March Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Possible, however Fournier and her family also have to believe that UConn is the right fit. Also, Coach Davis is the type who will lay out all possible scenarios considering he's been in contact with all of the programs listed in her Top 8 from when Aaliyah, Day-Wilson and Lattimore were at Crestwood.

Looking at the projected roster per Raoul's website, playing time could be minimal, when you have Patterson, Samuels and Ziebell already listed as wings. Will she be willing to play more of a forward position and bang in the paint? Will she be willing to wait her turn? Considering her Top 8, there are several schools where she would have to bide her time. I take that as a sign she may do so, but not really convinced that she would.
First off I obviously have no idea what her mindset would be about waiting her turn for PT but it's certainly good that she's getting that experienced advise from her coach. Regarding the other two areas I bolded: 1) I don't necessarily think she'd be directly competing for PT with all 3 of the kids you listed. Of course development is key for everyone and IMO, less developed shooters like Patterson and Fournier don't USUALLY become skilled shooters after getting to college. They can improve but it doesn't become the defining part of their game. Ziebell and Samuels will compete to fill a specific need: long range shooting. And they will need to develop in all other areas to earn any significant PT. Which leads into my thoughts on the other bolded part. 2) From what I've observed of AP (both in HS and this year) and TF from her HS videos, both seem very willing to bang inside. While both can really jump, I actually think TF has a little better understanding of how to utilize it at this stage. Defensively she doesn't tend to lunge AT the shooter, she uses her vertical advantage to deflect the ball AFTER it leaves the shooter's hand as many coaches try to teach. AP's habit of wanting to reach over the shooter is difficult to break. This is something that Cameron Brink does so well. Offensively, TF also doesn't try to avoid or hesitate going up into traffic to shoot as AP does. Of course AP can certainly improve on these things and will have two years advantage in the system over TF. With development both kids at 6-2 have the ability and hops to play 6-4 and will more likely compete as PFs rather than as wings. I hope TF is willing to take on the UConn challenge like Edwards was.

Reaction Score
Possible, however Fournier and her family also have to believe that UConn is the right fit. Also, Coach Davis is the type who will lay out all possible scenarios considering he's been in contact with all of the programs listed in her Top 8 from when Aaliyah, Day-Wilson and Lattimore were at Crestwood.

Looking at the projected roster per Raoul's website, playing time could be minimal, when you have Patterson, Samuels and Ziebell already listed as wings. Will she be willing to play more of a forward position and bang in the paint? Will she be willing to wait her turn? Considering her Top 8, there are several schools where she would have to bide her time. I take that as a sign she may do so, but not really convinced that she would.
Agree with the Crestwood points, but I don't see Fournier as a wing at all, same with Patterson, both are pure 4's in my opinion. Her size says 4, her rebounding and blocked shots and mostly inside scoring does as well. Q and Ziebel can probably be 2/3 but I don't see them competing for time at the 4 either, but Ice and Jana in addition to being 5 candidates, could also get time at the 4 so there is some potential competition, but Aaliyah's departure will mean minutes for somebody after next year.

Reaction Score
I’m sure she has plenty of those. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I meant visiting, going to see her on the circuit, player and staff connections, etc.
I doubt that Johnson would have an offer if GA and staff haven't seen her play more than once at summer AAU events or HS games. And I'm also pretty sure they have as much other contact with her through her coaches as allowed. I haven't seen anything about an unofficial visit and as only a sophomore, that would be the only way they could speak to her directly until her junior year. They can speak to her on the phone now, BUT ONLY if she initiates the call. Texts and emails are OK I believe.

Reaction Score
First off I obviously have no idea what her mindset would be about waiting her turn for PT but it's certainly good that she's getting that experienced advise from her coach. Regarding the other two areas I bolded: 1) I don't necessarily think she'd be directly competing for PT with all 3 of the kids you listed. Of course development is key for everyone and IMO, less developed shooters like Patterson and Fournier don't USUALLY become skilled shooters after getting to college. They can improve but it doesn't become the defining part of their game. Ziebell and Samuels will compete to fill a specific need: long range shooting. And they will need to develop in all other areas to earn any significant PT. Which leads into my thoughts on the other bolded part. 2) From what I've observed of AP (both in HS and this year) and TF from her HS videos, both seem very willing to bang inside. While both can really jump, I actually think TF has a little better understanding of how to utilize it at this stage. Defensively she doesn't tend to lunge AT the shooter, she uses her vertical advantage to deflect the ball AFTER it leaves the shooter's hand as many coaches try to teach. AP's habit of wanting to reach over the shooter is difficult to break. This is something that Cameron Brink does so well. Offensively, TF also doesn't try to avoid or hesitate going up into traffic to shoot as AP does. Of course AP can certainly improve on these things and will have two years advantage in the system over TF. With development both kids at 6-2 have the ability and hops to play 6-4 and will more likely compete as PFs rather than as wings. I hope TF is willing to take on the UConn challenge like Edwards was.
All good points. I do have some reservations regarding willingness to bang inside however. Reason why I say this is based on what I've seen live as she's developed in high school and summer play.

She's struggled when really challenged by a physical forward or post. Noticed this during FIBA U17, especially against France in the bronze medal game. There also have been times during OSBA games where she's been unable to establish herself in the paint against players not of her caliber and height in the post. Games where Crestwood should have won handily were struggles or losses that shouldn't have happened, in my opinion.

This summer will be a good litmus test for her. She'll be the focal point of the Kia Nurse U17 squad this year, but with a relatively new roster around her as most of her team mates will have graduated. Will be fun to see how she has progressed overall.

Reaction Score
All good points. I do have some reservations regarding willingness to bang inside however. Reason why I say this is based on what I've seen live as she's developed in high school and summer play.

She's struggled when really challenged by a physical forward or post. Noticed this during FIBA U17, especially against France in the bronze medal game. There also have been times during OSBA games where she's been unable to establish herself in the paint against players not of her caliber and height in the post. Games where Crestwood should have won handily were struggles or losses that shouldn't have happened, in my opinion.

This summer will be a good litmus test for her. She'll be the focal point of the Kia Nurse U17 squad this year, but with a relatively new roster around her as most of her team mates will have graduated. Will be fun to see how she has progressed overall.
This is interesting. I'll be sure to watch for this in future video that becomes available. Do you have an opinion as to whether this might be more mental or physical? I've noticed that she needs a serious introduction to a weight room. She's definitely very gangly but 5-10 lbs of muscle would certainly help her cause inside. UConn has just the strength coach for her. ;)

Reaction Score
This is interesting. I'll be sure to watch for this in future video that becomes available. Do you have an opinion as to whether this might be more mental or physical? I've noticed that she needs a serious introduction to a weight room. She's definitely very gangly but 5-10 lbs of muscle would certainly help her cause inside. UConn has just the strength coach for her. ;)
Physical more than anything else, because Crestwood doesn't have players who could really challenge her currently. Nor does the Canada Basketball development pool at the moment. Her time with the Senior Women's National Team over this past year should help.

With respect to putting on muscle, she has access to training resources through Canada Basketball, like Aaliyah does. Question is how the strength training is going as her build doesn't look like it's changed. It could be a similar situation to Brink's however where looks can be deceiving.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Any sightings of Geno & Co. on the recruiting trail?

I didn't find any last week. Most players' seasons have come to an end. Did have Cheli and Smith playing against each other in California but doesn't seem UConn was there. Staley was, however.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New evaluations from Brandon Clay of Prospects Nation:

FqZQY4-WYAEYsYP

Reaction Score
Saw that Morgan liked this Instagram post..
2026 SG - 5'9 From No. Cal.
Already holds an offer from UCLA

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Rebecca Lobo’s daughter is a prospective D1 player? She can certainly hit the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom