Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome game. I smiled A LOT!
84A31D0B-B0D0-485F-B82D-97457C7FCE12.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
At the end of the game, our bench was playing against either the 5 starters or 4 starters and they didn't give in an inch!!!!!! Well done to all 10 Huskies!!!!!

Now to sit back and watch the nitpicking. Sarcasm :):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was never a fan of the group Survivor, but today the Lady Huskies co-opted their well-known song. Right now, UConn has the eye of the tiger. The "D" was suffocating.

I thought TonyC was a little premature with his optimism, but the last two games has officially put an end to the late season swoon.

I don't care about their seeding for the tourney, but if UConn keeps us this style of play, there are two brackets other teams do not want to be included in. (SC, obviously being one)

Reaction Score
defensive intensity was almost frightening
I am sitting close to the court today so I could see with my own eyes how smothering the UConn D was. They barely gave Marquette room to breathe and NEVER looked winded or gave up on a play. Great to see.

Really makes you appreciate how tough they are playing. The difficult season absolutely was a blessing in disguise IMO.

Reaction Score
A GREAT Game all around... Only 1 and a half Mike's Mango... mostly just for "fun". BUT, I had to do my part to keep the MOJO going. ;)

Love it when Nika sprints past people to the basket
Love it when Aubrey jumps out of the gym for rebounds, blocks, and shots
Love it when Aaliyah and Dorka are working so great together
Love it when LOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU hits from everywhere
Love it when Azzi gets some shots up and hits a few... knocking the rust off.
Love it when Ines hits the 3.
Love it when Amari knocks down the put back without ever lowering the rebound below her head
Love it that Caroline got back off the mat and played some solid minutes.

Love it when Geno is happy!!!

Gonna Love it when Charlie has to finally admit that UCONN deserves to be placed higher in the NCAA Tournament because they are playing as well as anyone now that they got pieces back!

GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Excellent win today reminiscent of the best of UCONN basketball. The coach called the game “flawless”, so flawless it is!

There were many positives:
1. Stifling defense. All players, including the bench, were locked in today.
2. We won the rebound battle
3. We took 67 shots and had a good 49.3% scoring percentage.
4. We had 21 assists.

What could get better:
1. Outside shooting
2. Turnovers

Aaliyah, Dorka, and Nika had double doubles. Audrey was a beast. Lou was smooth. Azzi and Caroline continue the work to get back into form. Ines, Amari, and Yanna had good minutes.

I hope the team continues to stay healthy and wins the championship game tomorrow.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Simply awesome. I heard one of the announcers mention UConn could be a 2 seed. No way Not now IF that happens omg I wouldnt want them in my bracket. My only thought is we have been winning with great play. I am patient but we need Azzi and Caroline to hit their outside shots. At some point we will need them to hit those shots.

This is a compete team with players who can create their own shot and make them. The defense is suffocating. Marquette is a good team and we just handled Marquette. Great Great UConn explosion

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The day started out with a lot of question marks and unknowns like which UConn team would show up. Will Caroline Ducharme dress and play today? It turned out to be a pretty good day. UConn played like a well-oiled machine. Isn't it funny how much better you feel (like you do right now) when UConn wins and wins against a formidable team, and shuts down its two best players? :rolleyes:

Jim

Reaction Score
With the deeper bench, starters can play in-yer-face defense without worrying about fouling out or getting too tired. And with Azzi and Caroline in the quiver, the starters relax and don’t feel the pressure that they have to carry the team. Having those two back makes this a completely different team.

Reaction Score
Sensational game! HUGE shout-out to Aubrey, who does so many little things that matter so much, and often go unnoticed. But everyone played unbelievably today. The defense was one of the best I've ever seen. SuperMuhl and the biggies were in high gear all day. Simply knowing that Azzi is back, I think has given the team a shot in the arm. Lou was vintage Lou. Glad Caroline could play, too. And happy the bench could chip in at the end. Truly a beautiful thing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom