October Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Insulting to T’yanna Todd.
Perhaps but not by much. Further along it appeared we were looking at three options that had to be considered collectively. What I mean by that is playing time wasn't a given for any of Rice, Bradford or Todd. Todd probably knows two things, first if Rice signs Uconn is probably no longer interested in Todd (same would have been true for Bradford), and second that she is the third option that only becomes a viable option if Rice goes elsewhere.

Kiki and KK had the same issue. I think Uconn wanted one of them but not both. KK may have lost interest in us or visa versa as we went hard after Rice. Players and coaches face these difficult situations all the time. If you are a recruit in say the 15-30 range nationally do you want to accept a Uconn offer if they are still pursuing a top 5 talent at your position? Maybe not.

On the other hand if you have a potential chance to be part of the Uconn program as a likely backup, are you willing to wait out other top recruits decisions and see if they are still interested in you when others turn them down. Some are willing to wait and take their chances, maybe Todd is one of those, and perhaps Bradford said screw this, I'm not going to wait around for Rice to decide, I'm moving on.

It is what it is, difficult for players and coaches, but many players decisions are highly dependent on what other prospects decide.

Reaction Score
Is UConn down to Kiki Rice for 2021?

Or, are there 2021 fallbacks like T'yanna Todd?
I've noted this in an earlier post that it looks like Todd has reclassified as a 2023 when she made the transfer to IMG. I don't know if she's a fallback 2022 at the moment.

I applied to Emory as my dream law school with a recognition that I would probably not make the grades because my undergrad GPA had been dragged down by my first couple of years of partying and playing around.
I got "wait-listed.' I did not feel one bit insulted and did not hide the wait from anyone. Indeed, I still consider the wait-listing as significant recognition of my potential (even though I ended up telling then to remove me when I chose to attend elsewhere)

UConn is the gold-standard of wbb -the equivalent of a Harvard/Yale/Stanford law school. To be considered by Geno would be an honor even if you are behind the nation's number one recruit. Todd has listed UConn in her group of finalists. Thus, I assume that Geno has some interest. That's a pretty good compliment to her potential.
Not sure how accurate this is at the moment either. Todd has deleted the top 5 post she had on both her Twitter and IG accounts.

Something odd happened this past summer in her case. I'm not sure if she had a fallout with her AAU coach, who has been her primary trainer, but something definitely happened. The move the IMG instead of staying with Royal Crown seems peculiar to me, especially if the 5 she had as finalists were still in play.

Georgia and Mississippi State seemed like logical fits. Louisville may have been a stretch based on bench depth and Syracuse seemed feasible until the Hillsman situation happened.

Time will tell as she gets going at IMG.

Edit Re Georgia - one of her AAU team mates Tineya Hylton committed to Georgia earlier this year. I was under the impression they were looking to be a package deal. Hylton is another player who worked with the same coach as Todd for years and was part of Royal Crown last year. She is also not listed on their roster for this season, which further fuels my suspicions that something broke down this past summer.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is it?

I applied to Emory as my dream law school with a recognition that I would probably not make the grades because my undergrad GPA had been dragged down by my first couple of years of partying and playing around.
I got "wait-listed.' I did not feel one bit insulted and did not hide the wait from anyone. Indeed, I still consider the wait-listing as significant recognition of my potential (even though I ended up telling then to remove me when I chose to attend elsewhere)

UConn is the gold-standard of wbb -the equivalent of a Harvard/Yale/Stanford law school. To be considered by Geno would be an honor even if you are behind the nation's number one recruit. Todd has listed UConn in her group of finalists. Thus, I assume that Geno has some interest. That's a pretty good compliment to her potential.
When you get a chance please spread the word especially the bonded part as it concerns former player Autumn Chaisson. I believe Todd has reclassified and is now listed as class of 2023.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Rare talent at any age. I've been Biggin up Olson for quite a while now. IMO Olson is the best combo guard inclusive of '22-'24 classes with Mikaylah Williams running second.
Wow, that's quite an endorsement. It did appear to me that Olson was playing well within herself at the recent FIBA U16 tournament. It seemed she could have done much more but deferred to her "older" teammates.

Reaction Score
In past years, there were several top international recruits. Has Covid eliminated Geno's travel?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In past years, there were several top international recruits. Has Covid eliminated Geno's travel?
COVID restricted everyone’s travel (domestic and international) not just Geno’s. The NCAA restriction on in person recruiting was not lifted until July. The October recruiting thread recently had UCONN being linked to a 6’4” German forward. I hope UCONN is still interested in Jocyte because @MilfordHusky is right she a potential program changer for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom