October Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Could someone with IG knowledge look at both Kiki Rice and A Patterson Instagram stories. Would like to your interpretation. Sorry I do not know how to get images from the posts.
Someone's dropping by soon
Screenshot_20211010-210038~2.png
Screenshot_20211010-204826~2.png

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20211011-220134~2.png
Update on Blanca Thomas CD started following her around Sept. I think. Geno took a trip to evaluate for himself. The two top offers on her plate currently are Oregon and Marq.
Couldn't get the article it's paid.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
View attachment 70279
Update on Blanca Thomas CD started following her around Sept. I think. Geno took a trip to evaluate for himself. The two top offers on her plate currently are Oregon and Marq.
Couldn't get the article it's paid.
The title is definitely banking on people clicking for the Geno factor — very little about the connection and not until the end of the article.

“Colleges are already lining up. Schools like Georgia, Louisville, N.C. State and North Carolina have offered. UConn coach Geno Auriemma, who has won 11 women’s national championships, brought several assistants to Charlotte last week to watch Thomas practice.

“I was nervous,” Thomas said. “I’m not going to lie. That was probably the most coaches we’ve had at a practice.””

I pass Charlotte Catholic on my way to and from work every day. I’m shocked and appalled Geno didn’t reach out to me. The alumni office sure knows I live in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn hosted five players from AAU LadyStrong 2024 on Monday. UConn also watched said AAU squad back in August. More on who was there in the next post.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The five 2024 Lady Strong players who visited Storrs Sunday are:

Serenity McNair, Sarah Strong, Emerson Thompson, Toni Hughes, Halsi Whitley

At least the first three are all highly acclaimed, especially Strong.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong is ESPN's 5th ranked player for 2024. She's a 6-2 forward.

Sarah Strong (Strong Center, F, 2024) can do it all on the basketball court. She can post up on the block, go after rebounds, and she can handle the ball away from the basket. She has her way anywhere in the paint, and she has a great IQ knowing exactly where to move her body to be effective. She even had a nice tap back on offense showing how quick she can make her good decisions.

Her scoring isn’t only limited to the block as she can shoot from behind the arc. She can score three points the old fashioned way fighting through contact. She sees the floor well looking for her guards who are relocating after they give her the pass. She finished with 32 points.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong 2024 | Fuquay Varina High School

Sarah was arguably the best player in the gym, regardless of class, regardless of position. What set her apart the most was not her dynamic footwork in the post, or her ability to take her defender to the hoop at will, or that she can play just about every position effectively; it was her IQ. She knows the game like she’s been playing her entire life. Her decision making and overall knowledge of the game was indisputable.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong 2024 | Fuquay Varina High School

A complete player in every sense of the word, Sarah was refreshing to watch. On championship day, she played primarily in the high and low post and she dominated. Her ability to think quickly and create for herself was remarkable. She also dominated the boards and delivered some great passes. She understands the game and knows how to make things happen.

Emerson Thompson 2024 | Falls Lake Academy

Most shooters don’t play hardcore defense. We all know why. They are trying to save their legs for the offensive end. Well, no one shared this information with Emerson. She plays tough and gritty on defense, never backing down from a challenge or shying away to give a little contact. On offense, she could shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, knocking down some beautiful three-pointers with a hand in her face.

Serenity McNair 2024 | Greenfield School

A strong floor leader, Serenity was the pulse of her team. She is a great facilitator, making some great decisions and keeping the pace of her team’s offense where it should be. She has great court vision and always got the ball where it needed to go. Serenity can also score, taking defenders off the dribble to the rim and sinking some deep shots when left open.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong is the headliner for Strong Center 2024, and rightfully so at 6’2 with national rankings mentioning you regularly. Strong is a beast, and while her size and skill combination is celebrated, it’s her passing that at times deserves the most praise. You’d be hard pressed to find a better passer at her size, and she drops a bag of dimes off every game. But beyond her, we need to take time to commend the development of some of the other youngsters on this team.

Emerson Thompson has always impressed as scoring option at the guard spot who is also fun to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's a Lady Strong game highlight package from just last week.

Strong: #21
McNair: #2
Thompson: #9
Whitley: #22
Hughes: #35

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Before we all hang our heads in defeat, let me just point out that these two guys know no more than the BY does when it comes to Rice. In fact, they probably know less. The moderator admits several times to information on Rice’s recruitment being, “foggy.” He also doesn’t know the 3rd school she has visited. One of the reasons for this is that unlike some HS recruits, Rice doesn’t post everything she does on Twitter & Instagram.

Finally, he makes the case for Rice to Stanford based on all the young guards at UConn, and goes on to list Paige, Azzi & Caroline. What he fails to mention, and perhaps isn’t aware of, is that Stanford’s incoming freshman class includes 4 guards, and they’re all pretty good.

I’m not giving up on Rice to UConn just yet, and I strongly suspect that Geno hasn’t given up yet either.

FWIW, only one of our incoming recruits is anything like the type of guard role Kiki would fill (i.e., the 1 or 2) - Jzaniya Harriel. Bosgana is a 6'2" shooting guard / small forward, Brooke Demetre is a 6'3" wing, and Kiki Iriafen is a 6'3" forward. None of the latter three are anticipated to take on any point-type duties. With Wilson moving on after this year, grad transfer Jordan Hamilton on a one-year stint, and point-forward Haley Jones to enter her senior season in fall of 2022, we perceive a huge opening at PG should Kiki want it. It's basically her or Van Gytenbeek, unless Jenna Brown comes back from injury a whole new player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FWIW, only one of our incoming recruits is anything like the type of guard role Kiki would fill (i.e., the 1 or 2) - Jzaniya Harriel. Bosgana is a 6'2" shooting guard / small forward, Brooke Demetre is a 6'3" wing, and Kiki Iriafen is a 6'3" forward. None of the latter three are anticipated to take on any point-type duties. With Wilson moving on after this year, grad transfer Jordan Hamilton on a one-year stint, and point-forward Haley Jones to enter her senior season in fall of 2022, we perceive a huge opening at PG should Kiki want it. It's basically her or Van Gytenbeek, unless Jenna Brown comes back from injury a whole new player.
Your reference to Jones as a point forward is accurate and telling. Of the incoming class Bosgana is the sleeper in the group. She reminds me of a 6’2” Nika Muhl. Bosgana plays hard all the time. The lefty can shoot it, take it to the rim and she’s an exceptional passer. I would not rule out the possibility that she could end up at pg or pf in Tara’s offense.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
The title is definitely banking on people clicking for the Geno factor — very little about the connection and not until the end of the article.

“Colleges are already lining up. Schools like Georgia, Louisville, N.C. State and North Carolina have offered. UConn coach Geno Auriemma, who has won 11 women’s national championships, brought several assistants to Charlotte last week to watch Thomas practice.

“I was nervous,” Thomas said. “I’m not going to lie. That was probably the most coaches we’ve had at a practice.””

I pass Charlotte Catholic on my way to and from work every day. I’m shocked and appalled Geno didn’t reach out to me. The alumni office sure knows I live in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:
What was he thinking Thanks for article.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score

Update and correction on my post: should have said recent offers from Oregon and Marq.She has P5 school offers repping B1G, SEC,ACC, PAC so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom