Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Aalyah Del Rosario will visit Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agata Makurat to Vandy

Attachments

• Makurat.jpg
    Makurat.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 127

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Visited UCLA officially a few weeks; now 'Zona. That leaves Southern Cal, Oregon, and Texas.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

All social media signs have been pointing to her leaving the state of Texas for college. But, I thought Rylee Grays was enamored with NC State, not the Tar Heels. That one has to hurt if NC State staff felt the same way . . .

Reaction Score
All social media signs have been pointing to her leaving the state of Texas for college. But, I thought Rylee Grays was enamored with NC State, not the Tar Heels. That one has to hurt if NC State staff felt the same way . . .
Wow, everything I heard, had her to NC State as well! Hmmm

Reaction Score
Looks like the Boston College coaches were getting the same vibes as me.

View attachment 77052

We'll see. Her play is definitely a lot better than previous years. Definitely earned the All-Star nod. There were a few times in the fourth, she was slipping into her 1-on-1 solo habit that used to get her in trouble. Hopefully Coach Mac will help her with her decision making when she decides to do so.

Reaction Score
So far so good, but the real test will be later in semis and hopefully the finals. In all fairness, I think Canada should have been much further ahead with respect to what the scores represent.
Todd made the "Caitlin Clark-like" three point shot at the buzzer at
the end of the third quarter of USA vs Canada to bring Canada within
4 points , 57 - 53. The USA held off the Canadian comeback twice
in the fourth quarter. Per the FIBA statistics T'yana Todd was the Americas
leading scorer at 15.2 points per game, a total of 91 points in 6 games.
For reference sake Rice had 86 points, McMahon had 85 points and Brady
had 78, numbers 2 , 3 , and 4 respectively.

Reaction Score
Aalyah Del Rosario will visit Tennessee.

Interesting the contrast between Isuneh Brady and Aalyah Del Rosario at
the U 18 Americas Championships/ Championship game. Brady is ready
for the "next step up" and Del Rosario will benefit from the exra year in
H.S. Brady played 30;31 MINUTES in the final to Del Rosario's 9;29 minutes
Brady with 8 points and 15 rebounds!! Aalyah with no points and 2 rebounds.

Reaction Score
We'll see. Her play is definitely a lot better than previous years. Definitely earned the All-Star nod. There were a few times in the fourth, she was slipping into her 1-on-1 solo habit that used to get her in trouble. Hopefully Coach Mac will help her with her decision making when she decides to do so.

Her play is not perfect. Her vibes are really really up their though.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Interesting the contrast between Isuneh Brady and Aalyah Del Rosario at
the U 18 Americas Championships/ Championship game. Brady is ready
for the "next step up" and Del Rosario will benefit from the exra year in
H.S. Brady played 30;31 MINUTES in the final to Del Rosario's 9;29 minutes
Brady with 8 points and 15 rebounds!! Aalyah with no points and 2 rebounds.
Sounds like Del Rosario needs some coaching up.

Hmm, I know of a staff that's excellent at coaching up post players. :cool:

Reaction Score
Her play is not perfect. Her vibes are really really up their though.
I don't disagree however I believe she should be further ahead than where she is. Prior to entering Grade 9, I would have had her ahead of Hylton. While in high school, Hylton surpassed her but now it looks like she's pulled back ahead primarily because she's a better shooter.

Changing schools several times stunted her development and COVID didn't help matters. She joined Royal Crown when it first started and prior to Day-Wilson and Lattimore planning on joining the program. The team around her was not on a level that would help her get better. Then COVID wiped out the season she was hoping for with Day-Wilson and Lattimore, along with others.

Don't forget, she's a late 2022 commit who was also touted as a possible 2023 had Boston College not offered her. She also kept promoting that schools like UConn, Louisville, Georgia, Miss State and Syracuse were her final 5 since 2021, even early 2022 during GEICO Nationals. To end up at Boston College tells me there still were questions about what she could bring to a program. She'll prove most doubters wrong but you do have to wonder why she wasn't picked up sooner at the same time based on what she showed this past week.

Reaction Score
She must plan on winning a softball championship, because it ain’t happening in Basketball in the next 4 years at any of her choices.
Probably not, but one of those coaches has won three national titles before. Not sure why make such a comment. The young lady clearly would prefer to stay in the south, she is extremely close with her family.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably not, but one of those coaches has won three national titles before. Not sure why the biter comment. The young lady clearly would prefer to stay in the south, she is extremely close with her family.
Not bitter. I truly don’t believe any of those school will win in the near future. Also there might be a possibility of her playing softball. I read that she is very good at that sport also. I know the SEC is full of great softball teams. Arguably the best conference there is.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Probably not, but one of those coaches has won three national titles before. Not sure why make such a comment. The young lady clearly would prefer to stay in the south, she is extremely close with her family.
All 5 of those teams with female head coaches . . .

Reaction Score
She must plan on winning a softball championship, because it ain’t happening in Basketball in the next 4 years at any of her choices.
Maybe not, but I think all of these teams will be competitive the next 4 years and some will have sweet sixteen and possibly deeper runs in March Madness.

Reaction Score
Not bitter. I truly don’t believe any of those school will win in the near future. Also there might be a possibility of her playing softball. I read that she is very good at that sport also. I know the SEC is full of great softball teams. Arguably the best conference there is.
What are we defining as winning? It takes a lot to go right to win a national title. With the exception of Geno, everyone else has 3 or less titles. Kim won a national title in year 5 at Baylor. I don't expect her to necessarily win one right now at LSU but I do expect she will have her teams consistently in the the sweet 16 or better by years 3/4 after she gets a few of her recruiting classes in coupled in with the transfer portal which she has worked well. I don't think that is unreasonable.

SEC is far from the best conference in softball. PAC 12 and Big 12 is way better. Baseball, football? They are among the best for sure

For the record, I know her family well and have seen Williams play before. She has not progressed in softball as much since she focused on basketball the last few years. She won't be playing softball in college. Its something she does enjoy though and does in between basketball seasons. She also does track.

Reaction Score
I was gonna talk about the PAC 12 but I’m biased as I’m from SoCal. Winning? Yes I went straight to the NC. Your post is appreciated and well thought out.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Off topic.. but the SEC is quickly catching up to the Pac 12 in baseball and the Big 12/Pac 12 in softball. The SEC had 4 out of the 8 teams in Omaha.. and for the last 12 out of 13 years an SEC team has made it to the finals. The conference has always had powerhouse programs like LSU, SC, Arkansas but the SEC is really on an impressive streak across the board these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom