OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Genuinely curious if you watched WWE in the 2000s? ...a lot of your comments seem to neglect HBK's comeback from 2002 to 2010

Diesel.

Oh dear lord.

Hey Im a Nash fan big time. Highly entertaining cat. But that guy COULD NOT work.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've seen this video linked a few times as what your brain does the first time you do coke.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Diesel.

Oh dear lord.

Hey Im a Nash fan big time. Highly entertaining cat. But that guy COULD NOT work.

Go watch 95 survivor series, 94 kotr, and I think the 95 rumble.

the Q

Reaction Score
Genuinely curious if you watched WWE in the 2000s? ...a lot of your comments seem to neglect HBK's comeback from 2002 to 2010

Yeah I was more of a 90s kid. I’ve seen the matches he mentioned though. I’m less impressed with them than most though.

August_West

Reaction Score
Nothing beats this - Kevin was so under rated.

That was a face turn for Superstar Billy Graham.

And the dude in the Striped shirt was Kendall Windham. Barry Windhams brother. BlackJack Mulligans son.

That is a great clip.

Love Gordon Solie.

the Q

Reaction Score

And the dude in the Striped shirt was Kendall Windham. Barry Windhams brother. BlackJack Mulligans son.

That is a great clip.

Love Gordon Solie.

Man, it’s crazy I didn’t get to see Barry windham prime at all.

I remember him mostly as the Stalker and blackjack windham.

And looking at his wiki page he already used what I always said would be my in ring name: Lone Wolf.

August_West

Reaction Score
Man, it’s crazy I didn’t get to see Barry windham prime at all.

I remember him mostly as the Stalker and blackjack windham.

And looking at his wiki page he already used what I always said would be my in ring name: Lone Wolf.

Barry Windham was absolutely incredible. He was pretty bland and not great on the stick which in the 80's which was a huge strike against you on big pushes. But man oh man could that guy wrestle. Amazing Natural athlete. could do anything.

NWA/WCW still featured wrestling a bit harder and longer than WWF in the 80's which became cartoon central then. Barry did get a decent push there and he and Flair went around the horn wrestling 90!!! minute time limits in 1987 (I think it was 87).

Great wrestler.

Kendall on the otherhand should never have been in the ring except for his blood line.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Barry Windham was absolutely incredible. He was pretty bland and not great on the stick which in the 80's which was a huge strike against you on big pushes. But man oh man could that guy wrestle. Amazing Natural athlete. could do anything.

NWA/WCW still featured wrestling a bit harder and longer than WWF in the 80's which became cartoon cental then. Barry did get a decent push there and he and Flair went around the horn wrestling 90!!! minute time limits in 1987 (I think it was 87).

Great wrestler.

Kendall on the otherhand should never have been in the ring except for his blood line.

90 minutes is incredible.

I know the sting flair 45 minute draw in the late 80s is the stuff of legend, double that is just nuts

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Nothing beats this - Kevin was so under rated.
Kendall sounded very young and was terrible in that clip. I don't recall ever really seeing him wrestle. Great slap by Sullivan. Superstar looking for some extra cash and going bloody early in the beatdown (red means green).

August_West

Reaction Score
90 minutes is incredible.

I know the sting flair 45 minute draw in the late 80s is the stuff of legend, double that is just nuts

I saw Flair and Steamboat go 60 in New Haven Coliseum in the Spring of 89.,

August_West

Reaction Score
Kendall sounded very young and was terrible in that clip. I don't recall ever really seeing him wrestle. Great slap by Sullivan. Superstar looking for some extra cash and going bloody early in the beatdown (red means green).

Barry was so good that he had a license to Print money.

Unfortunately Kendall and Blackjack took that phrase literally :) (they got arrested for counterfeiting)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kevin in the early 80's in the Florida territory had as much heat as anyone ever with his Satan gimmick. People were truly frightened.

That is a great clip.

Love Gordon Solie.

Blackjack Mulligan had a pretty run with his claw hold and bloodying up his opponent.

Really liked Barry. Typical coaches kid. Knows all the ins and outs.

Kendall was a turd.

Taking it another direction similar to the Von Erich's. Fritz ran the franchise and out of the kids there was a huge gap in talent between David, Kerry, Kevin and whichever other kids there were but all of them got top billing because of the name.

August_West

Reaction Score
This is worth 20 minutes of any wrestling fans time. Windhams heel turn in 88, when he turned on Luger in a tag match against Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson and then joined the 4 horseman. Then the interviews after and Dusty coming out as Midnight Rider is pure gold.

Doesnt get much better than this.

The pure heat in southern wrestling back then was unrivaled. "Sports entertainment" ruined it. When dopes thought it was real it was SO much more entertaining.

Im a huge Kayfabe guy.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
This is worth 20 minutes of any wrestling fans time. Windhams heel turn in 88, when he turned on Luger in a tag match against Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson and then joined the 4 horseman. Then the interviews after and Dusty coming out as Midnight Rider is pure gold.

Doesnt get much better than this.

The pure heat in southern wrestling back then was unrivaled. "Sports entertainment" ruined it. When dopes thought it was real it was SO much more entertaining.

Im a huge Kayfabe guy.

Which is what made the nwo story the best ever. By far

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove, you can take your satin pants, shine them up real nice, turn them sideways........

.....and stick them straight up your roody poo candy ass.
How does it feel going through life as "The People's Chump"?

August_West

Reaction Score
How does it feel going through life as "The People's Chump"?
giphy.gif

the Q

Reaction Score
The first year of NWO was incredible, Then they botched it.

Everything through starrcade 97 was incredible.

But it seems like they had zero plan for that match or really after that.

Botching the ending probably cost them 2 more PPV main events

August_West

Reaction Score
Everything through starrcade 97 was incredible.

But it seems like they had zero plan for that match or really after that.

Botching the ending probably cost them 2 more PPV main events

It cost them their company

the Q

Reaction Score
It cost them their company

Yup. Funny how that plus the clique breaking character at msg in spring 96 basically saved the wwf.

Wcw wins the war if either of those things don’t happen.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Hamden. Nany of the old WWWF wrestlers lived in town and it was strange running into them. You would see them in the old Sears store I worked at or you might see them in the grocery store. You would see the Wild Samoans, Mr Fuji, Mr Saito, Tony Garea, Playboy Buddy Rose. The Magnificent Muraco, Boris Zokoff, Greg Valentine, and a 15 year old Yokozuna. And others besides them lived in the area as well including a grade school aged The Rock!

August_West

Reaction Score
I grew up in Hamden. Nany of the old WWWF wrestlers lived in town and it was strange running into them. You would see them in the old Sears store I worked at or you might see them in the grocery store. You would see the Wild Samoans, Mr Fuji, Mr Saito, Tony Garea, Playboy Buddy Rose. The Magnificent Muraco, Boris Zokoff, Greg Valentine, and a 15 year old Yokozuna. And others besides them lived in the area as well including a grade school aged The Rock!

Tony Gareas daughter is my keyboard players girlfriend

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
After WCW started to sink - and before WWE got its act together - ECW filled the void for me. I used to wait up until 1am to watch. Ground breaking moves, cult like fandom, story lines over the top.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom