Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Damn you, mojo gods!

It doesn’t matter.

I bet they get him too. They are so far in the toilet and just have taken a beating even after the JB ouster and players leaving and Weitsman pulling out of NIL that I pretty much guarantee they will back up a brinks truck for Dickinson just to try and save face and act like they care about winning because their fan base is pretty much to mutiny level this week. They will throw them a bone.

He won’t change their overall fortune.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter.

I bet they get him too. They are so far in the toilet and just have taken a beating even after the JB ouster and players leaving and Weitsman pulling out of NIL that I pretty much guarantee they will back up a brinks truck for Dickinson just to try and save face and act like they care about winning because their fan base is pretty much to mutiny level this week. They will throw them a bone.

You might be right, but I doubt it.

If the kid has any sense, he will want to play on television on a team that has a chance to win, for a coach with an actual track record.

Lots of schools can offer the same money and better situations than Syracuse.

Also, a Zoom meeting? That's kind of a kiss off. Let me know when he makes an actual visit to the campus.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter.

I feel like they have to get Mintz back to have a shot. As much as this is about NIL, Dickinson still probably wants to go somewhere with a chance of winning, and that roster is pretty rough without Mintz. He’d really be counting on big improvements from everyone.

The Cuse version of what happened with Edwards is they agreed on a number and he was coming back. Then his dad got a bigger number from some team, which the Cuse met. Then his dad came back with a 3rd number and Cuse said good luck because they thought he wasn’t worth it. So they have money, but you know Dickinson‘s number has to be even higher still.

Reaction Score
They might be pissed right now about NIL but in the end I think that’s the only thing that will save them.
I’m sure there are others near the program with big bucks.

Reaction Score
If the kid has any sense, he will want to play on television on a team that has a chance to win, for a coach with an actual track record.

I don't know about that. Granted I don't know the kid but he presents as a pretty huge feminine hygiene product and he seems fairly transparent about chasing the biggest offer. I get that they're looking for any kind of juice they can get but I'm not wild about Dickinson. (Now that I've said that he'll be Carmelo 2.0.)

Reaction Score
Anybody watch Michigan this year? He was pretty unimpressive. Should have entered the draft 3 years ago when his stock was at its highest. Overrated player

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Syracuse will almost assuredly right the ship with a good hire, whether it's the new guy or his successor.

The thing that puts a smile on my face is that for all of their bluster, they know deep down were better than them and it's inarguable. Tough pill to swallow after having a head start and being tied in titles 20 years ago.

5 > 1
Kevin Ollie and Dan Hurley each have the same amount of NC’s as Boeheim does in a fraction of the time COMBINED

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure why people here are so obsessed with Cuse. They’ve been so irrelevant for so long and we’re still winning championships. Don’t know why we waste time on this? I feel like this whole thread is just bad mojo. If I remember correctly Cuse fans were dancing on our graves when we were at rock bottom in the AAC. How’s that looking now? Let’s just let them sit in mediocrity. Imagine how much worse it would be for Cuse fans to realize they’re so irrelevant that even UConn doesn’t think about them anymore. I know this won’t happen, but a guy can dream, right?
So, just curious, what about the name of this thread confused you into clicking on it, and reading it against your will?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cuse is an nonfactor. Has been for a while. I don't need to see it on the boneyard anymore, until they're more relevant at least.
You know there’s and “ignore thread, function”, right?

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Not sure why people here are so obsessed with Cuse. They’ve been so irrelevant for so long and we’re still winning championships. Don’t know why we waste time on this? I feel like this whole thread is just bad mojo. If I remember correctly Cuse fans were dancing on our graves when we were at rock bottom in the AAC. How’s that looking now? Let’s just let them sit in mediocrity. Imagine how much worse it would be for Cuse fans to realize they’re so irrelevant that even UConn doesn’t think about them anymore. I know this won’t happen, but a guy can dream, right?
Venomous Cuse loathing has been a joyous past-time for Husky fans going back AT LEAST to the mid to late '60's, from personal knowledge. Why, I'm not quite sure. I'll reach out to some old friends/players for enlightenment. A quess...jealousy, they were the big kid on the block.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
funny thing is that with the current state of the ACC, I am pretty sure a big 3 of mintz, starling and dickinson would be the second best big 3 in the conference

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
funny thing is that with the current state of the ACC, I am pretty sure a big 3 of mintz, starling and dickinson would be the second best big 3 in the conference
Crazy but very possibly true. But Miami and UNC might have a word on that before the end of the summer.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
it very well might be. I would still put Duke and Miami above them, especially if Isiah Wong returns. Miami's offense is damn good.

As for North Carolina, I don't what to think of them at this point.

Reaction Score
God their board is depressing. Everything is about NIL/bags of money, like this is all that matters. Makes me really appreciate Hurley and UConn administration, even though everything isn’t perfect across athletic programs now.

Might be a good time to try and schedule recurring games, but wouldn’t do just basketball as it won’t help us and may hurt our rankings given state of their program. But if we could leverage basketball with football, and men’s and women’s soccer and lacrosse, might make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom