Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, speaking of Duke, what are your realistic expectations for the Blue Devils this year. I like Kara and have been pulling for her since day one. You guys have an incoming freshman that I'm following, Ashlon Jackson that I think is going to have a better than average career at Duke. She's a well spoken leader that will age and mature gracefully under Kara. I can this being HER TEAM her senior year
Well you did say realistic. Absolute floor is 6th in the ACC... ceiling is 3rd place. NCAA tournament appearance. If the press clippings and thoughts of various fans turn out to be legit... she will be in the starting line-up as a freshman... maybe on opening day.

Reaction Score

Amari Whiting to BYU, following mom who was recently named the head coach. Whiting was committed to Oregon

Didn't think she would make the change based on some articles published once her mother was hired.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
This seems super early for a 2025 recruit to announce a verbal commitment to Stanford. I thought (in most sports) that Stanford first had to approve admission/acceptance before such a commitment announcement.

Different Stanford sports handle commitments in different ways. The oddball "committed to the admissions process" wording is something volleyball and beach volleyball have started using recently. I don't think any others use it. WBB used to strongly discourage early announcements of commitment, but that changed a few years ago.

Some people in some sports do wait to announce until they are admitted.

Reaction Score
espnW HoopGurlz #23 Sammie Wagner, who was once committed to Baylor and Kim Mulkey, has decommitted from Texas:

Didn’t think Texas was a great fit for her defensively, but I’ll be interested to see where she lands.

Reaction Score
espnW HoopGurlz #23 Sammie Wagner, who was once committed to Baylor and Kim Mulkey, has decommitted from Texas:

Didn’t think Texas was a great fit for her defensively, but I’ll be interested to see where she lands.

her 2nd decomitt , first Baylor now Texas....This has LSU written all over it Mulkey doing some prying i see still in the big 12

Reaction Score
her 2nd decomitt , first Baylor now Texas....This has LSU written all over it Mulkey doing some prying i see still in the big 12
She hasn’t even visited LSU but her and Kim go all the way back to when she was much younger going to her camps. Don’t think she wants to come to Baton Rouge

I was told she wanted to stay in state or close near family. Watch for A&M and Arizona

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She hasn’t even visited LSU but her and Kim go all the way back to when she was much younger going to her camps. Don’t think she wants to come to Baton Rouge

I was told she wanted to stay in state or close near family. Watch for A&M and Arizona
Also, if she's struggling to see a fit, it's better she goes with her gut now versus realizing it later.

Reaction Score

Not surprising really. She dropped Baylor and quickly committed to Texas. Obviously it was a knee jerk reaction to Mulkey leaving. Now hopefully she can carefully do her dudiligence and find the best place for herself.

Reaction Score
Not surprising really. She dropped Baylor and quickly committed to Texas. Obviously it was a knee jerk reaction to Mulkey leaving. Now hopefully she can carefully do her dudiligence and find the best place for herself.
I totally agree. Her decommitting immediately after Kim left and quickly committing to Texas was definitely a knee jerk decision. I also hope she does take some time to make this decision.

Having to decommit a a third time would not be the best look for her.

I would not be surprised if she went to LSU but I think she will stay in Texas. I have heard she is extremely close to her family and wants them to be able to easily come to her games.

Reaction Score
Having to decommit a a third time would not be the best look for her.
I guess its not nearly as bad as what Esmery Martinez did. Sign with a school then back out of it weeks before arriving to campus (she did it twice).

It did seem a bit quick. I am not in the know or anything about Sammie but I figured she would take her time more after the coaching change. See what Collens at Baylor has to offer (Wasn't on original list). Seems like a lot of moving pieces going on making a quick decision but its her recruitment. She did go on many visits last fall to be fair.

I heard she was visiting A&M this fall. Not sure I see A&M as a exact fit but I do feel strongly she stays relatively close for school.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Wagner decommitted from Baylor in like Spring 2021. She committed to Texas in March 2022 after taking visits to several schools out west like USC, Oregon, and Arizona, IIRC. So, those posters stating it was a "knee jerk" or "immediate" reaction to Mulkey leaving are not being accurate whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Wagner decommitted from Baylor in like Spring 2021. She committed to Texas in March 2022 after taking visits to several schools out west like USC, Oregon, and Arizona, IIRC. So, those posters stating it was a "knee jerk" or "immediate" reaction to Mulkey leaving are not being accurate whatsoever.
I stand corrected. It was the quick decomitment that was the knee jerk. Regardless its game on in her recruiting journey.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure Mulkey was a huge reason why she committed to Baylor way back; but, her Dad did play football at Baylor, so I'm sure that played a role, as well.

Wagner did recently start following AggieWBB Instagram account. Her Mom did swim at A&M, so that could be an option for her.

Reaction Score
Screen-Shot-2022-07-28-at-7-43-45-PM.png

I wonder if she will consider Baylor again or if she is going off the list. She isn't going to LSU or TCU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
These were Wagner's Top 8 back in early October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom