Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am actually surprised this hasn't happened in earlier games. These are high school kids playing in noncompetitive games - they went into half time leading 47-16. An undisciplined quarter/half was inevitable. I suspect they will hear about it from their coaches and hopefully come out with more intensity for the rest of the competition.

One of the things that is so impressive with Uconn, Geno, and the coaching staff is how prepared even the most dominant teams have been while faced with consistent blow-out games (and even they sometime fail for a half.)

Reaction Score
I am actually surprised this hasn't happened in earlier games. These are high school kids playing in noncompetitive games - they went into half time leading 47-16. An undisciplined quarter/half was inevitable. I suspect they will hear about it from their coaches and hopefully come out with more intensity for the rest of the competition.

One of the things that is so impressive with Uconn, Geno, and the coaching staff is how prepared even the most dominant teams have been while faced with consistent blow-out games (and even they sometime fail for a half.)
I hope that the USA team " needed" this type of game to regroup. On another positive side
Ice Brady did have a double double 10 points 11 rebounds +/- pf + 20 with an efficiency rating of 19
Nice Second half regrouping by ICE!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mexico was the best team the USA has faced, in this tournament so far, and they came in last in the other bracket. It seems as though the 4 teams in that bracket were much more evenly matched.
Mexico cannot shoot - field goal percentage is 27% and 3 percentage is 16% and free throws 43% - only El Salvador is worse. Columbia scored 18 first half points and trailed by 16 points, Puerto Rico scored 24 first half points and trailed by 13 points vs Mexico who scored 16 points and trailed by 31. The difference is USA slept through the second half against Mexico.

I suspect Brazil and Argentina may be better than Col. and PR but Mexico is not.

Reaction Score
My bad, I had a misreading of the box score. Londynn Jones only attempted 4 shots in her 23:03 minutes
of play. My apologies to Ms. Jones. Let's bring the "A" game on Saturday and Sunday!
Did anyone else notice the nice gesture of ICE giving a hug to one of the Mexican
players after the game? Very Nice! Is any "w" is a good game???? I hope so!

Reaction Score
My bad, I had a misreading of the box score. Londynn Jones only attempted 4 shots in her 23:03 minutes
of play. My apologies to Ms. Jones. Let's bring the "A" game on Saturday and Sunday!
Did anyone else notice the nice gesture of ICE giving a hug to one of the Mexican
players after the game? Very Nice! Is any "w" is a good game???? I hope so!
I noticed the hug. It seemed as though they previously knew each other.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great observations. Just to add - not only is she solid with the ball and can actually bring it up the floor (not guard skills, but great ball handling for a big), but there was a play where she snatched the rebound, and threw a touchdown pass to a teammate who was sprinting the floor. The teammate caught the pass in stride for a layup. It seems that she has excellent court vision in addition to all her other skills. And obviously strong enough to throw an end to end pass with accuracy.
.......And she's only going to get better!!! I expect Brady and Patterson to make huge strides each year. I just saw the game today against Mexico. The more I see Brady, the more I like her. Geno is going to have a hard time not playing her. The more she plays, the more she plays!!! :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
USA vs Brazil tomorrow. Start time not given. [LINK]

1655505269983.png

Today's game vs Mexico USA 77 - Mexico 41

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Box score for USA vs Mexico (Friday 6/17) [Link]

Brady = 10 pts, 11 reb, 3 stl, 1 ast in 26 mins.

Carnac

Reaction Score
After watching a few minutes of the Brazil/Puerto Rico game today, it appears Brazil will be BY FAR the best team the USA will have played so far in this tournament. Brazil 73 - Puerto Rico 53

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
USA beats Mexico by 36. Ice with 10 pts on 7/10 shooting with 11 rebounds (4 offensive), 3 steals & 3 turnovers.
if I may ask my fine colleague to recheck that stat-7 of 10 would be at least 14 points….was it 5-10 (which would be well below her FG percentage)?

Reaction Score
FYI Brazil U 18 Women won the South American U 18 Championship, 2022 per
the FIBA website ( prior to this Americas tournament ). Ms. Miranda Vasconcoles of Team Brazil
is 6' 7" and plays in the USA at Montverde Academy. She averages about 15 minutes a game and
4 rebounds a game and 3.8 points per game. So, not a big threat, but ..... ???
The USA vs Brazil game is now posted on the FIBA website at 5 PM on Saturday, June 18.
I'll be interested in Team USA's "progress" from yesterday and the
Canadian score. Who will be peaking?? Go USA! Go Brady! Cotie McMahon
is a force!!

Reaction Score
Mexico cannot shoot - field goal percentage is 27% and 3 percentage is 16% and free throws 43% - only El Salvador is worse. Columbia scored 18 first half points and trailed by 16 points, Puerto Rico scored 24 first half points and trailed by 13 points vs Mexico who scored 16 points and trailed by 31. The difference is USA slept through the second half against Mexico.

I suspect Brazil and Argentina may be better than Col. and PR but Mexico is not.
I'm at a loss to decipher these sentences.
Can you provide clarification ?
"Columbia (sic) scored 18 first half points and trailed by 16 points, Puerto Rico scored 24 first half points and trailed by 13 points vs Mexico who scored 16 points and trailed by 31."
Assuming you were making comparisons with these teams when they played the USA, wouldn't it be more accurate to take the entire game into account rather than a half ?
Does Mexico get any credit for how the USA played in the second half ?

Reaction Score
FYI Brazil U 18 Women won the South American U 18 Championship, 2022 per
the FIBA website ( prior to this Americas tournament ). Ms. Miranda Vasconcoles of Team Brazil
is 6' 7" and plays in the USA at Montverde Academy. She averages about 15 minutes a game and
4 rebounds a game and 3.8 points per game. So, not a big threat, but ..... ???
The USA vs Brazil game is now posted on the FIBA website at 5 PM on Saturday, June 18.
I'll be interested in Team USA's "progress" from yesterday and the
Canadian score. Who will be peaking?? Go USA! Go Brady! Cotie McMahon
is a force!!
McMahon just might be the best USA player so far. She's certainly in the group of top 3 (Ice, Rice and McMahon)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
if I may ask my fine colleague to recheck that stat-7 of 10 would be at least 14 points….was it 5-10 (which would be well below her FG percentage)?
Fuzzy math. Make that 5/7. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

For the record, Mexico crushes Puerto Rico by 28 points, 72-44.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is Kiki's game. Brady very quiet in first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom