October Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The title is definitely banking on people clicking for the Geno factor — very little about the connection and not until the end of the article.

“Colleges are already lining up. Schools like Georgia, Louisville, N.C. State and North Carolina have offered. UConn coach Geno Auriemma, who has won 11 women’s national championships, brought several assistants to Charlotte last week to watch Thomas practice.

“I was nervous,” Thomas said. “I’m not going to lie. That was probably the most coaches we’ve had at a practice.””

I pass Charlotte Catholic on my way to and from work every day. I’m shocked and appalled Geno didn’t reach out to me. The alumni office sure knows I live in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:
:DMaybe you should try reaching out to him? Thomas is big but based on the posted highlights she does not much skill outside of the paint. Your thoughts?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What the h%#&#%$l! Looks like UCONN (former?) POI Aalyah Del Rosario has move firmly into enemy territory as in Knoxville, TN. Both her twitter and ESPN have her attending something the Webb School in Knoxville, TN. Looks like a very nice schools but there are plenty of nice private schools in New England that would have been able to hook her up.
Issa Rae Molly GIF by Insecure on HBO

Reaction Score
What the h%#&#%$l! Looks like UCONN (former?) POI Aalyah Del Rosario has move firmly into enemy territory as in Knoxville, TN. Both her twitter and ESPN have her attending something the Webb School in Knoxville, TN. Looks like a very nice schools but there are plenty of nice private schools in New England that would have been able to hook her up.
I'm not crazy about that development either - though it would be fun to snatch one out of their frant yard. Probably cause an NCAA investigation. ;)

Reaction Score

Vol Board is saying NASHVILLE - not Knoxville

Reaction Score
Seems to me like over time interest in Aalyah faded as it grew for Toomey and Cunningham and that she was more a former POI than a current one.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
:DMaybe you should try reaching out to him? Thomas is big but based on the posted highlights she does not much skill outside of the paint. Your thoughts?
From the video I've seen (which isn't as much as Sluconn, admittedly), I think that she's a traditional, big body post that will have to learn a mid-range game in college if she wants to play professionally. She'd be a Dolson style of project (sans the conditioning piece), but I think the base talent is there.

Charlotte Catholic plays at my school in early December -- I'll put it on my calendar and report back. However, I'm fairly certain our tallest players aren't even 6'.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mooresville, N.C.- This was the second rendition of the Carolina Oktober Fest presented by Carolina Girl’s Hoops Report.

MVP

Sarah Strong 6’2 Forward Strong Center 2024

The best way to describe Sarah at the Oktoberfest was she was the MVP. She did not disappoint, showing everyone why she is considered one of the nation’s top prospects in her class. Strong carried her team to a 4-0 record verse stellar competition. As the competition stiffened, she rose to the occasion. The point forward, loved throwing outlet passes and assisting to teammates. But don’t get it twisted she is a walking bucket that can get a triple double every time she touches the floor.

Emerson Thompson 5’9 G Strong Center 2024

While not yet a household name it should be a crime that Thompson does not hold a D1 scholarship offer yet. She is the ying to Strong’s yang. She is a three-level scorer that contributes to every aspect of her team winning. Efficient scorer that plays within the system, but when needed shows the ability to go one on one. She plays even bigger than her listed size and shows the ability to play all three perimeter positions.

#2 Serenity McNair 5’5 PG Strong Center 2024

While she may not be the first player you recognize in the team photo, she may be one of the most important in the photo. She scores, she defends, she makes wining plays all within the limitations of making everyone else look good around her. I saw her last spring, last summer and now this fall she has a combine record of 13-0 verses very strong competition.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From the video I've seen (which isn't as much as Sluconn, admittedly), I think that she's a traditional, big body post that will have to learn a mid-range game in college if she wants to play professionally. She'd be a Dolson style of project (sans the conditioning piece), but I think the base talent is there.

Charlotte Catholic plays at my school in early December -- I'll put it on my calendar and report back. However, I'm fairly certain our tallest players aren't even 6'.
That kind of matches my assessment as well. She is also very young-in her Sophomore year of HS.
Hopefully there are some high level AAU programs in her vicinity which can offer her some higher level of competition and accelerate her development.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems to me like over time interest in Aalyah faded as it grew for Toomey and Cunningham and that she was more a former POI than a current one.
I can definitely see interest in Aalyah fading because Cunningham has been blowing up both in AAU and for USA basketball. Interest in Toomey should be not be a part of that because she is a different type of player. ESPN is listing Toomey as a post player and I have been lobbying for them to change this. Toomey has great post moves but she is going to play all over the floor for UCONN and maybe handle the ball a little bit because she is a terrific passer and was a PG just prior to a late growth spurt.
Her talent level is not like Stewie ( few are) but at 6'4" she can be Bella Allaire ( USA Basketball 3 X 3 version) like.

Reaction Score
I can definitely see interest in Aalyah fading because Cunningham has been blowing up both in AAU and for USA basketball. Interest in Toomey should be not be a part of that because she is a different type of player. ESPN is listing Toomey as a post player and I have been lobbying for them to change this. Toomey has great post moves but she is going to play all over the floor for UCONN and maybe handle the ball a little bit because she is a terrific passer and was a PG just prior to a late growth spurt.
Her talent level is not like Stewie ( few are) but at 6'4" she can be Bella Allaire ( USA Basketball 3 X 3 version) like.

She reminds me of Paige. Lol I crack myself up hehehe

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I read earlier this year on the BY that Del Rosario had been passed by other players and was outplayed by some other bigs in some tournament.

Reaction Score
I read earlier this year on the BY that Del Rosario had been passed by other players and was outplayed by some other bigs in some tournament.
Well hoopgurlz previously had her and Brazilian born Letycia Vasconcelos in the top ten. They have dropped together

13​
Aalyah Del Rosario
96​
NoneP6-5The Webb School
14​
Letycia Vasconcelos
96​
NoneP6-7Holy Spirit School (GA)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Because her game didn't develop. It seems she didn't work on her footwork, her conditioning, her shot outside of 4 feet, or her motor. For someone her size where were the moments of domination, her drive, her want to be? When I saw her at the U's she barely played, and that for a marginally talented team. Hopefully she'll go somewhere like Texas or LSU where Vic or Kim will light a fire under her. Not UT.

Reaction Score
I need to do more research on the Webb School. They seem to have some success in recruiting Canadians. They had a couple Canadians on their roster last year and have picked up 2 more 2023 prospects.

I suspect Webb has a direct connection to the coach responsible for Become One's AAU program, based on the players who have gone there (past and present). He is (or was) also the primary coach for T'yanna Todd who is now a IMG after being at Royal Crown for the last two. It's interesting that she didn't follow the other players and go to Webb too.

Reaction Score
Is UConn down to Kiki Rice for 2021?

Or, are there 2021 fallbacks like T'yanna Todd?

Reaction Score
Insulting to T’yanna Todd.
Is it?

I applied to Emory as my dream law school with a recognition that I would probably not make the grades because my undergrad GPA had been dragged down by my first couple of years of partying and playing around.
I got "wait-listed.' I did not feel one bit insulted and did not hide the wait from anyone. Indeed, I still consider the wait-listing as significant recognition of my potential (even though I ended up telling then to remove me when I chose to attend elsewhere)

UConn is the gold-standard of wbb -the equivalent of a Harvard/Yale/Stanford law school. To be considered by Geno would be an honor even if you are behind the nation's number one recruit. Todd has listed UConn in her group of finalists. Thus, I assume that Geno has some interest. That's a pretty good compliment to her potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom