking forward to seeing some other programs squirm for once.

Reaction Score
1685638212878.png
This might end up being a great move, but looking at this map it’s not a slam dunk that this move will be good for our athletics other than the money.

Reaction Score
He’s a media guy. Jeff Goodman accidentally outed him but then deleted the tweet
Did he say what his name was or just that he's a media guy?

I assumed it was andrew slater this whole time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom