Marquette Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some Thoughts on the Marquette game:
  • The last time these teams met, a 59-52 Marquette win in Milwaukee, UConn had only 8 healthy players, all UConn starters played at least 36+ minutes, the Huskies got 0 pts from the bench and the team was clearly exhausted by the end of the game. Today, with Azzi & Caroline back, the Huskies went 10 deep and never once looked fatigued.
  • For the 2nd game in a row UConn dialed it up, playing SUFFOCATING DEFENSE. I was really impressed with how relentless the Huskies were in fighting through the maze of screens that Marquette sets on offense, drawing numerous moving screen fouls in the process.
  • Aaliyah, Dorka & Aubrey all came to play today, and unlike the game in Milwaukee, UConn dominated the paint in a physical matchup against a very physical Marquette team.
  • It’s always comforting when UConn forces an opponent to call a timeout prior to the 1st TV timeouts of both halves!!!! :eek:
  • Nika was outstanding today attacking the basket off the dribble, dropping 10 dimes and playing ferocious defense. Had her teammates not missed a bunch of layups Nika probably would have broken the UConn, single game assist record again. :cool:
  • Lou seemed to be finding her shots in rhythm today. She hit one 3 in the 1st half when 2 defenders followed Azzi to the opposite side of the court, leaving Lou all alone at the arc on the other side, something she probably hasn’t experienced in months. ;)
  • I absolutely loved the effort from Ines when she blocked a shot at the top of the key, took off on the break only to get a pass from Azzi that was just a bit too long, then hustled like mad to get back on defense to strip the ball from the Marquette player. THAT IS UCONN HUSKY BASKETBALL AT ITS BEST!!!
  • Today UConn won the rebounding battle, the turnover battle, the foul battle and, most importantly, the scoreboard battle.
  • I cannot remember the last time UConn WBB didn’t play for the championship of their conference tournament, and I hope I never do…….:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Happy Lets Go GIF by ESPN

‘Nuff said.

Reaction Score
I absolutely loved the effort from Ines when she blocked a shot at the top of the key, took off on the break only to get a pass from Azzi that was just a bit too long, then hustled like mad to get back on defense to strip the ball from the Marquette player. THAT IS UCONN HUSKY BASKETBALL AT ITS BEST!!!
I’m totally with you on this one. Inês is definitely a Husky!!

Reaction Score
3 double doubles, huge margin of victory and our defense looking golden...Aubrey showing everyone how versatile she is, and most everyone in good form. Caroline and Azzi are working their way back to being solid players. Nika taking it coast to coast was awesome.
Great game for our team.

Reaction Score
Where has this team been? A total transformation back to what we were early in the season. And without Azzi or CD scoring. Maybe it was being tired and getting some rest but they were relentless, confident, full of energy. AE was great but everyone contributed. UConn basketball is back!

Man, I just loved watching the game.

Reaction Score
Where has this team been? A total transformation back to what we were early in the season. And without Azzi or CD scoring. Maybe it was being tired and getting some rest but they were relentless, confident, full of energy. AE was great but everyone contributed. UConn basketball is back!

Man, I just loved watching the game.
Made me tired watching their great defence even late in the 3rd qtr, relentless!

Reaction Score
The UConn of old! If we can stay healthy, get Azzi and Caroline back in the flow ,continue to play the way they have the last 2 games I not only see a BET Championship BUT, another Final 4 appearance!!! Genos rant worked and motivated these young ladies !!! Congrats UCONN!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom