McDonald's All American Game Tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

McDonald's All American Game Tonight

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Exhibition games like this are simply a showcase for the players, very little defense, and most likely not more than a few set plays. I'm less concerned on how quick, etc, KK and Shade look in this situation. All that matters is how they blend into the UConn team, how competitive they are in that environment, how quickly they learn both UConn's offense and defense philosophies. Finding out which piece of the UConn puzzle they are and how it fits into the whole system will be important.

Reaction Score
Said announcer was Brooke Weisbrod. She is a known UCONN hater and the best friend of head UCONN hater, ND alum, Deveraux Peters. Brooke is so bad at announcing that I hope she gets promoted to FloSports.
Watch the game from 1:12:30 to 1:15:41 and you will hear that Ashlynn Shade received some great praise from Brooke Weisbrod.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
BOX SCORE

1680127579680.png

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Looking at the Box Score, Fulwiley was not that impressive, shooting 7 for 18, taking the most shots by far. Hildago was high scorer with 26, but had 7 turnovers. Ouch. Several other stats pop out in the Box Score. Not sure why Shade was a minus 17.

Reaction Score
Looking at the Box Score, Fulwiley was not that impressive, shooting 7 for 18, taking the most shots by far. Hildago was high scorer with 26, but had 7 turnovers. Ouch. Several other stats pop out in the Box Score. Not sure why Shade was a minus 17.
Looking at box scores only does not tell you anything. Watching the game tells you everything. I watched the game. Hildago was impressive, as was JuJu and the Williams going to LSU. Muse, the post player going to UCLA was a gem, as were many other players tbh. And Fulwiley? It was an All Star game, and she was electric for stretches, wait for that one to develop. Shade looked good also, reminded me of a cross between Abby Meyers and Grace Berger tbh, not too shabby.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Looking at box scores only does not tell you anything. Watching the game tells you everything. I watched the game. Hildago was impressive, as was JuJu and the Williams going to LSU. Muse, the post player going to UCLA was a gem, as were many other players tbh. And Fulwiley? It was an All Star game, and she was electric for stretches, wait for that one to develop. Shade looked good also, reminded me of a cross between Abby Meyers and Grace Berger tbh, not too shabby.
So Hildago's 7 turnovers doesn't bother you? Although I did notice 8 steals, so that's impressive.

The coachs were supposed to play their players an even amount of minutes. They were not very successful.

Reaction Score
The best thing I heard during the game is that KK Arnold got a technical in the scrimmage. lol Now that is competitive!
I’d like to know what she did to deserve a technical foul.

Reaction Score
So Hildago's 7 turnovers doesn't bother you? Although I did notice 8 steals, so that's impressive.

The coachs were supposed to play their players an even amount of minutes. They were not very successful.
She'll fit right in at ND lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Fulwiley was insanely hot in the first half, making 3 or 4 bombs from 5' beyond the arc and a couple of lightening quick drives to the basket. In the second half, she chucked up several bricks. She's probably not as good as she looked early on and not as bad as she looked after halftime.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Muse going to UCLA
Donovan going to Duke
Watkins going to USC
Williams going to LSU
Two notre dame girls and the South Carolina
All stood out the most they seem like can’t miss players that we will definitely hear from in the future. Fuilwily is putting on a show though
Fulwiley's HS is very close to where I live in Columbia. I think Dawn offered her in 7th grade. Her and Raven on the court, together, would be a very fast lineup.

Reaction Score

Nope. Given the context of the game, Hildago's turnovers do not bother me. As for the coaches playing players an even amount of minutes, it is never easy. I thought overall the West coaching staff did pretty good trying to balance the minutes but in these types of games, if is never easy.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley was insanely hot in the first half, making 3 or 4 bombs from 5' beyond the arc and a couple of lightening quick drives to the basket. In the second half, she chucked up several bricks. She's probably not as good as she looked early on and not as bad as she looked after halftime.
She's going to fit in perfectly in a long line of South Carolina shooting guards

Reaction Score
People joke about Fulwiley but, like any player, if they work on their craft and listen to the coaching staff and can blend their talents with their teammates, good things can happen. I like Fulwiley. She is athletic as heck! Put in the work over the summer on her craft and South Carolina could be scary again next year.

Reaction Score
People joke about Fulwiley but, like any player, if they work on their craft and listen to the coaching staff and can blend their talents with their teammates, good things can happen. I like Fulwiley. She is athletic as heck! Put in the work over the summer on her craft and South Carolina could be scary again next year.
I think Dawn will instill some discipline in Fulwiley's game.

Reaction Score
I like the taller guards in todays game and like them to be able to score. Right now UCONN has great size at guard and a couple incredible scorers. The biggest issue with UCONN guard play is that they haven't been on the court too much. Any guard that is 5'8 or smaller needs to be super quick and a legit scorer otherwise she will be on the team never to see the court again.

Reaction Score
Do the kids know they're allowed to pass?
I think they do, but truthfully it’s an all star game. I enjoyed the highlights… some very talented ladies coming into the college game. The Huskies have a great class coming in, but it’s a very good pick up game with uniforms with a highlight of these ladies talents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom