OT: Juwan Durham update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Durham update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All you need to know about him is he

All you need to know about him is that he miss two regular season games n one week of practice with the flu or viral infection. This is so weak, no one that takes pride in their job takes that much time off. Definitely not a 19 year old college athlete if they r truly dedicated.

Have you managed to go through life without ever experiencing sickness?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kids have been using the game as a bastion of economic opportunity for years. The shift that I think has occurred lies in your use of the term "ROI" - my belief is that over the past ten or so years, families are on the whole digging much deeper and putting a lot more care into how to effectively monetize their kids. We're starting to see the gradual blurring of "basketball player" and "brand" - the Balls are an exaggerated example, but people all over are aspiring to the same thing on a much smaller scale.

I don't know if it's that complicated for the majority. Durham may be able to better control his exposure but it's not like players like him will ever have a brand.

Transferring used to come with a scarlet letter.

It doesn't anymore so they jump more often and more quickly.

If you think leaving school A for school B gives you a better chance to get to the Spanish first division you go.

Players are bringing the AAU mentality to college - which I respect as they should look out for #1 - but it's impossible to pretend that the roster turnover isn't killing the sport from an interest standpoint.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that complicated f

Transferring used to come with a scarlet letter.

It doesn't anymore so they jump more often and more quickly.

If you think leaving school A for school B gives you a better chance to get to the Spanish first division you go.

You're probably right, but I still think there's some connection. There had to be that shift of mindframe to where kids are actually coming to that realization about the Spanish first division during their college careers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're probably right, but I still think there's some connection. There had to be that shift of mindframe to where kids are actually coming to that realization about the Spanish first division during their college careers.

The AAU culture has shown them every man for themselves.

Reaction Score
You don't know why they left.
U need to stop with the innuendos. The 3 people that left the program might have issues with Ollie but they are not the victims here. They have a great opportunity next yr and they were not mentally strong enough to handle it. When I played, it was always the entitled overrated scrubb that blames the coaches, system or their teamates. The hardest worker blame themselves. Jeremy lamb use to shoot at gambel till 2am. Kemba n Napier did not have twitter at Uconn because they were always practicing and watching game films

Reaction Score
My dad missed 2 days of work in 38 years because he threw his back out and couldn't move. I'm such a wuss compared to him.

Ha I missed an entire month of work in 2016 because of a back injury. But I am a soft millenial.

Reaction Score
Have you managed to go through life without ever experiencing sickness?
Yes I did with cold flu etc. Fortunately no heart disease or cancer. Durham is more healthy then almost all of us on this board last yr. Michael Jordan score 50 points with a temp of 102 2nd to the flu. Durham miss games on two different occasions with viral infections.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
All you need to know about him is he

All you need to know about him is that he miss two regular season games n one week of practice with the flu or viral infection. This is so weak, no one that takes pride in their job takes that much time off. Definitely not a 19 year old college athlete if they r truly dedicated.

Clearly no mother with a job has any pride in their work. Some take 12 weeks of maternity!

Reaction Score
Ha I missed an entire month of work in 2016 because of a back injury. But I am a soft millenial.
Back pain, cough, stress and headaches r the bane of our occupation

Reaction Score
dribbles_baby_basketball_player_1172955.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes I did with cold flu etc. Fortunately no heart disease or cancer. Durham is more healthy then almost all of us on this board last yr. Michael Jordan score 50 points with a temp of 102 2nd to the flu. Durham miss games on two different occasions with viral infections.

You think when they sit kids with concussions everyone involved in a

Durham wasn't good enough to win minutes when healthy. He really killed us by not playing sick when he would have been worse.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
disappointed he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to come back after basically a rehab year to a team that stuck with him through another ACL injury when others would have bailed.

Poor character IMHO

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I still think KO was being careful with him. He hadn't played much basketball in the last 2 years with 2 ACL surgeries. He is going to be very good if he can stay healthy but his comments sucked.
Which is why he should have probably been redshirted his freshman season, wouldn't have sent any wrong messages in this particular case.

Reaction Score
I have only recently started to feel old in the past year and that is solely because of the antipathy I have developed for young kids. Like I said, I can't even blame them as they are clearly a product of their environment. But they still suck.

He should have played more. 100%. His comments are disconcerting and perhaps he does not have the correct mentality.

I'm not sure I'm social enough to even notice if there was a shift.

You're what, 29? If you're talking work stuff then I definitely understand, though I think I'm the type of person that will learn to hate anybody if I spend enough time with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom