OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
After WCW started to sink - and before WWE got its act together - ECW filled the void for me. I used to wait up until 1am to watch. Ground breaking moves, cult like fandom, story lines over the top.

What timeline was this?

And there will never be another ecw.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
What timeline was this?

And there will never be another ecw.
I started watching in 1994 right after Shane Douglas threw the NWA belt in the trash and announced Eastern Championship Wrestling was now Extreme Championship Wrestling. Went 2x to the ECW arena and multiple house shows in CT and Mass.

the Q

Reaction Score
I started watching in 1994 right after Shane Douglas threw the NWA belt in the trash and announced Eastern Championship Wrestling was now Extreme Championship Wrestling. Went 2x to the ECW arena and multiple house shows in CT and Mass.

Ah. Ok. I asked because most say wcw started to stink in 98 because before the nwo it was brutally struggling anyway.

The downside of adding hogan and macho was that they buried their best, most loyal star: Sting.

They at least made it up to him with the nwo/crow sting storyline

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Windham's heel turn in 88, when he turned on Luger in a tag match against Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson and then joined the 4 horseman. Then the interviews after and Dusty coming out as Midnight Rider is pure gold.
And there's the dirtiest player in the game jumping Dusty The Midnight Rider from behind in the dressing room. The quality is poor, but that looked like Dr Death Steve Williams' giants arse pulling the Rider out of there.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And there's the dirtiest player in the game jumping Dusty The Midnight Rider from behind in the dressing room. The quality is poor, but that looked like Dr Death Steve Williams' giants arse pulling the Rider out of there.
It was. And Sting.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sting was easy to pick out with that bleach blonde mullet of sorts. I never actually saw Dr Death's face, just that back side.
That’s all you need to see of that tank

the Q

Reaction Score
Random bump because I was watching a video of wrestlemanias ranked, and while he Hartford one was (overrated) as only being the third worst of all time (a truly awful card), WM2 was one of the two that we’re deemed even worse...although they did give plenty of props to the main event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom