Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Imagine the meltdown if someone could convince him to do a NIL deal with UConn for spite? LOL
Season 2 Pain GIF by NBC

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Isn't Edwards Dutch and here on a student visa?

With the recent Sunoco/Sanogo deal, I'm lost on what the rules on regarding foreign visa holders earning $ via NIL.
They can't do deals in the states on a student visa - that's us law not the NCAA. They can do deals overseas.

Reaction Score
I like the entire West Virginia haul:

• Jesse Edwards 6’11 230 GR from Syracuse, 14.5p, 10.3r, 1.6a, 1.4s, 2.7b, 59.2 fg%, 32.6 mpg. One of the best bigs in the NCAA.
  • Kerr Kriisa 6’3 180 SR from Arizona, 9.9p, 2.4r, 5.1a, 0.6s, 36.6 3p%, 31.3 mpg. Creative, elite vision and a very good spacer.
  • Jose Perez 6’5 220 GR from Manhattan, 18.9p, 4.5a, 39.9 fg%, 25.9 3p%, 7.6 fta. Physical facilitator from the elbow.
  • Omar Silverio 6’3 200 GR from Manhattan via Hofstra, 10.9p, 3.3r, 1.1s, 35.8 3p% in 25.9 mpg. Nice spacer off the bench.
They might not even stop there. Iowa State's Caleb Grill is visiting West Virginia too (9.5p, 4.0r, 1.2s, 36.8 3p%).

But yeah, Edwards was one of those Syracuse guys who always played well whenever I watched them and he seems like a good kid. Glad to see him out of that dump.
Caleb Grill and Bob Huggins may not be the best match

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I like the entire West Virginia haul:

• Jesse Edwards 6’11 230 GR from Syracuse, 14.5p, 10.3r, 1.6a, 1.4s, 2.7b, 59.2 fg%, 32.6 mpg. One of the best bigs in the NCAA.
  • Kerr Kriisa 6’3 180 SR from Arizona, 9.9p, 2.4r, 5.1a, 0.6s, 36.6 3p%, 31.3 mpg. Creative, elite vision and a very good spacer.
  • Jose Perez 6’5 220 GR from Manhattan, 18.9p, 4.5a, 39.9 fg%, 25.9 3p%, 7.6 fta. Physical facilitator from the elbow.
  • Omar Silverio 6’3 200 GR from Manhattan via Hofstra, 10.9p, 3.3r, 1.1s, 35.8 3p% in 25.9 mpg. Nice spacer off the bench.
They might not even stop there. Iowa State's Caleb Grill is visiting West Virginia too (9.5p, 4.0r, 1.2s, 36.8 3p%).

But yeah, Edwards was one of those Syracuse guys who always played well whenever I watched them and he seems like a good kid. Glad to see him out of that dump.
How do you think Edwards will fare after playing zone all the time?

Reaction Score
yeah considering Grill got kicked off the Iowa State team at the end of February in this middle of the season by TJ Osselburger who seems a lot more amicable than Bob Huggins.

Reaction Score
You might be right, but I doubt it.

If the kid has any sense, he will want to play on television on a team that has a chance to win, for a coach with an actual track record.

Lots of schools can offer the same money and better situations than Syracuse.

Also, a Zoom meeting? That's kind of a kiss off. Let me know when he makes an actual visit to the campus.
No chance he goes to Syracuse, he is visiting 4-5 schools. Zoom meeting not in the running. Old high school assistant at Syracuse, this is a courtesy zoom. Other hs coach At Maryland

Reaction Score
I believe that the current workaround is for the business dealings to be done outside of the USA, which is why Sanogo's video was filmed in the Bahamas. It does probably make it more difficult for local businesses to do it though.
Or get a work visa like oscar t on Kentucky. 2 million last year. Calipari probably prints his own work visas

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Or get a work visa like oscar t on Kentucky. 2 million last year. Calipari probably prints his own work visas
Oscar got paid in Bahamas

Reaction Score
How do you think Edwards will fare after playing zone all the time?
I watched a couple Syracuse games last year when there was nothing else on. Not impressed at all by Edward’s in that small sample. He was getting pushed around by small mid-major big men that he should’ve been dominating. Also didn’t box out at all. I think I even made a post here noting how great it would be if we played Cuse this past year as Sanogo and Clingan would absolutely leave him like a rotten tangerine.

Reaction Score
I was told by a former booster that he did a poor job on the new ice rink. Some poor seating, and too small for the future. As long as they had to bond, it should have been done right according to him.
That rink is such a joke

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The greater point is we got a nice facility done. Nothing is perfect. CT is a difficult place to get things done.
An inadequate facility doesn't pass muster by being "nice". DB blew it on that task and he now knows it via the flood of complaints he has been receiving. He's not perfect in any sense of the word, neither is DH, neither are you or I.
DB has no faults or weaknesses but then you say nothing is perfect - can't have it both ways.
The new rink is too small capacity wise and not adequate at all for Hockey East mens hockey

Reaction Score
What point is he trying to make here? That cuse isn’t all in on NIL? The way it’s worded is confusing me a bit
Think he’s saying that while NIL was a nice sweetener, it wasn’t his primary motivation for the move.

Noted that Syracuse couldn’t/ wouldn’t even offer that so it probably reinforced/validated his decision that a change of scenery was for the best.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint, they may be the perfect match. Huggins has taken in troubled guy before and gotten them into shape. He also can empathize with troubled people as someone who has been arrested before

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
An inadequate facility doesn't pass muster by being "nice". DB blew it on that task and he now knows it via the flood of complaints he has been receiving. He's not perfect in any sense of the word, neither is DH, neither are you or I.
DB has no faults or weaknesses but then you say nothing is perfect - can't have it both ways.
The new rink is too small capacity wise and not adequate at all for Hockey East mens hockey

I don't care one iota either way about UConn sports outside of men's hoops and football but the hockey arena is a patently absurd waste of money... I'd argue the entire venture into hockey east was as well given were not exactly swimming in TV revenue...

Reaction Score
I don't care one iota either way about UConn sports outside of men's hoops and football but the hockey arena is a patently absurd waste of money... I'd argue the entire venture into hockey east was as well given were not exactly swimming in TV revenue...
thank you for your interest in UConn Athletics.

Reaction Score
I saw something funny in a Cuse football recruiting article. A recruit commented that Cuse had repaired the entrance to either the stadium or training facility (not sure) because it was in bad shape. Shaky facilities aren't going to help recruiting. I just thought it was funny that a recruit would mention that when asked about their decision status.

Reaction Score
thank you for your interest in UConn Athletics.
Probably the guy with the recent AD incident reported in another thread..... I bet he's voiced his concerns to the AD about the waste of money.

Reaction Score
No chance he goes to Syracuse, he is visiting 4-5 schools. Zoom meeting not in the running. Old high school assistant at Syracuse, this is a courtesy zoom. Other hs coach At Maryland
He is a communication major, would have a starting spot with three top 40 guards. Wants a broadcasting gig after playing career. No other school in the country can offer a combination of the best sports communications reputation and connections in the country, major hoops conference, chance to be the top low post scorer with guards who can deliver the rock. He could do a lot worse than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
That’s a ridiculous take. The politics in CT are a nightmare for an AD. AD Dave keeps getting EVERYTHING done. The hockey barn is too small, but expandable. It will probably expand before long. For now, he’s got a venue that will produce a gaudy winning record. Playing there is horrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom