OT: Stock trading | Page 57 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I am up 42% since September 1st. Yes you read that right. And it's not because of my knowledge but all because of The Smart Cents Private Stock Group - The Smart Cents .

I could not recommend this group more. $10 a month, i have nothing to do with it besides being a member.

Hey Nebraskan18 . what are some examples of what has/ does "The Smart Cents recommend ?

Thanks.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
After the Covid crash, I looked for stocks that were tanked and well off recent highs. Went with travel and energy stocks, plus pharmaceuticals.

Norwegian Cruise Lines and JetBlue plus 64% and 51% respectively. Both are still well off their 1 year highs. NCLH at about 26 vs 60. JBLU at about 15 vs 21. Although the overall market has rebounded and value is harder to find, I'm sure there are still companies that have not recovered because of public perception.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
plug.png

this has been a fun one

Reaction Score
Out of all the newish, gig/sharing, disruptive companies out there, I still haven't used Airbnb, and I don't like to invest in companies that I do not patronize. I looked into it a few times for trips, and it didn't seem to save me much money, and seemed less convenient than a traditional hotel booking or beach rental. Additionally, I do not know too many people who use Airbnb. I have used the likes of Uber, Uber Eats, Door Dash, Dine In CT, Poshmark, Robin Hood, PayPal, Venmo, and I'm sure a few others I can't recall at the moment, but even those wouldn't be ideas I would invest in (expect PayPal, which I am on HEAVY). I also think the IPO will considerably over value them.
That's good rationale, I'm iffy on it for similar reasons although I'm not 100% sure that I haven't used them via travel someone else has arranged. I do know of lots of people that have used it esp for pandemic related 'go live elsewhere for a time' and I think that's likely to increase adaption as things loosen up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
After the Covid crash, I looked for stocks that were tanked and well off recent highs. Went with travel and energy stocks, plus pharmaceuticals.

Norwegian Cruise Lines and JetBlue plus 64% and 51% respectively. Both are still well off their 1 year highs. NCLH at about 26 vs 60. JBLU at about 15 vs 21. Although the overall market has rebounded and value is harder to find, I'm sure there are still companies that have not recovered because of public perception.
Energy is going to do very well in the coming years as travel will pick back up and the same oil companies will be adding green energy sectors to their business model

Reaction Score
My biggest winfall to date has been UNITY, bought at the IPO $70, it's approaching $170

Reaction Score
Have a conundrum

I have 5 options of QS I bought weeks ago. $22.5 calls expiring dec 18. They are up 1200%. I kinda want to hold them cause I think it will still go up but I'm thinking of selling at open and buying calls half the price around $50 mark.

Conflicted on what course of action. Also pissed I didn't throw in my whole kitty like I wanted to do and got talked out of would have been a $500k gain as of today

Reaction Score
Have a conundrum

I have 5 options of QS I bought weeks ago. $22.5 calls expiring dec 18. They are up 1200%. I kinda want to hold them cause I think it will still go up but I'm thinking of selling at open and buying calls half the price around $50 mark.

Conflicted on what course of action. Also pissed I didn't throw in my whole kitty like I wanted to do and got talked out of would have been a $500k gain as of today

Sell them immediately. If you can't bring yourself to do that at least sell 2 or 3 of them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
ouch !!!!!

not a good day.

I was mostly up, although not big anywhere. Had a few losers like pfe, and pru. They needed to go down. They’re overheated right now

Reaction Score
I was in the middle of several trades today when my internet went out, costing me a couple grand.

Reaction Score
Still can't understand why BABA is so low. Should be a $300+ stock and wouldn't surprise me to see it at $500 a year from now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom