OR vs MD game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OR vs MD game thread

Reaction Score
Kristen confroy is literally a non factor for Maryland

Reaction Score
From what I remember, Ionescu specifically said that she was looking to be at the center of her own team, instead of becoming a part of a top notch team. So she wouldn't have ever considered UConn.

Too bad; she's quite remarkable.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Farewell to Frese who has Frozen and Fried. This OU team is a real contender this year and in years to come. I guess this puts paid to those who suspected that the Pac 12 was overrated and whose rankings were inflated because they only played each other.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That's the committee's fault placing teams in certain regions because they think they have a certain impact on "attendance". Quick question..... how come the same cities are always hosting regionals for women? Lexington, Bridgeport, and OKC are always hosting how come bigger cities like Cleveland, Atlanta, or Philly never get a chance to host ??
I believe it's who bids on hosting. NYC Madison Square Garden would be a great venue but they get more revenue with other events than women's basketball. Plus you need a school to acts as host. So for Bridgeport, Fairfield and UConn act as the host schools, setting up the venue, hotels, transportation etc.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Twice now the announcers have spoken as though UConn will be the opponent in the E8.

Of course, we know that will be the case, but still . . .

JordyG

Reaction Score
I believe it's who bids on hosting. NYC Madison Square Garden would be a great venue but they get more revenue with other events than women's basketball. Plus you need a school to acts as host. So for Bridgeport, Fairfield and UConn act as the host schools, setting up the venue, hotels, transportation etc.
I believe the subtext to SCspur's comment is really why can't the Carolina's host a regional? Why always Lexington? Those SC fans would fill the seats of any regional in that area yearly. If the NCAA is looking to build this sport how better?

Reaction Score
I just haven't had time to follow every game by every team. Is Oregon really this good? It seems like Maryland, while playing poorly, could be within striking distance despite everything if it only had hit a couple of three-point shots. But they've played as if the game is over since about Eight minutes left in the fourth quarter.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Can OU hold on through MD's last run?

Reaction Score
Jones is the only Maryland player that looks like she doesn't wanna go home. Slocum hasn't done anything and looks confused.

Reaction Score
Oregon is playing not to lose right now instead of playing to win.

Reaction Score
Oregon is playing well. Great discipline with their offense. Patiently waiting and knocking down shots when needed.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yeah. Bad foul call on that screen. Still waiting for MD to make a 3.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
3 possession game... 90 sec left.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Bye Bye appropriately seeded, overrated Frese.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom