McDonald's All American Game Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonald's All American Game Tonight

Reaction Score
If you watch KK’s highlight videos, she finishes through contact as well as anyone I’ve ever seen in HS.
Yes she is kind of a bully of a guard with a great handle good shot and is quick with the ball but not fast running or with the ball.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can make any definitive judgments based on an all-star game.........KK brings UConn much needed speed and Ashlynn is an old school baller who will do whatever it takes to win..............both fit the mold of UConn players skill wise and with basketball smarts........they are going to be great additions to the team......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Shade, she reminded me of Grace Berger (minus 3 inches of height).
That's a pretty good comparison though I'm hopeful Shade will be a better 3-point shooter than Berger. Shade has been working on her 3-point shot and we saw some of that tonight. Her strongest shot is her mid-range pull-up; she's a good leaper with good hang-time. I'm thinking she'll have the best pull-up jump shot since Crystal and before her Renee. Sue Bird's was the best ever of course. She is also a terrific passer (great vision) and seems to have a nose for the ball. She's not afraid to rebound either.

The good news for some of the players is that college basketball games will be nothing like tonight's game. The bad news for some of the players is that college basketball games will be nothing like tonight's game.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She’s an incredible talent, doesn’t seem to enjoy passing however.
Good thing she's going to USC. She'll instantly be the best player on roster next year, passing is optional for her.

Phenomenal player. Attacking mindset. She should build a mansion at the free throw line, she'll be there a lot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Even before the long half court almost 3 I think Hidalgo all things considered Hidalgo looks like the best player on the court. She’s the real deal over everyone else. Fulwiley showed out in the first half but time tells all and beginning to 3 quarters, Hidalgo is for real like really for real.
It's the eight -- 8 -- steals that catch my attention.

Reaction Score
The rotation for PG for Connecticut will be top in the mind of Coach Geno. Shade can shoot well from outside, and KK Arnold is aggressive on the drive. We'll see how Paige and Azzi recover from their injuries. In any case, those four will play serious minutes. We're not going to give the ball to Nika for 33 minutes a game next year. It's going to be different, for sure.

Reaction Score
I'll flat out say I'm excited for the 23-24 WCBB season and anxious to see how the talent pool of the HS c/o 23 transpire at their respective schools.

Reaction Score
Next year when Muse joins up with Kiki Rice, and the two combine with the 6'4" German post Bessoir and Rice's fellow freshman Jaquez, UCLA will be incredibly tough.
They also have the big from Oregon who got hurt. Dugalic, I think her name is. Jones as well who took strides later in the season. They are a team to watch.

But USC is also a team to watch. As their big recruit this past year missed the whole season due to a near tragedy. PAC 12 is gonna be a lot of fun.

I've only seen the highlights but Kk is pretty much what I expected. Shade, because I've heard a lot about her physicality and mid range, as others have mentioned I thought she was going to be 6'0 like Grace Berger and physically as big.but she looks a bit shorter and smaller, like a high school kid would.

Reaction Score
They also have the big from Oregon who got hurt. Dugalic, I think her name is. Jones as well who took strides later in the season. They are a team to watch.

But USC is also a team to watch. As their big recruit this past year missed the whole season due to a near tragedy. PAC 12 is gonna be a lot of fun.

I've only seen the highlights but Kk is pretty much what I expected. Shade, because I've heard a lot about her physicality and mid range, as others have mentioned I thought she was going to be 6'0 like Grace Berger and physically as big.but she looks a bit shorter and smaller, like a high school kid would.
What happened to USC's recruit?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched the first 5 minutes before going out to dinner. I thought KK looked as good as anyone.

As others have noted, an All-Star game is misleading in terms of showcasing skills.

Time to watch the rest of the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After Fulwiley was on fire in Q2, she bricked some shots in Q3.

I was liking Hidalgo's quickness and ball control, then she hit a 30' bomb to then Q3. I wish she were going to Princeton instead of ND.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom