OR vs MD game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OR vs MD game thread

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Two teams in this game are mis-seeded. One is not a #3 and one is not a #10.
Just curious about the 8.30am PDT start. Frese is wondering whose's idea that was.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have been praising Graves and Oregon all season and have said he will make Oregon relevant in PAC12 and country.
As for Maryland I guess the Terps didn't get that early test in preseason agains Maryland Eastern Shores or Umass Lowell to get them ready :rolleyes:

I look for a second half push for the Terps.

Reaction Score
Maryland honestly looks like the early start is affecting them. They look sleep.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Holding on is a great description. Several of the MD players look like they're playing a game somewhere else today. Time for one of Brenda's patented locker room rants.

Time for her to exercise good judgment and close the half time locker room.

Reaction Score
The Ducks are a fine team. They lost 2 games to Oregon State, but they were both extremely close, and the Ducks can play "D". I think the big "D" is showing up in these Sweet 16 games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maryland honestly looks like the early start is affecting them. They look sleep.

I hate the early starts. If someone does not have to deal with jet lag, let's upset their biorythmns with an early or very late start - the later having been UConn's burden for years because the game is always the big draw.

Reaction Score
Wow maybe coaches in the SEC, and ACC need to plea to cities like Atlanta, Orlando, and Charlotte. Imagine the fan bases that would come in droves to those locations.

Come out in droves? Dunno about that.
Atlanta or Charlotte would do well IF South Carolina were there. Otherwise, questionable. I doubt Orlando would do well at all.

And Charlotte is out as long as the bathroom bill is in effect.

OKC getting such a small crowd for a Baylor game is disappointing, as the Bears are one of the better-supported teams. Though it was a Friday night. Hopefully more on Sunday.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That's the committee's fault placing teams in certain regions because they think they have a certain impact on "attendance". Quick question..... how come the same cities are always hosting regionals for women? Lexington, Bridgeport, and OKC are always hosting how come bigger cities like Cleveland, Atlanta, or Philly never get a chance to host ??
The NCAA women's committee commissioned a study on expanding coverage and attendance and profile and held a series of meetings with coaches and interested parties - they came out of it with the change to go back to first rounds being hosted by top 16 teams, and regional sites changing back to neutral sites, and awarding regional and FF sites multi-year contracts so they could take a shot at building a fan base for the tournament as opposed to just for local or regional teams. I believe they chose about 8 sites - Albany and Bridgeport being one pairing that have rotated - last two in Bridgeport first in Albany and next year a return there.

I am sure they will revisit it all sometime in the next year as I believe next year is the end of the initial commitment on the regionals.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of game left. I expect Maryland to come out and go on a run. I think they are going to a zone or a sagging man to man(other than Ionescu) and force Oregon to beat them from the outside. On offense I think Maryland will spread the floor and try to attack off the bounce.

Reaction Score
We need a Sweet 16/Elite 8, or, Final 4 in Portland, OR. Perfect spot for the PNW, and, a great basketball town.

I can see Portland as a Sweet 16/Elite 8 host but it is not enough of a draw for a Final 4.

Reaction Score
What time is the UConn game? ESPN is now showing it starting at 1:30?? I thought it was 2? Did they move the game up a half hour?

Reaction Score
There is a lot of game left. I expect Maryland to come out and go on a run. I think they are going to a zone or a sagging man to man(other than Ionescu) and force Oregon to beat them from the outside. On offense I think Maryland will spread the floor and try to attack off the bounce.

I do still expect them to win, but it doesn't look good.

Reaction Score
I think the Women's regionals work better in mid-size cities. The arenas arent as booked up, and the costs (both arena and parking) are cheaper. Also not as much competition from other local entertainment.

Greenville hosted the men's opening rounds. They should bid for the women's. Also places like Chattanooga, Memphis, Des Moines.

Reaction Score
200 MD fans here. Rest of us are 4 the Ducks.not only perceived as less of a threat to UConn, but also a real crowd favourite.

Reaction Score
What time is the UConn game? ESPN is now showing it starting at 1:30?? I thought it was 2? Did they move the game up a half hour?

1/2 hour after the end of MD-Oregon game. Whenever that is.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
These refs have readily called walks. Sees to be the call of emphasis this season, but the double dribble seems to have been ignored. What is with that. Is the rule now interpreted to be that if an opposing player touches the ball in your hands you are good to go again?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Really surprised at this halftime score. Expected Maryland would have scored 35+ points and be leading by Nine instead of trailing by Nine. Oregon has slowe dthe game down and for the most part taking good shots. However, for them to win, have to think they have to do a better job with their defensive rebounding. Got to think that Destiny Slocum will attempt to take over the game sometime in the 4th quarter if Maryland is still trailing in the game. She's the one that made the UConn vs Maryland game close down the stretch.

Was Maryland overlooking Oregon wanting the Rematch with UConn? Meanwhile all UConn has been thinking about is UCLA.

Reaction Score
Not having seen Maryland play this year, do they have the mentality to make these adjustments? Brenda sounds panicked in the locker room. Not inspiring at all.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Except that Maryland's 11:30 is Oregon's 8:30, and the latter after flying across the US 3x over the past week or so. All of that should be a considerable advantage for MD, not an excuse based on a late morning start..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom