• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Voting stay in the BE is a pure emotional basketball centric decision. Our athletic department and university would receive just backlash and criticism for turning down that type of money for some feel good rivalries. There is only one decision here. Black ink or blue ink

Reaction Score
A geographical nightmare. I'd like to see how Cincinnati does. I think that's a more clear comp for Uconn than Houston or UCF.

Reaction Score
I understand the money argument, but have we not learned from Syracuse and the other acc ship jumpers that money doesn’t equal success and as fans isn’t success of the utmost importance? Running to a southern league for money purposes seems like good business bad for on field/student athletes

Reaction Score
Aside from the money, the Big 12 is what we had in the AAC on steroids. We would be with southern/midwest schools, no regional rivals, and we lose MSG for our conference tournament to play it in Kansas City. The athletic department would have plenty of money, but the other things that sucked about the AAC will still be there. Kansas is nice, but I could not care less about playing the likes of Iowa St, Oklahoma St, TCU…

Reaction Score
Aside from the money, the Big 12 is what we had in the AAC on steroids. We would be with southern/midwest schools, no regional rivals, and we lose MSG for our conference tournament to play it in Kansas City. The athletic department would have plenty of money, but the other things that sucked about the AAC will still be there. Kansas is nice, but I could not care less about playing the likes of Iowa St, Oklahoma St, TCU…
The Big 12 is the best basketball conference in the country. Stop comparing it to the AAC

Reaction Score
but have we not learned from Syracuse and the other acc ship jumpers
they all have had terrible coaches for the past 10 years except louisville which was doing well under mack for awhile

Reaction Score
I understand the money argument, but have we not learned from Syracuse and the other acc ship jumpers that money doesn’t equal success and as fans isn’t success of the utmost importance? Running to a southern league for money purposes seems like good business bad for on field/student athletes
Syracuse is in the position it is in because Jim Beoheim was a stubborn, selfish, SOB.

Reaction Score
Comparing it to the American is silly. The distance was a problem cuz we were playing no name teams. If all those teams had relocated to New England it would have been like 10% better but still awful. Big 12 is top tier basketball and a huge upgrade for football.

I’d miss the big east tournament and like 2 easy road basketball games to travel to each year. Not nearly enough to turn down all the upside

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I think you have to do it. What we really need is the NCAA to split revenue and non-revenue conference affiliations. There's no reason for field hockey to be travelling to Houston for a game on a Tuesday in 2023. Let football and basketball do their own thing for ungodly sums of money and bring back truly regional conferences for non-revenue sports.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is in the position it is in because Jim Beoheim was a stubborn, selfish, SOB.
Would being an extreme geographical outlier negatively impact hoops?
There is more evidence that it’s not for the best more than just using cuse as an example

Reaction Score
Totally understand your point, but UCLA and USC are moving from the PAC 12 to the B1G 10 just to be relevant and for more $$$
Just because they chose the money doesn’t mean it was the right call and will work out.

Reaction Score
Just because they chose the money doesn’t mean it was the right call and will work out.

You're right, but given what might happen to the ACC. I would much rather UConn be in a safe conference. If 8 ACC teams dissolve the conference those remaining teams will all be scrambling to get into the Big 12 and UConn will already have a seat at the table.

It's unfortunate, but maybe a necessary move. Who really knows?

Reaction Score
You're right, but given what might happen to the ACC. I would much rather UConn be in a safe conference. If 8 ACC teams dissolve the conference those remaining teams will all be scrambling to get into the Big 12 and UConn will already have a seat at the table.

It's unfortunate, but maybe a necessary move. Who really knows?
It’s surely a risk, I think I personally value a somewhat regional conference….if duke stayed with the cast of what’s left of the acc and we joined that league I would be happy…I feel like they along with us would help the conference be extremely relevant in hoops and they all play football at a level that is realistic for us.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is the best basketball conference in the country. Stop comparing it to the AAC
That’s why I said the AAC on steroids. The geography is comparable with no regional rivals and losing a close venue in MSG for the conference tournament. Keep in mind Texas and Oklahoma are not part of the equation. Those are two big time NCAA brands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom