Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Big 12/Pac 12 in softball.
Nope. Adding Oklahoma is going to cause a huge shift in power, but the SEC as is has not performed well AT ALL the last 2 post seasons, disastrous I would say.

Reaction Score
Nope. Adding Oklahoma is going to cause a huge shift in power, but the SEC as is has not performed well AT ALL the last 2 post seasons, disastrous I would say.
With the exception of Florida, the SEC was a disaster this year in post season. They are still behind. Alabama usually is among the best but they weren’t up to par most of the year and had their worst post season finish in over a decade.

SEC is top of the class for baseball and football but Softball has a lot of work to do to catch up. They are way behind the PAC and Big 12 in that sport as of late.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
With the exception of Florida, the SEC was a disaster this year in post season. They are still behind. Alabama usually is among the best but they weren’t up to par most of the year and had their worst post season finish in over a decade.

SEC is top of the class for baseball and football but Softball has a lot of work to do to catch up. They are way behind the PAC and Big 12 in that sport as of late.
Yes, I was only talking about softball. Baseball and football are different stories.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Lets Go Basketball GIF by LSU Tigers

yes!!!!

Reaction Score
Mulkey is cleaning up Dawn , Vic and Kellie better watch out !!!
With Kim, Dawn, and Vic coming in Kellie might want to go back to her previous coaching job.

Reaction Score
Mulkey making sure elite in-state prospects don't leave the state

That was by far one of my biggest issues with Nikki out of everything. We kept letting the best players from Louisiana leave the state. Now I know you can't always land everyone but it still was at a level that wasn't acceptable to me.

Reaction Score
With Kim, Dawn, and Vic coming in Kellie might want to go back to her previous coaching job.
Why so ? Kellie is getting the players now and also getting recruits who had NO interest to come visit and garner interest. She's the youngest of the entire bunch lol she def needs to stay where she is and continue to build.

Reaction Score
Mulkey is cleaning up Dawn , Vic and Kellie better watch out !!!
Dawn has #1 2024 player in her back yard. Also #17 2023 in her back yard as well. Those two along with #1 2021 and #5 2022 I think Dawn will sleep very well at night.

Reaction Score
Dawn has #1 2024 player in her back yard. Also #17 2023 in her back yard as well. Those two along with #1 2021 and #5 2022 I think Dawn will sleep very well at night.
I don't agree with the other posters comment. Doubtful Dawn worries about anything as they recruit so well. Tennessee is has had a terrific haul recently.

LSU is starting to get there talent wise slowly, but they are getting there. It should make conference play exciting though. This is a good thing for the SEC IMO.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
In a few years, could be that the NCAA committee is gonna have to do away with their rule of trying to purposely avoid seeding teams from the same conference in the same regional if among the Top 16 national seeds. Will be unavoidable if South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, LSU are Top 16 mainstays, and teams like Georgia, A&M, Kentucky or others join them every so often.

NCAA committees for volleyball and softball don't "avoid" those matchups. They let the chips fall where they regarding seeding, and let the chips fall where they may. And, that ensures the integrity (balance) of the brackets without having to reward/punish teams by moving them up/down a seed.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Vic might not want to go back to the SEC, the road to winning just not a lot tougher.
I think Vic loves competition. The roster he's assembled for this coming season will be his best, and still a player to land BYU's Shaylee Gonzales. And, when we join the SEC in a couple of years, if we continue to improve as a program (2 Elite 8's in Vic's first 2 seasons at Texas), and recruiting doesn't tail off, Vic will have his program humming on all cylinders.

Reaction Score
I think Vic loves competition. The roster he's assembled for this coming season will be his best, and still a player to land BYU's Shaylee Gonzales. And, when we join the SEC in a couple of years, if we continue to improve as a program (2 Elite 8's in Vic's first 2 seasons at Texas), and recruiting doesn't tail off, Vic will have his program humming on all cylinders.
Yeah. I never seen Vic with a talent pool this big. Definitely gonna be worth the watch

Reaction Score
You can't see the difference in LSU's program in this short year than where it was recently under Fargas?

If Nikki were still driving the bus, LSU would have remained subpar and M. Williams was very likely leaving the state for another school. She visited Baylor and Ole Miss more than LSU when Nikki was here.

No Angel Reese, No Alexis Morris, no etc. Playing in empty PMAC. The program was dead inside and needed new life. They had not won a NCAAT game in almost a decade until this past year as well.

Reaction Score
Not so sure that 2024 #1 is staying home. Have a strong feeling education is going to play a large role in her decision. That being said, Dawn has plenty of talent and keeps bringing it in!

Reaction Score
You can't see the difference in LSU's program in this short year than where it was recently under Fargas?

If Nikki were still driving the bus, LSU would have remained subpar and M. Williams was very likely leaving the state for another school. She visited Baylor and Ole Miss more than LSU when Nikki was here.

No Angel Reese, No Alexis Morris, no etc. Playing in empty PMAC. The program was dead inside and needed new life. They had not won a NCAAT game in almost a decade until this past year as well.
Hadn’t noticed much about them. Did then win something other than the recruiting war for Williams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom