OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread

Reaction Score
My issue with the current product is nobody makes me laugh. During the recent past, I could count on Mick Foley, Austin, The Rock, etc for funny Promos and skits. DX during the Attitude era was great. Once Jericho left and took his List of Jericho with him, I no longer had anyone to consistently laugh at.
I also don't like women's wrestling. Some of the PPV matches have been good, but for the most part I just don't care. If I owned WWE, I'd drop the women and shorten RAW to 2 hours.

The lack of mic talent today is hurting the show. The Miz is probably the worst wrestlers on the show but he has one of the best mics on the roster.... which is VERY sad. Agreed limit to 2 hours.

They need new faces and they have to stop bringing back old guys that can’t keep up. And if they can’t stop then for cripes sake just bring them back to put a young talent over and send them home.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The lack of mic talent today is hurting the show. The Miz is probably the worst wrestlers on the show but he has one of the best mics on the roster.... which is VERY sad. Agreed limit to 2 hours.

They need new faces and they have to stop bringing back old guys that can’t keep up. And if they can’t stop then for cripes sake just bring them back to put a young talent over and send them home.

The problem is the foreign countries want the old guys.

the Q

Reaction Score
True for the first part of his career but....all he did was put dudes over upon his return in 2002

I still blame him for being a bad mentor to HHH.

How wwe did sting so dirty making him job to a laughably inferior talent at his sole wrestle mania, after all the anticipation....screw those guys.

Reaction Score
RIP KKB. He’s had his share of good matches. His size made others look good like Hulk Hogan, Andre (later years) and even HBK. Although I will say HBK is arguably the greatest of all time.

HBK might arguably be the greatist of all time if you have never seen such greats as Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Harley Race, Rick Steamboat, Terry Funk and a host of others that came before HBK.

the Q

Reaction Score
Rowdy Roddy...now there was a mic man!

I always liked the undertaker because he was the opposite of stereotypical pro wrestling promos and mic sessions.

But the rock is just King.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Best wrestlers on the mic-
1. Dusty Rhodes
2. Ric Flair
3. Hulk Hogan
4 Randy Savage
5 Stone Cold Steve Austin
6. Mick Foley
7. Rowdy Roddy Piper

Funniest on the mic- Sid Vicious check out wrestlebotch on Instagram - great account

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I guess it depends on the criteria. All around talent, meaning Mic skills and wrestling, puts HBK up there with Undertaker & Hart.
Hogan might win a popularity contest and was great on the mic, but his in ring skills were minimal at best and he had one of the worst finishing moves of all time.

That may have been Bam Bam Bigelow. He moved very well for a big guy.

HBK is better than Hart by a mile. Undertaker is a tough comparison. His gimmick was 2nd to none and he could work his ass off. Michaels is a small guy who was really great on the stick and a top 10 all timer as a in ring worker. When he was at his best he really is in rarified air. The problem is that window of "at his best" is pretty damn small. He had the tools to be greatest of all time, but injuries and way too much partying really shortened that.

August_West

Reaction Score
Best wrestlers on the mic-
1. Dusty Rhodes
2. Ric Flair
3. Hulk Hogan
4 Randy Savage
5 Stone Cold Steve Austin
6. Mick Foley
7. Rowdy Roddy Piper

Funniest on the mic- Sid Vicious check out wrestlebotch on Instagram - great account

Thats not a bad list. Hogan much too high and Piper much too low.

the Q

Reaction Score
HBK is better than Hart by a mile. Undertaker is a tough comparison. His gimmick was 2nd to none and he could work his ass off. Michaels is a small guy who was really great on the stick and a top 10 all timer as a in ring worker. When he was at his best he really is in rarified air. The problem is that window of "at his best" is pretty damn small. He had the tools to be greatest of all time, but injuries and way too much partying really shortened that.

No chance. Michaels never carried a company. Hart did.

He put on better matches than hbk could dream of.

August_West

Reaction Score
No chance. Michaels never carried a company. Hart did.

He put on better matches than hbk could dream of.

In his mind.

He was a fine technical worker but an absolute dullard and Michaels could outwork him. I never got the Bret Hart love other than his decent ring work proficiency.

And to compound that, no one has a more inflated sense of their own place in business history than Bret. Hes a real gaping *******

the Q

Reaction Score
In his mind.

He was a fine technical worker but an absolute dullard and Michaels could outwork him. I never got the Bret Hart love other than his decent ring work proficiency.

And to compound that, no one has a more inflated sense of their own place in business history than Bret. Hes a real gaping *******

Funny. I’d have said the same thing about HBK for your last paragraph. Him and triple H.

Reaction Score
Honestly I’m not sure anyone but hogan can be first.

Despite being one of the worst in ring performers.

But look st the modern stuff and this Becky Lynch crap. Low card ring talent can play up with the mic skills. Or a bad attitude.

I would say Flair and Hogan. It also seems like they are going to battle to the end to see who can outlive their peers based on the fact that we seem to lose one of the old guys every week.

August_West

Reaction Score
Funny. I’d have said the same thing about HBK for your last paragraph. Him and triple H.

Other than Brett and Owen match which was great, I can name about 10 other Shawn matches that are all timers and better than anything Bret did.
The ladder match against razor (changed the business), the 2002 match against Triple H, WM 25 and 26 against Undertaker on and on............

August_West

Reaction Score
I always liked the undertaker because he was the opposite of stereotypical pro wrestling promos and mic sessions.

But the rock is just King.

Agree with you on the Rock. Was great.

August_West

Reaction Score
I hope the WWE can find their “starters.” It hasn’t been good tv in years. Casual fans can’t keep up.

There is a new promotion coming called AEW that seems to be a huge threat to them. I don’t watch wrestling like I used to (attitude era up to the Benoit ) but I might flip on AEW to see what they have. Their show is called “Tuesday Night Dynamite” and I think it’s gunna be casted on TNT or TBS to go up against Smackdown. Should be interesting.

AEW is pretty great. It's kind of a New Japan spinoff.

They have some great talent and are intersted in having a great ring product.

the Q

Reaction Score
Other than Brett and Owen match which was great, I can name about 10 other Shawn matches that are all timers and better than anything Bret did.
The ladder match against razor (changed the business), the 2002 match against Triple H, WM 25 and 26 against Undertaker on and on..

Disagree.

The fueds of the mid 90s with diesel and taker are way better.

Funny how Bret and hbk were in the first ladder match. So that cancels out.

94 cage match with Owen is probably the best ever though.

Plus their WM10 match was fantastic.

August_West

Reaction Score
Disagree.

Diesel?

LOL.

And here I was taking you seriously as a fan of the work.

Reaction Score
Disagree.

Genuinely curious if you watched WWE in the 2000s? ...a lot of your comments seem to neglect HBK's comeback from 2002 to 2010

August_West

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what you think.

Dove, you can take your satin pants, shine them up real nice, turn them sideways...........................................

....................and stick them straight up your roody poo candy ass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom