Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
In the end, Wagner has to figure out what she wants and what will make her happy. She's taken plenty of unofficial visits that I recall (Baylor, A&M, USC, Arizona, Oregon, Texas, etc.), so it's not like she committed to Texas on a whim.

While she has less than 4 months before the November signing period, if she's still confused after all these years of making college visits, she'd be smart not to sign in November and wait until April 2023 to sign her LOI.

Reaction Score
04AD58DE-A905-4DA3-869A-9692E018B939.jpeg

Hannah Hidalgo (#5 in 2023) posted on her Instagram story that she will be announcing her top 6 on August 1. She’s visited Ohio St and Pitt, not sure of other schools she might be considering

Reaction Score
In the end, Wagner has to figure out what she wants and what will make her happy. She's taken plenty of unofficial visits that I recall (Baylor, A&M, USC, Arizona, Oregon, Texas, etc.), so it's not like she committed to Texas on a whim.

While she has less than 4 months before the November signing period, if she's still confused after all these years of making college visits, she'd be smart not to sign in November and wait until April 2023 to sign her LOI.
Seems odd to me, she committed in March and its July. Not sure what changed exactly. Some kids are just extremely unsure I guess.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Seems odd to me, she committed in March and its July. Not sure what changed exactly. Some kids are just extremely unsure I guess.
Tough to tell. Texas did lose 3 assistant coaches to promotions since late March. But, don't think that was a factor.

Perhaps she made a recent visit to Texas and watched some of the practice and conditioning drills and that opened her eyes to the intensity, and the athleticism of her future teammates. Perhaps she didn't see her place on the depth chart.

The fact that she just started following AggieWBB account on Instagram tells me she's been making eyes at other schools (for whatever reason).

Reaction Score
I'm sure Mulkey was a huge reason why she committed to Baylor way back; but, her Dad did play football at Baylor, so I'm sure that played a role, as well.

Wagner did recently start following AggieWBB Instagram account. Her Mom did swim at A&M, so that could be an option for her.
Yes, Kim had been recruiting Sammie for a long time and she committed to Baylor as an eighth grader. I think she decommitted just a day or two after it was announced Kim was leaving. I am sure Kim leaving was a major shock and she made a very quick decision to decommit.

Word is that Nicki spoke with her after she was hired but Sammie was no longer interested in Baylor. Hopefully she finds a team that will be a good fit for her. I could see A&M. I have heard she would like to stay in Texas.

Reaction Score
View attachment 77851
Hannah Hidalgo (#5 in 2023) posted on her Instagram story that she will be announcing her top 6 on August 1. She’s visited Ohio St and Pitt, not sure of other schools she might be considering
A while back I read it mentioned that she was interested in Stanford and Rutgers. Then there's plenty chatter that Notre Dame is in the mix. I'm crossing my fingers for Stanford as they have had many near misses on several point guards over the year.

Reaction Score
I totally agree. Her decommitting immediately after Kim left and quickly committing to Texas was definitely a knee jerk decision. I also hope she does take some time to make this decision.

Having to decommit a a third time would not be the best look for her.

I would not be surprised if she went to LSU but I think she will stay in Texas. I have heard she is extremely close to her family and wants them to be able to easily come to her games.
Baton rouge is literally a 2 hr Drive if that from where she lives. College station and austin are about the same if not further lol Texas is a BIG STATE yall lol

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Baton rouge is literally a 2 hr Drive if that from where she lives. College station and austin are about the same if not further lol Texas is a BIG STATE yall lol
The drive from San Antonio to Baton Rouge is 475 miles. So, that's about 7 hours.

San Antonio to Austin is a 1 hour drive. To College Station like a 2.5 hour drive.

Reaction Score
The drive from San Antonio to Baton Rouge is 475 miles. So, that's about 7 hours.

San Antonio to Austin is a 1 hour drive. To College Station like a 2.5 hour drive.
Ahhh shes relocated to SA ? I was not aware thought she was still in flower mound .

Reaction Score
Ahhh shes relocated to SA ? I was not aware thought she was still in flower mound .
You're getting her confused with Lauren Cox's little sister Maddie, who is one of Sammie's besties.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Is Kim after Maddie as well? Is she on par with her sister talent wise?

Reaction Score
Is Kim after Maddie as well? Is she on par with her sister talent wise?
Yes

As talented as Lauren? No but she’s pretty good in her own right. Different type of players

She is getting a lot more looks after having a strong summer showing.

Reaction Score

Laila Reynolds (#37 in 2023) has announced her top 4

Honestly that is the first time I’ve seen her name in regards to Mississippi State. However she looks to have great size and skill set. Mississippi State has to replace a lot of guards after next season and I’ve seen several 6-0 to 6-1 guards on the radar.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Yes

As talented as Lauren? No but she’s pretty good in her own right. Different type of players

She is getting a lot more looks after having a strong summer showing.
We’ll take her!

Reaction Score

Hannah Hidalgo announces her top 6 (#5 in 2023)

Most of those were expected but impressive job by Messer to break into that final group for her though I don't expect she will choose UCF.

Reaction Score
Most of those were expected but impressive job by Messer to break into that final group for her though I don't expect she will choose UCF.
I understand ND, Stanford, Duke and even Michigan to a certain extent, but surprised to see UCF and Ohio State?

Reaction Score
I understand ND, Stanford, Duke and even Michigan to a certain extent, but surprised to see UCF and Ohio State?
Ohio State never surprised me as she visited them multiple times and seems to have a good relationship with McGuff.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ohio State never surprised me as she visited them multiple times and seems to have a good relationship with McGuff.
McGuff has a track record of attracting speedy guards (Rikki Harris, Madison Greene) and/or guards from metro areas. Now, the ones from the latter (see Kateri Poole) often leave, but Greene and Harris are still there, alongside Mikesell and Jacy Sheldon. Kim Barnes-Arrico, with her Long Island-Jersey ties, could also be a factor here.

As an ND fan, I could get excited seeing her learn from and possibly play next to Olivia Miles for a year or two. As the former Knick announcer Marv Albert might say, "racehorse basketball!" :D:) Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom