OR vs MD game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OR vs MD game thread

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
200 MD fans here. Rest of us are 4 the Ducks.not only perceived as less of a threat to UConn, but also a real crowd favourite.

I want the ducks and can live to regret it, but it is simply a matter of boredom with Maryland and then there is Brenda. Go down swinging! I think you want to go somewhere else with that speech. And she sounds rattled. Don't let em see you sweat Brenda. Sheesh.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I hate the early starts. If someone does not have to deal with jet lag, let's upset their biorythmns with an early or very late start - the later having been UConn's burden for years because the game is always the big draw.
I think this is another of those issues that are only as important to a team as the coach and players make them, like the tournament draw. Make a big deal about where or when or who your team is playing and it is a self fulfilling prophesy. Uconn had the early starts last year and absolutely crushed it because on or around the team cared. SC has complained every time they went west and has suffered for it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What time is the UConn game? ESPN is now showing it starting at 1:30?? I thought it was 2? Did they move the game up a half hour?
30 minutes after the MD game ends

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The foul situation isn't helping Oregon. Will they find a way?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just woke up to see the last 3 mins. of the 1st half. Jones was having a problem with Oregon's length inside. Oregon played much like UConn, but instead of quick shooting they used the clock. Lots of motion and good passing. Yet MD only scored 27 points in the half. MD will come back. Will they have enough left to over take Oregon? Can OU continue to play well? MD needs to play inside out and move the ball more on offense. The real problem seems to be MD overlooked this team toward UConn and are being surprised by Oregon. When you are the best or one of the best good teams play great against you and VG team play out of their minds. MD is learning that when you face that perfect storm you need to relax and execute. Also Oregon is a young team. They don't know what they don't know. They don't know enough to be scared. They don't know what they're capable of. They haven't learn heartbreak. I've said before, it's easy to be a contender. It's very difficult to be champion. Creating a consistent winning culture is the hardest thing to do in sports. Frese and this team is learning that getting the best talent doesn't mean winning and it certainly doesn't meaning coaching from an easy chair.

Reaction Score
Maryland has realized that if you stop Ionescu then Oregon has no other answers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
30 minutes after the MD game ends

The teams get a 15 minute shoot around right? I do recall a game w/i last year in which the shoot around was canceled because of TV schedule pressure, but I think that was CBS sports.

JordyG

Reaction Score
MD's sense of urgency and energy have increased a lot in the 2nd half.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Maryland has realized that if you stop Ionescu then Oregon has no other answers.
Indeed. Force Ionescu to dribble drive. Make her give up the ball. Box out and make OU's guards defend. And work inside out to Jones. Take advantage of OU's inexperience inside. Push the pace. OU has been playing a lot of hurry up and wait. Make them hurry up on both ends.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How long will Oregon prevent Maryland from going on a Run like UConn does. Maryland seems to be on the verge of having one.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
2019 Regional Sites have not been selected. Like to see the NCAA try for one year Debbie Antonelli's suggestion of having all Regionals in Las Vegas. Try it what's the harm.

The NCAA women's committee commissioned a study on expanding coverage and attendance and profile and held a series of meetings with coaches and interested parties - they came out of it with the change to go back to first rounds being hosted by top 16 teams, and regional sites changing back to neutral sites, and awarding regional and FF sites multi-year contracts so they could take a shot at building a fan base for the tournament as opposed to just for local or regional teams. I believe they chose about 8 sites - Albany and Bridgeport being one pairing that have rotated - last two in Bridgeport first in Albany and next year a return there.

I am sure they will revisit it all sometime in the next year as I believe next year is the end of the initial commitment on the regionals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The foul situation isn't helping Oregon. Will they find a way?
Maryland with 13 fouls and Oregon with only 9 but one Duck has four.
On rebounds surprisingly they are identical on offense and defensive boards!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Pac 12 fans should be proud of the way this team is playing. They've clearly studied Geno's techniques. This team has a fine future.

JordyG

Reaction Score
MD getting a dose of what a healthy UConn team would have done to them. Bando is starting to do a Nurse/Lou on them.

Reaction Score
Magnificent defense from Maryland on those two consecutive possessions.

(for those viewing this thread after the fact, that was sarcasm :D)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This game has the same feeling as the Duke game. Maryland makes a push and Oregon just sustains. They come back down the floor and make a play. I felt like in the Duke game the Blue Devils could never just get over the hump.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So that extra energy from MD has added 3 points to the Duck's lead!

Reaction Score
Oregon better get a little more space between them because it will be a tough 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
2019 Regional Sites have not been selected. Like to see the NCAA try for one year Debbie Antonelli's suggestion of having all Regionals in Las Vegas. Try it what's the harm.

Oh that sounds terrible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom