March Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Catch, keep the ball high, and shoot with no dribble? Strong post moves, ball fakes, and Euro step? See the floor, find cutters, and deliver back door passes on time? No hesitation shooting stroke out to the 3 line? Able to use both hands inside on all shots? I'm all in. Let's have the coaches touch base while in Croatia this summer if legal with the NCAA.
Agree, use Nika to recruit her too. Sshe looks like she has good fundamentals, quick decision maker, very developed for a player her age.

Reaction Score
From what I understand it's just Valley following them on social media. Beyond that I have no idea.
The big question is is this reciprocal. Are they likewise following Morgan Valley on social media.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Watching more of the NCAA tourney and can't help but realize how many players with "style" (we shall call it) are still playing and making big impacts. Angel Reese, Kamilla Cardoso, and Aliyah Boston namely...this takes me back to Geno making public comments around the time their senior classes were being recruited about how recruits asked about hair stylists and insinuated that they are too high maintenance.

Is it time to change our thinking? Staley and Mulkey are accommodating their stars..I know Geno has always been a low maintenance coach who doesn't want too much distractions. But I don't see how UConn didn't put most of the eggs in the basket for Cardoso..I'm just shaking my head watching her be dominant alongside Boston in this Elite 8 game. Without her alone, South Carolina would be hurting.

UConn recruited Cardoso out of high school and then as a transfer. They also recruited Boston and were in her final four. They also offered Reese.

I think Geno has changed to some extent.

Reaction Score
Dorja is following Louisville but don’t see any of their players. She’s also following UConn, Sue Bird, Paige, Breanna, as well as Nika, Hana, and Darko Muhl
I like the early odds with that breakdown of who she is following, particularly with the past Uconn stars and a heavy emphasis on Croatia with not just Nika, but Hana and Darko as well. Nika jokes that she brought Dorka to Uconn, maybe she can do the same with Dorja!

Reaction Score
The only thing I was able to find is that she’s possibly committed to Troy University.

Here is what I found. A game from last month in a senior qualifying tournament for the upcoming African Championship later this year. There is also an article about his coming to the US.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UNC transfer Kennedy Todd-Williams has started following Morgan on IG. No follow back at this time. Not sure what to make of it.

Reaction Score
UNC transfer Kennedy Todd-Williams has started following Morgan on IG. No follow back at this time. Not sure what to make of it.
I'm not on SM. Is that like blocking spam calls?

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Early AAU report:

25′ G Keeley Parks – Team Lex 3SSB / Norman (OK): Parks looked like her normal self stifling ball-handlers, scoring in transition and making plays OTD. However, she particularly excelled in scoring off the ball and utilizing screens to knockdown mid-range pull-ups. Being able to play next to another strong ball-handler seemed to really relax her shooting on the court and increased the efficiency with which she scored the ball..

26′ G Rieyan DeSouze – Team Lex 3SSB / Desoto (TX): The Desoto guard was a real steadying force for her team on both ends of the floor. DeSouze provided persistent defensive pressure on the ball, turned guards repeatedly and forced them into mistakes by speeding up their pace. She ignited transition opportunities with her play repeatedly and was also able to see the floor well on the offensive end dishing the ball to players all over the floor..

Reaction Score

Here is what I found. A game from last month in a senior qualifying tournament for the upcoming African Championship later this year. There is also an article about his coming to the US.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The only thing I was able to find is that she’s possibly committed to Troy University.

Here is what i foud for the 6'6'' center player. A game from last month in a senior qualifying tournament, for the upcoming African championship later this year. (game starts at 9:08) There is also an article about is coming to the US.

Reaction Score
I can't see why we would be interested. She would probably be a 3 with us, perhaps an upgrade over Q as a possible backup at the 3, but with the most anticipated starting smalls, Paige is a likely starter there backed first by Caroline and then by Aubrey who will also be used upfront.

Unless the team anticipates movement we don't know about, I can't see us taking anything other than a big, and more likely a C with our only remaining scholarship. Even at the C position, if the player was not proven and experienced at a high enough level to be a likely starter over our two first year prospects, I would not bother. I don't think we need to search for a third string C that might be an improvement on Amari for example. If you can't get a probable starter, at least for a year, at the position of most need then save the scholarship for later.

Reaction Score
UConn recruited Cardoso out of high school and then as a transfer. They also recruited Boston and were in her final four. They also offered Reese.

I think Geno has changed to some extent.
As I remember Boston was very much interested in UConn and attended multiple home games.........once Dawn got a hold of her that was it.....she knows how to close the deal........I think Reese was already talking about wanting to bring the ball up the court and didn't want to be considered just a center/power forward.,.....I have a feeling Geno didn't want to hear that......

Reaction Score
3/26 NY AA Federal title game

Kayleigh Heckel: 19 points, 12 assists, 6 steals

Kate Koval: 21 points, 10 rebs, 5 blocks
Koval looks like a project but one worth the investment. Seems like once she gets in UConn level shape and gets stronger, she has the skills to be a good post.

Reaction Score
Nah we good.
I enjoyed the Links to Dorja Iva Zaga. The FIBA web page for the
U18 European Division B Championships has Dorja as 6'3" (191 cm).
Her Birthday is January 12 ?, 2004. That makes her currently 19 years of age. She
was 18 during the U18 tournament. Croatia was playing in the "B" division for
this summer's games (2022) So... that was the same
same series of games that Ines Bettencort played in. Ines
was on the all-tournament team. Ines had a double double for the
tournament = see the FIBA web site and a link to the MVP awards for
the "B" tournament and you see a photo of our Ines!! Go Portugal!
Go Croatia!!! not to mention Go Kenya Madina O.

Reaction Score

Here is what i foud for the 6'6'' center player. A game from last month in a senior qualifying tournament, for the upcoming African championship later this year. (game starts at 9:08) There is also an article about is coming to the US.

She was supposed to enroll at Troy: Koranga hungry for more - The Troy Messenger

"A friend of Koranga from Kenya, Madina Okot, has been recruited to Troy and is expected to join the team next season."

Interested to see where she ends up.

Reaction Score
3/26 NY AA Federal title game

Kayleigh Heckel: 19 points, 12 assists, 6 steals

Kate Koval: 21 points, 10 rebs, 5 blocks
Thanks for posting this, @Sluconn Husky. According to this article, Syla Swords scored 27 points against St. Mary’s (Manhasset) in the New York State Federation Class AA championship game.

I’m surprised that ESPN HoopGurlz has Kayleigh Heckel ranked #50. She is a prolific scorer. I would expect Heckel’s and Koval’s rankings to improve if Long Island Lutheran does well in the GEICO Nationals tournament later this week. Heckel and Koval may also move up in the rankings based on their performances in the NYS Federation tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom