Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Double Overtime: Argentina over Brazil, 55- 50 (?). Argentina lost the first
matchup 54 to 34. I will have to go back and watch the replay =
a " barnburner"!!
Come on guys, finish up for US - Canada.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Is anyone else getting the random subtitles? They’re almost as fun as the game.

But Marco Polo you know that’s on the final

Little Cerritos Gandhi has seven dollars

They really can say Sir Windows

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In a somewhat sloppy game the US beat Canada 82-77 to win the U-18 Americas championship. Ice with a tough day shooting the ball scored 8 pts on 4/13, but lead everyone with 15 boards.

Reaction Score
In a somewhat sloppy game the US beat Canada 82-77 to win the U-18 Americas championship. Ice with a tough day shooting the ball scored 8 pts on 4/13, but lead everyone with 15 boards.
not Brady's best game but I am very impressed by her calmness on the court and her fundamentals........she's doesn't seem to get flustered and really is enthusiastic........looking forward to seeing that sweet bank shot next season.....

Reaction Score
IMO McMahon or Rice was the MVP. Rice did get the vote.
not official but Ice Brady with 14 or 15 rebound???
Not official but perhaps a new USA records for rebounds in the
Americas Tournament : this year = 353, one more than the previous high of 352 in
2018!
Of note Canada had a higher field goal percentage and
a higher three point percentage. The USA had many more
attempts and thus , despite lower percentages = More Points!!
Besides the rebounding , USA made a lot of free throws!
Congrats to the USA and Ice for a job well done!
P.S. Chloe Kitts was better than I thought she was at the start of the
tournament!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought the best player on the court tonight was Canada’s Tyanna Todd out of Bradenton Academy in FL. She kept the pressure on the US all game and hit some bombs from 3. Todd is a big time talent heading to BC.

Reaction Score
Official Championship game stats:
Isuneh Brady 30:31 minutes, 8 points, 1 offensive rebound, 14 defensive rebounds, = 15 rebounds, one assist
Tournament stats : 23.8 MPG PPG 13.0 total points 78 FG % 65.5 3 point % 100% ( one for one) FT % 62.5
and the total rebounds for the tournament was 353 so a new record (no?) THANKS TO ICE!!!

Reaction Score
Finally: Ice Brady's 15 rebounds ties the record for most
rebounds in an Americas Tournament for a USA player.
Nneka Ogwumike also had 15 rebounds on July 27, 2008
against Argentina. My guess that Ms Ogwumike's total was NOT in
the Championship Game. I'll have to check.., but later.... time to go to bed!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Geno commented that she will play the high post? What if she is the best inside scorer? She's 6'3, right? That DePaul player is impressive inside and she isn't 6"3.

WHOEVER Geno puts on the block, they need to have great hands that can grab an entry pass and finish!!! :cool:
I don't care who he puts down there as long as they can get the job done. It would be nice if Geno didn't have to put players at a position they are not comfortable at. I'm sure every player on roster will be happy to do anything and everything that is asked of them!!
And REBOUND!!

Reaction Score
guess I'll have to go to a Ucla game, KIki Rice was the best player in the tournament and she deserved Mvp.

Reaction Score
She may only have scored 8, but oh what an 8! She has a soft touch in the lane, shoots quickly and with an impressive suddenness. No excessive fakes or dribbles. And she won't be missing layups.

Reaction Score
Our guards, Rice and Jones, played 40 minutes each. Were both players out sick guards ?

Reaction Score
Mexico cannot shoot - field goal percentage is 27% and 3 percentage is 16% and free throws 43% - only El Salvador is worse. Columbia scored 18 first half points and trailed by 16 points, Puerto Rico scored 24 first half points and trailed by 13 points vs Mexico who scored 16 points and trailed by 31. The difference is USA slept through the second half against Mexico.

I suspect Brazil and Argentina may be better than Col. and PR but Mexico is not.
Mexico, the team that "can't shoot", beat Puerto Rico by 28 and Colombia by 25.
They are, in fact, better than either of those two teams.

Reaction Score
I thought this USA team was not near the level overall of some USA teams I've seen in the past. I'm thinking they selected at least some players to give them a chance whereas in the European competitions they bring team A. I think this team showed that Ice, Kiki, Mcmahon, Kitts, Rosario could easily be on team A. They were not the teams we saw with Azzi, Paige, Citron, Betts...etc. I thought Ice was a better choice for MVP with McMahon and Rice tied for 2nd. Rice had the ball in her hands a lot and had ample opportunities to score as a result. Ice shot at a much higher percentage and was drawing the doubleteam yet still putting up good numbers. Ice had good rebounding numbers as well. I thought overall our guard play was quite weak.

Last edited:

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Ice played well in this tournament and contributed in many ways. If there's one thing I'd like to see her work on, it's her help defense and defense on the pick and roll but I'm sure Geno and staff will clean that up.

Reaction Score
What is the website that has the box scores and stats? When I go on USA Basketball, it flips into 2018. What's up with that? And no box scores. What am I doing wrong?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought this USA team was not near the level overall of some USA teams I've seen in the past. I'm thinking they selected at least some players to give them a chance whereas in the European competitions they bring team A. I think this team showed that Ice, Kiki, Mcmahon, Kitts, Rosario could easily be on team A. They were not the teams we saw with Azzi, Paige, Citron, Betts...etc. .
I agree that this year's U18 team was not as talented as, say, the 2018 version. The U18 that played in the 2018 FIBA Americas tournament included Rhyne Howard, Nalyssa Smith, Naz Hillmon, Christyn Williams, Nelson-Ododa and Ashley Joens. The 2020 U18 tournament was cancelled due to Covid.

There are no European competitions. USA junior teams compete in the FIBA Americas and the World championships. The U16 and the U18 teams compete every 2 years in the FIBA Americas tournaments. Those events serve as qualifiers for the U17 and U19 World Championships which are also every 2 years. So, the U16 (Americas) and the U19 (Worlds) teams play in the same year every other year and the U17 (Worlds) and the U18 (Americas) play in the same year every other year.

The best young US players who qualify for the U17 team are on that team and playing for a world championship. That tournament presents better competition and is tougher to win. The FIBA Americas tournament, whether U16 or U18, is much less challenging.

The U19 World Championship team is often a blend of the U17 (World) and U18 (Americas) teams from the previous year. For example, in 2019 the USA team that won gold in the World Championships included 6 players from the U17 team that won gold in 2018 but only 3 players from the 2018 team that won the FIBA Americas tournament.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Our guards, Rice and Jones, played 40 minutes each. Were both players out sick guards ?
It appears Gilbert was sick (Covid perhaps) and didn't play at all in the tournament. Ogden played sparingly in the tournament and not at all in last night's game while Nivar played 8 minutes.

Some of us questioned the guard selection. Who knows what Gilbert could have provided but the coach didn't have confidence in the guards on the bench last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom