March Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clarksville High School star Imari Berry put the Lady Wildcats on her back with a 36-point performance during a 75-42 victory over the Henry County Lady Patriots in the semifinals of the Region 7-4A basketball tournament on Monday in Clarksville.

Berry, being recruited by numerous Division I schools, converted 12 two-point baskets with three 3-pointers and three free throws in her 36-point effort. Her game included athletic drives, pull-up shots and long-range 3-point bombing ability. Defensively, she blocked shots and used her quickness to get steals.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Naismith released their HS All-America Teams

KK is first team, Ashlynn is third team, and Allie and Qadence are honorable mentions

These lists are often so strange and seem to be as much about name recognition as achievements. For example, former UConn POI Ciera Toomey is an honorable mention here and she missed nearly the entire season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So-so? Ashlynn is in the top 15 of ALL girls basketball players, regardless of class. In what universe is that “so-so”?
I’m pretty sure Ashlynn is going to show us all just how “so-so” she is next season! I think she has a lot of Shea in her! I’m looking forward to a player who gives it everything she’s got every time she’s on the floor.

Reaction Score
So-so? Ashlynn is in the top 15 of ALL girls basketball players, regardless of class. In what universe is that “so-so”?
I meant in relation to how she has been ranked elsewhere. My comments were more compared to what I would have expected. KK and Allie were as good or better than I expected, Q quite a bit better (one of 22) vs. being ranked in the 30's or 40's elsewhere, and I thought Ashlynn was close to where I would have expected her to be.

It is encouraging to see players move up that we are interested in or after they make a decision, and these ratings were on balance encouraging, and certainly top 15, and a few notches higher in her class is very good, but I didn't think it was substantially different from where she was considered previously. That is what I meant by so so.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I meant in relation to how she has been ranked elsewhere. My comments were more compared to what I would have expected. KK and Allie were as good or better than I expected, Q quite a bit better (one of 22) vs. being ranked in the 30's or 40's elsewhere, and I thought Ashlynn was close to where I would have expected her to be.

It is encouraging to see players move up that we are interested in or after they make a decision, and these ratings were on balance encouraging, and certainly top 15, and a few notches higher in her class is very good, but I didn't think it was substantially different from where she was considered previously. That is what I meant by so so.
HoopGurlz has Ashlynn as the 15th ranked player in her class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman