Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I responded to a thread which was bashing Hurley by politely mentioning that the UConn players appear to love DH because he has their backs and does not disrespect them in public, unlike another coach we all know. I was very careful not to be too inflammatory. I have now been banned, kind of a badge of honor.

Reaction Score
I believe that Syracuse basketball will never be relevant because of the climate in Syracuse, NY. Its like living in the bottom of flushing toilet.

Reaction Score
At one time SU was the destination for NYC's top players. That simply is not true any more. UConn is one of the big reasons. That's why they don't like us.

At one time the Dome was the most iconic basketball facility in the country. The place rocked. That is not true any more. Hasn't been in a long time.

At one time, the Orange were knocking on the door of becoming a blue blood. They are now further away from that status as they were before the Big East.

The climate doesn't help. But it is not the reason they have moved to the second or third tier of relevance. Could they reappear on the national scene? First, they would need to establish themselves in their new conference. Currently they are an afterthought in the ACC.

I've had many friends and co-workers who went to SU. When it comes to basketball, the light is out in their eyes. Nothing is impossible. The road back will be difficult. But no one seems to care all that much.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I haven't seen either UConn's or the State of CT's books, but a university basketball or football program that achieves and maintains excellence, is a revenue force multiplier. They wont have to look hard to find money.
Not when the budget is printed in red

Reaction Score
Again, Geno retires, we give his $3 million per year to Hurley to bump him to $6 million per year, and pay the new women's coach, Sue Bird, Taurasi or whomever, the average salary for a top women's coach which is $750k to $1 million per year and everyone's happy. Problem solved. Hurley would have no reason to leave.
This is just stupid

Reaction Score
At one time SU was the destination for NYC's top players. That simply is not true any more. UConn is one of the big reasons. That's why they don't like us.

At one time the Dome was the most iconic basketball facility in the country. The place rocked. That is not true any more. Hasn't been in a long time.

At one time, the Orange were knocking on the door of becoming a blue blood. They are now further away from that status as they were before the Big East.

The climate doesn't help. But it is not the reason they have moved to the second or third tier of relevance. Could they reappear on the national scene? First, they would need to establish themselves in their new conference. Currently they are an afterthought in the ACC.

I've had many friends and co-workers who went to SU. When it comes to basketball, the light is out in their eyes. Nothing is impossible. The road back will be difficult. But no one seems to care all that much.
Well, now that a few people have mentioned it - I live in CNY, so let me put to rest any notion that the weather is significantly different than it is CT. It really isn't. Sure, it does snow more, on average. But not always. Was born in CT and lived there for 18"+ years and the idea that its tougher to deal with winter in CNY or that it is significantly harder than CT is more nonsense than truth.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well, now that a few people have mentioned it - I live in CNY, so let me put to rest any notion that the weather is significantly different than it is CT. It really isn't. Sure, it does snow more, on average. But not always. Was born in CT and lived there for 18"+ years and the idea that its tougher to deal with winter in CNY or that it is significantly harder than CT is more nonsense than truth.
You know how I know you are full of it. Your body reflectively put inches after the number 18, probably because everytime you write 18 it is in the context of "we only got 18" of snow".

Reaction Score
This is just stupid
Care to elaborate? Going to take wild guess and say you primarily post on the Women's Board? How is anything I said stupid? Top Men's coaches earn $5-6 million per year and top Women's coaches earn $750k to $1 million.

Reaction Score
There are no teams to root for in the Final Four.

I can't root for UCONN (not because of Hurley) because if they win it just further cements their status as the best 1 or 2 programs of my adult life, and puts us further behind in stature and ahead in incessant, jealous, whining. If I take off my orange glasses their style is the most enjoyable to watch as they play both ends and execute at a high level...but its UCONN.

Newhouser

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I can't root for UCONN (not because of Hurley) because if they win it just further cements their status as the best 1 or 2 programs of my adult life, and puts us further behind in stature and ahead in incessant, jealous, whining. If I take off my orange glasses their style is the most enjoyable to watch as they play both ends and execute at a high level...but its UCONN.

Newhouser

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He appears to be far too intelligent and realistic to be a Syracuse fan. We should offer him a seat on our bandwagon to release him from his current hell.

Reaction Score

Newhouser

Wow a self-aware Syracuse fan

Stick around man you’re basically a unicorn

Reaction Score
To my knowledge there's no "lake effect" snow in CT but there sure is in Central NY. Nasty way to start your day every day until the lakes freeze over for those who haven't lived there.

Reaction Score
To my knowledge there's no "lake effect" snow in CT but there sure is in Central NY. Nasty way to start your day every day until the lakes freeze over for those who haven't lived there.
I suspect HuskyBaggins was on the lucky side of a small sample size during the short time he lived there.

My brother went to college in Rochester and my son in Oneonta. I would be perfectly happy to never again travel to that region; it is a cold, depressing pisshole.

Baseball Hall of Fame is cool, though.

Reaction Score
I was born and raised in Waterbury Uconn 71 (wife Stamford Uconn 74). We moved to CNY in 1989. I have been an avid Huskies fan since 1959. We enjoy both men and women's teams and follow them closely. We resisted a strong temptation to placing a large sign on the end of a barn that read SUxks. We try to get along.

That being said the attitude that SU's problem is the weather misses the point. Boeheim staying 15 years to long is the cause. I personally wish he would have stayed forever but we always get what we want. Leaving the Big East accelerated their decline as the league is NC dominant and always will be.

Uconn is a blue blood which will be cemented with our victory on Monday night. Go Huskies!!!!! SUxks forever!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah, ok, tell us more about a thing you know nothing about. First, Lake Ontario does not ever freeze over. And "lake effect" is the only reason CNY gets more snow than CT, though even then, like I said NOT ALWAYS. Winter was a breeze in CNY this year. Certainly not at all different than CT.

Sure, some years there's a decent amount of lake effect snow. And ? Wah. Especially for a college kid, in this case living on campus in Syracuse. Almost identical to the weather in Storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom