Non-Key Tweets | Page 891 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Lexington bbq is traditionally found in the Piedmont, not the mountains. It uses ketchup to go with the vinegar and therefore is theoretically sweeter. Eastern NC bbq is more vinegary and not sweet. I get a container of Hardison’s outside Plymouth when I head to the Outer Banks, had no idea what I was missing.

Mustard is disgusting SC-style bbq. Also, bbq is a noun and really is just another way to say pulled pork. Kansas City-style bbq isn’t really bbq, it’s just a type of sauce that they put on random meat. Some Texas-styled brisket is great, but it also isn’t bbq.
Thanks for the correction. Which do you prefer? Eastern or Lexington?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lexington bbq is traditionally found in the Piedmont, not the mountains. It uses ketchup to go with the vinegar and therefore is theoretically sweeter. Eastern NC bbq is more vinegary and not sweet. I get a container of Hardison’s outside Plymouth when I head to the Outer Banks, had no idea what I was missing.

Mustard is disgusting SC-style bbq. Also, bbq is a noun and really is just another way to say pulled pork. Kansas City-style bbq isn’t really bbq, it’s just a type of sauce that they put on random meat. Some Texas-styled brisket is great, but it also isn’t bbq.
What utter nonsense those last two sentences are. Barbeque is certainly not limited to pork. The regions tend to focus on more common meats, pork of course in the south, and poultry, beef in Texas and in KC a blend of beef and pork. The sauces vary a lot even locally despite regional styles, as do rubs etc. Eat what you like.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Don’t love this

The angry emoji isn't for you. This would be bad for UConn. Hoping it is just Oregon State or Washington State. I think we'd be ahead of them. We wouldn't be ahead of the other four, but I'd be stunned if they considered the move.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is Arizona good in football? BB is pretty good I imagine.
Basketball is very good, obviously. Football is terrible. Arizona State is pretty good at football, if well behind the top programs. Utah is easily the best football program of the corner schools. Good enough that the Pac added them in 2010 and they've been among the top programs in the conference since.

Reaction Score
Gross. Mustard based sauces are from the Devil. Not all KC BBQ sauces are sweet, mostly that's just the supermarket crap. Gates and Arthur Bryant aren't sweet.
"Carolina bbq" is a poor term. NC BBQ is vinegar based (and superior), while SC bbq is mustard based.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I do NOT like this response from Master’s Burner. Kick in the testiculos possibly incoming. But still have hope in GoKU

IMG_1752.jpeg

Reaction Score
Pat Forde reports Colorado is nearing a move to the Big 12, with Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Connecticut potentially in line to follow
The fact that Pat Forde is reporting about these schools and includes UConn is especially encouraging. He has no love for us and was the guy who tipped off Louisville’s AD —his friend Tom Jurich—the night he learned that UConn was headed for the ACC and helped Jurich on his blitzkrieg PR campaign to replace us. If he’s saying UConn is in the mix, I think I’ll sleep more soundly than if Frank The Tank or some other blogger yapped about it.

Reaction Score
The fact that Pat Forde is reporting about these schools and includes UConn is especially encouraging. He has no love for us and was the guy who tipped off Louisville’s AD —his friend Tom Jurich—the night he learned that UConn was headed for the ACC and helped Jurich on his blitzkrieg PR campaign to replace us. If he’s saying UConn is in the mix, I think I’ll sleep more soundly than if Frank The Tank or some other blogger yapped about it.
We are always in the mix. I want to be in the cake!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom