March Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Speaking of KK: she [and Ashlynn?] are playing in some kind of high school all-star game next
week. Anyone have the date/time/channel?
The McDonald’s All American game is March 28 at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN2.

There is also a Powerade Jam Fest which includes a three point contest, knock-out game and dunk contest on March 27, not sure who is participating in it yet

Reaction Score
New follow for Morgan, it's a big. Madina Okot out of Kenya.
OK she looks interesting. But I'm not sure if I understand her status. She is 6-5 and 18 years old. She played in an African FIBA league and did pretty well, particularly on rebounding stats and pretty good on blocks. The competition is not real good, and the players seem on the small side, but this is not an under 18 league it includes adults, and I think she may be the youngest player in the league not just her team.

She has also been picked as one of the 12 players to represent the world against the US high school seniors in a competition sponsored by Nike. Both KK and Ashlynn will be on the US team she faces. I think that tournament is early April. I haven't found any video of her, but playing effectively against adult competition in a FIBA African league is pretty impressive, and maybe even more so being selected for the world team to take on the US high school stars.

One thing that puzzled me was on a search for her name she popped up on an ESPN link that showed her listed with Troy University, no stats, bio or picture so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Anyway I'm guessing she would still be considered part of the 2023 class since she is competing against the US high school seniors, but I'm not sure about that.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kenyan Madina Okot and Angolan Elton da Silva Mangueira were the Three-Point Champions.....this is from the Basketball Without Border's camp this summer where Jana was named MVP. I'm curious to see what this kid is about.

Reaction Score

Another new follow PF Dorja Iva Zaja from Croatia

Reaction Score

Another new follow PF Dorja Iva Zaja from Croatia

Catch, keep the ball high, and shoot with no dribble? Strong post moves, ball fakes, and Euro step? See the floor, find cutters, and deliver back door passes on time? No hesitation shooting stroke out to the 3 line? Able to use both hands inside on all shots? I'm all in. Let's have the coaches touch base while in Croatia this summer if legal with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Kenyan Madina Okot and Angolan Elton da Silva Mangueira were the Three-Point Champions.....this is from the Basketball Without Border's camp this summer where Jana was named MVP. I'm curious to see what this kid is about.
Wait, WHAT? The kid is 6-6 and the ball looks like a soccer ball in her hands.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Catch, keep the ball high, and shoot with no dribble? Strong post moves, ball fakes, and Euro step? See the floor, find cutters, and deliver back door passes on time? No hesitation shooting stroke out to the 3 line? Able to use both hands inside on all shots? I'm all in. Let's have the coaches touch base while in Croatia this summer if legal with the NCAA.
Not sure how this works. Did Coach Valley contact these young ladies to determine their interest or did the 2 players contact UConn?

Reaction Score
Not sure how this works. Did Coach Valley contact these young ladies to determine their interest or did the 2 players contact UConn?
From what I understand it's just Valley following them on social media. Beyond that I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom