OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread | The Boneyard

OT: Weekly Wrestler From 80's Dies Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
King Kong Bundy down for the five count.

Age 61.

Never a big fan of the oversized dude who can't move or do anything schtick. Eventually you run out of ways to keep it interesting.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He was good on Married with Children and did have the innovative 5 count that I still use on the golf course on the rare moment I turn in a score that low (yes, even on a par 3).

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I mostly remember him from the million dollar corporation.

Didn’t he main event a wrestlemania?

Reaction Score
RIP KKB. He’s had his share of good matches. His size made others look good like Hulk Hogan, Andre (later years) and even HBK. Although I will say HBK is arguably the greatest of all time.

the Q

Reaction Score
RIP KKB. He’s had his good matches and his size made him make others look good like Hulk Hogan, Andre (later years) and even HBK. Although I will say HBK is arguably the greatest of all time.

There is not even a remote chance that last sentence is true.

the Q

Reaction Score
“Arguably.”

He’s questionable for top of his era when you include hart, the undertaker, the rock and Austin.

And if we include wcw there’s zero chance he’s ahead of sting either

the Q

Reaction Score
Honestly I’m not sure anyone but hogan can be first.

Despite being one of the worst in ring performers.

But look st the modern stuff and this Becky Lynch crap. Low card ring talent can play up with the mic skills. Or a bad attitude.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Never a big fan of the oversized dude who can't move or do anything schtick. Eventually you run out of ways to keep it interesting.

I pretty much agree but if iirc Bundy was a good mover. Couldn't he do cartwheels?

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
He’s questionable for top of his era when you include hart, the undertaker, the rock and Austin.

And if we include wcw there’s zero chance he’s ahead of sting either
I guess it depends on the criteria. All around talent, meaning Mic skills and wrestling, puts HBK up there with Undertaker & Hart.
Hogan might win a popularity contest and was great on the mic, but his in ring skills were minimal at best and he had one of the worst finishing moves of all time.

I pretty much agree but if iirc Bundy was a good mover. Couldn't he do cartwheels?

That may have been Bam Bam Bigelow. He moved very well for a big guy.

the Q

Reaction Score
I guess it depends on the criteria. All around talent, meaning Mic skills and wrestling, puts HBK up there with Undertaker & Hart.
Hogan might win a popularity contest and was great on the mic, but his in ring skills were minimal at best and he had one of the worst finishing moves of all time.

When it comes to ratings it is an interesting and subjective criteria. Plus some might overlap.

But basically I’d say these are a decent starting point for a discussion.

In-ring skills
Charisma (include mic skills here)
Longevity
Originality

I think hbk is easily behind (in no particular order)

Hogan
Rock
Austin
Bret Hart
Sting
Flair
Undertaker

Cena and macho man also definitely up there

Also I think Hollywood hogan is what makes hogan the clear 1. He could Polarize like no other. He even made it cool to be a heel.

Frankly the difference between hbk and aj styles is minimal. Styles better in the ring, hbk better on the mic

Reaction Score
Honestly I’m not sure anyone but hogan can be first.

Despite being one of the worst in ring performers.

But look st the modern stuff and this Becky Lynch crap. Low card ring talent can play up with the mic skills. Or a bad attitude.

Lol you can’t say ur not sure if anyone but hogan can be first and be one of the worst in ring performers. He’s up there tho.

Everyone knows a good name, gimmick, and solid mic skills can take you far in that business. In terms of performance I think HBK is up there with the best of the best. Maybe he somewhat lacked mic skills but I enjoyed him when he had his feuds with Bret and Undertaker, royal rumble wins, and creation of DX.

You have a nice list. I would add HBK tho.

Reaction Score
RIP KKB. He’s had his share of good matches. His size made others look good like Hulk Hogan, Andre (later years) and even HBK. Although I will say HBK is arguably the greatest of all time.

Agreed on the Showstopper! He had two separate HoF careers!

Reaction Score

I agree with this - full package - HBK right up there with anyone. His in ring skills were second to none and his mic game was awesome too. The amount of times I set up sweet chin music on my little brother growing up...

Reaction Score
I hope the WWE can find their “starters.” It hasn’t been good tv in years. Casual fans can’t keep up.

There is a new promotion coming called AEW that seems to be a huge threat to them. I don’t watch wrestling like I used to (attitude era up to the Benoit ) but I might flip on AEW to see what they have. Their show is called “Tuesday Night Dynamite” and I think it’s gunna be casted on TNT or TBS to go up against Smackdown. Should be interesting.

the Q

Reaction Score
I agree with this - full package - HBK right up there with anyone. His in ring skills were second to none and his mic game was awesome too. The amount of times I set up sweet chin music on my little brother growing up...

I was more of a razors edge, jackknife and sharpshooter guy.

the Q

Reaction Score
I hope the WWE can find their “starters.” It hasn’t been good tv in years. Casual fans can’t keep up.

There is a new promotion coming called AEW that seems to be a huge threat to them. I don’t watch wrestling like I used to (attitude era up to the Benoit ) but I might flip on AEW to see what they have. Their show is called “Tuesday Night Dynamite” and I think it’s gunna be casted on TNT or TBS to go up against Smackdown. Should be interesting.

It’s really bad now. The fact that Becky Lynch is a favorite is Downright embarrassing

I’m happy for AEW because wwe needs some legit completion it hasn’t had since the nwo was still in its first iteration.

But I think smack down is moving to Friday’s on the new fox deal.

the Q

Reaction Score
Lol you can’t say ur not sure if anyone but hogan can be first and be one of the worst in ring performers. He’s up there tho.

Everyone knows a good name, gimmick, and solid mic skills can take you far in that business. In terms of performance I think HBK is up there with the best of the best. Maybe he somewhat lacked mic skills but I enjoyed him when he had his feuds with Bret and Undertaker, royal rumble wins, and creation of DX.

Austin is up there with him in terms of poor in ring skills. Some can make it work. But it’s a much harder road

the Q

Reaction Score

I can agree to hbk on the bottom of that list. Especially since he never put anyone over.

What he did to Vader was criminal.

Reaction Score
I can agree to hbk on the bottom of that list. Especially since he never put anyone over.

What he did to Vader was criminal.
True for the first part of his career but....all he did was put dudes over upon his return in 2002

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
My issue with the current product is nobody makes me laugh. During the recent past, I could count on Mick Foley, Austin, The Rock, etc for funny Promos and skits. DX during the Attitude era was great. Once Jericho left and took his List of Jericho with him, I no longer had anyone to consistently laugh at.
I also don't like women's wrestling. Some of the PPV matches have been good, but for the most part I just don't care. If I owned WWE, I'd drop the women and shorten RAW to 2 hours.

the Q

Reaction Score
My issue with the current product is nobody makes me laugh. During the recent past, I could count on Mick Foley, Austin, The Rock, etc for funny Promos and skits. DX during the Attitude era was great. Once Jericho left and took his List of Jericho with him, I no longer had anyone to consistently laugh at.
I also don't like women's wrestling. Some of the PPV matches have been good, but for the most part I just don't care. If I owned WWE, I'd drop the women and shorten RAW to 2 hours.

The biggest problem is rousey is the biggest name And Lynch is somehow the most over

the Q

Reaction Score

Damn, no one cut a promo like the rock.

Mick was crazy uncle fun.

DX was crude and juvenile.

The rock though, was just pure excellence. His cut before the Armageddon hell in a cell is the stuff of legend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom