OR vs MD game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OR vs MD game thread

Reaction Score
If Oregon had anybody else besides Ionescu that could hit an open jump shot they would be up by double digits.

Reaction Score
I never expected Maryland to look this bad. The Ducks are playing well but not great, and yet making Maryland look sluggish to say the least.

Reaction Score
31-25 Oregon with 2 min before the half. We have a game here!!! So sick about Freese and her antics.

Reaction Score
That MD body language - I think they are just holding on until halftime..

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Connecticut fans who showed up for both games are being rewarded.

Reaction Score
That's the committee's fault placing teams in certain regions because they think they have a certain impact on "attendance". Quick question..... how come the same cities are always hosting regionals for women? Lexington, Bridgeport, and OKC are always hosting how come bigger cities like Cleveland, Atlanta, or Philly never get a chance to host ??

1) Cities need to bid. Do you know those cities are interested? I'm not sure Philly would want the Regionals -- just not enough $ involved, esp since it involves kicking out their 2 tenants (76ers, Flyers) for the weekend.
2) The latest ncaa experiment is to award the regionals on a multi-year basis. That's why Bridgeport and Lexington have the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
Maryland is looking pretty bad in a half court set and Oregon is not atheletic looking at all... but they are patient. Once Maryland gets into their transition game, game over. It's bound to happen... right?

Probably. Oregon just does not have the athletes Maryland does. Maryland is going to win with their athleticism. They're gonna crawl to halftime and likely use those 20 minutes to calm down a bit. Once their transition game gets going, they'll likely come back and win. But its probably going to be close until at least the 4Q.

Reaction Score
Maryland is looking pretty bad in a half court set and Oregon is not atheletic looking at all... but they are patient. Once Maryland gets into their transition game, game over. It's bound to happen... right?
You're exactly right....Graves knows exactly what powers the Terps, slowing Slocum down bringing the ball is up is important, and trying to limit Jones' touches is next. If they can just box out, they might just win.

Reaction Score
Holding on is a great description. Several of the MD players look like they're playing a game somewhere else today. Time for one of Brenda's patented locker room rants.

Reaction Score
Are we looking at an upset here? 36-27 Oregon at the half!!!!
I think so! If I could have any upset though I would want it to be Baylor. They look scary good right now. I think they've scored close to or maybe over 300 points in this tourney so far which is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
MD is going to come out like gangbusters in Q3. Or Brenda may show a Summitt-like no mercy on a click board.

Reaction Score
Probably. Oregon just does not have the athletes Maryland does. Maryland is going to win with their athleticism. They're gonna crawl to halftime and likely use those 20 minutes to calm down a bit. Once their transition game gets going, they'll likely come back and win. But its probably going to be close until at least the 4Q.
I see it the other way. Oregon's more athletic.

Reaction Score
1) Cities need to bid. Do you know those cities are interested? I'm not sure Philly would want the Regionals -- just not enough $ involved, esp since it involves kicking out their 2 tenants (76ers, Flyers) for the weekend.
2) The latest ncaa experiment is to award the regionals on a multi-year basis. That's why Bridgeport and Lexington have the last 2 years.

Wow maybe coaches in the SEC, and ACC need to plea to cities like Atlanta, Orlando, and Charlotte. Imagine the fan bases that would come in droves to those locations.

Reaction Score
I could be a ducks fan. These kids have some skill but more important, enthusiasm and a lot of heart!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom