OT: Stock trading | Page 59 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any suggestions on the best place to park money, short term? I'm down close to 10% just in the past week or two, but still up 40% just in the past couple month (COVID tech stocks). I can't afford to weather the coming storm.
A money market account at your bank?

Reaction Score
nothing like buying LAZR at $43 and 3 days later its at $32 :cool:
Ha, i bought it at 32 and kick myself for not selling at 44, now I’m even. I’ve had too many of these that I’ve taken small profits on though that later ran like crazy, tough ballgame.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
money is in a 403b.

Same answer though. Pick the cash money market account they offer, whether MuniBond or federal. You will be losing to inflation, but a lot more slowly.

Reaction Score
Same answer though. Pick the cash money market account they offer, whether MuniBond or federal. You will be losing to inflation, but a lot more slowly.
What about an ETF of short term treasuries, GOVT, SHY, VGSH - should do slightly better than cash, but of course some downside risk. Our gov't is very stable! :) (sorry)

Reaction Score
Any suggestions on the best place to park money, short term? I'm down close to 10% just in the past week or two, but still up 40% just in the past couple month (COVID tech stocks). I can't afford to weather the coming storm.
ICSH is a Blackrock Ultra Short term bond ETF. It is historically pretty stable and is currently yielding around 0.40%. During the liquidity crunch in Feb/Mar the max drawdown was -0.85%.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What about an ETF of short term treasuries, GOVT, SHY, VGSH - should do slightly better than cash, but of course some downside risk. Our gov't is very stable! :) (sorry)

Sure. Depending on liquidity requirements. Or a mutual fund of the same nature.

Reaction Score
how low you think NIO will go? At what point will it be good to buy again?
I’ll look at charts tonight for you to try to see where support is. It seems to always find support here around 41 though. Last week it dipped down to 38 one morning and later that day rocketed higher. So if it dips below 40, 38 seems to be the next level of support.

Just checked the chart. It’s 20 day average is 45 so not a great sign that it closed well below that. Its 50 day moving average is 37.11 so that should be the next support level if it continues moving downwards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how low you think NIO will go? At what point will it be good to buy again?
I wouldn't worry about NIO they arguably have a better business plan than Tesla. I bought 100 shares when they were in 16s. I'm hoping it's my Amazon that will reward me 10-15 years down the road

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

i like T for that.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
T is the ticker for AT&T. They’ve been paying quarterly dividends of around $0.50 a share.

My friends call me "T" so I wasn't sure.

Thanks. Would have thought it would be ATT.

Reaction Score
Nio will keep this range until battery day in january.
I remembered last night the 60 million share offering too, that’s undoubtedly putting pressure on the stock too. I’m not overly concerned about NIO.

Reaction Score

I dunno if this will or should effect the stock, but if there is ONE singular place with crazy pent-up demand it is DisneyWorld land. I'm utterly shocked that some people have gone during Covid, regardless they could charge double and be sold out for a year and a half plus once this is over. Unfortunately that bump seems to be priced in and could be short lived.

Also though the Mandelorian is very good, my kids are 1000% hooked on Star Wars cannon, invaluable.

Reaction Score
I dunno if this will or should effect the stock, but if there is ONE singular place with crazy pent-up demand it is DisneyWorld land. I'm utterly shocked that some people have gone during Covid, regardless they could charge double and be sold out for a year and a half plus once this is over. Unfortunately that bump seems to be priced in and could be short lived.

Also though the Mandelorian is very good, my kids are 1000% hooked on Star Wars cannon, invaluable.
I got in two weeks ago, think about the perfect storm for this stock, between vaccines and the pent up demand you mentioned, the explosive growth of Disney +, sports returning to previous levels and how well they should be able to cross promote between the three. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Disney + spun off at some point and being the next Netflix. Exciting time to be in, I’m trying to find a way to add more and hopefully enjoy a run up to 220-240.

Reaction Score

you’ve been saying a storm is coming for quite some time. Eventually you might be right. In 2020, the Nasdaq is +38 percent, S&p +20 percent. How are you able to predict A storm is coming? If you were so confident a storm is on the way, why don’t you short the S&p?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
you’ve been saying a storm is coming for quite some time. Eventually you might be right. In 2020, the Nasdaq is +38 percent, S&p +20 percent. How are you able to predict A storm is coming? If you were so confident a storm is on the way, why don’t you short the S&p?
History

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Mandelorian is so good. What’s Star Wars cannon?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom