Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship

Reaction Score
Rosario sure seems to have a knack for rebounding. Somehow she keeps snagging them. I'm fine with her even if she just rebounds and defends.

Reaction Score
It was nice to see some three pointers fall for the USA TEAM. Hopefully that will
give CANADA (we assume?) something to think about!
I thought Joni Taylor did a nice job of allowing the primary rotation players some
extra rest for tomorrow's final.

Reaction Score
FYi A FIBA U 18 team record for the USA may be eclipsed tomorrow.
Per the FIBA stats: USA has 308 rebounds for the 5 completed games
in this tournament. The USA team record for rebounds was set in 2018 with
the total that year being 352 rebounds ( 58.7 rebounds per game ). Our
308 so far averages out to 61 ++ rebounds per game. The RECORD is
in sight. Go Brady, Go Del Rosario, go entire USA TEAM. It would
also be rather nice to get the W and the GOLD!

Reaction Score
Interesting to see Ice get PT on the wing in the 2nd half. Honestly, she's more of a power forward than a post to me. I could see her getting some PT as a wing on lots of teams because she can shoot from outside. I don't see her as a wing much at Uconn. In order to make it in the WNBA she would have to be a 4. I like her soft shot. She does block out well but rebounding is not her primary game. Sets a lot of picks and defends well. She will struggle against size. In Geno's system, she can turn and shoot from the L or distribute. Sets a great pick. If you watch her closely she does block out well but doesn't really hunt for rebounds that aggressively. She stays with her man which also is important. Good team player.

Reaction Score
Kiki Rice is out of this world right now, hurt Uconn to not land her. Will be interested to see how she does at Ucla.

Reaction Score
Geno commented that she will play the high post? What if she is the best inside scorer? She's 6'3, right? That DePaul player is impressive inside and she isn't 6'3.

Notice that I said nothing but what Geno commented on about a month ago.

She is listed 6'3" but her father and a UConn poster who has stood next to her says 6'4".

Most posters say she is a 4 and she may well be one but to my eye she is the best candidate for a 5 since Stokes left.

Reaction Score
I believe her role will evolve over her 4 years and depend on who she is playing with.... next year if she is playing with Edwards, you have to think Edwards will be down low and she'll be at the high post...

Reaction Score
If either Dorka or Amari are in the game with Ice, I would prefer that Brady play the low post with Dorka/Amari in the high post. Brady is stronger and has more effective post moves. Dorka/Amari seem more comfortable away from the basket. I agree with DEpup above. Brady in the high post and Edwards down low. Principally because I think Brady will be more effective from mid-range to the 3 point line. However, it might be decided on who is guarding them. Take advantage of a mismatch, if there is one.

Reaction Score
It's going to be so interesting to see the combinations in the front court and who plays the 4 or 5 depending on their partner... you've got Brady, Deberry, Dorka, Edwards, Patterson, Griffin, and at times Ducharme in the front court....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno commented that she will play the high post? What if she is the best inside scorer? She's 6'3, right? That DePaul player is impressive inside and she isn't 6'3.
He most likely meant she’ll play the high post this year. Things may chang after Dorka leaves

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If either Dorka or Amari are in the game with Ice, I would prefer that Brady play the low post with Dorka/Amari in the high post. Brady is stronger and has more effective post moves. Dorka/Amari seem more comfortable away from the basket. I agree with DEpup above. Brady in the high post and Edwards down low. Principally because I think Brady will be more effective from mid-range to the 3 point line. However, it might be decided on who is guarding them. Take advantage of a mismatch, if there is one.
WHOEVER Geno puts on the block, they need to have great hands that can grab an entry pass and finish!!! :cool:
I don't care who he puts down there as long as they can get the job done. It would be nice if Geno didn't have to put players at a position they are not comfortable at. I'm sure every player on roster will be happy to do anything and everything that is asked of them!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Link for today's (Sunday 6/19) championship game vs Canada. I

LIVE | FINAL: Canada v USA | FIBA U18 Women’s Americas Championship 2022

Scheduled for 6/19/22, 4:30 PM
I don't know if that's ET or not. Someone can figure out the time conversion and post it please. Thanks.

1655665365227.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like 7:30 EST

P.S. Lou and the Sparks on Prime Video at 4:00 est
20:30 local in Argentina (GMT-3) is 19:30 EDT in the US (7:30 p.m) East Coast (GMT-4), 6:30 p.m Central Daylight time [same as EST for those not making the shift to EDT], 5:30 p.m MDT [same as CST], and 4:30 p.m. PDT (and MST for those in Navajo Nation of AZ), and 1:30 p.m. in Hawaii HST (no daylight "wasting time" there, only standard time, as the Sun is actually North of Pearl Harbor for the next 4 days...), and Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. in Guam, as GMT (Zulu) would be 23:30 in Greenwich, England, as GMT is Greenwich Mean Time).

The Nautical clock (chronometer) is a 24-hour clock, so one just subtracts twelve from numbers bigger than 12 (for the afternoon hours). The Admiralty was located in Greenwich, England when they "owned" the seas...

This Maritime Moment was brought to you by Bankers Life & Casualty Company, Chicago, IL....
[for you fans of Paul Harvey, ;) ;) ;) ]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
20:30 local in Argentina (GMT-3) is 19:30 EDT in the US (7:30 p.m) East Coast (GMT-4), 6:30 p.m Central Daylight time, 5:30 p.m MDT, and 4:30 p.m. PDT, and 1:30 p.m. in Hawaii HST (no daylight "wasting time" there, only standard time, as the Sun is actually North of Pearl Harbor for the next 4 days...), and Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. in Guam, as GMT (Zulu) would be 23:30 in Greenwich, England, as GMT is Greenwich Mean Time).

The Nautical clock (chronometer) is a 24-hour clock, so one just subtracts twelve from numbers bigger than 12 (for the afternoon hours). The Admiralty was located in Greenwich, England when they "owned" the seas...

This Maritime Moment was brought to you by Bankers Life & Casualty Company, Chicago, IL....
ooops .. the "est" was automatic ... I should've wrote "edt" or just "et"

Carnac

Reaction Score
20:30 local in Argentina (GMT-3) is 19:30 EDT in the US (7:30 p.m) East Coast (GMT-4), 6:30 p.m Central Daylight time [same as EST for those not making the shift to EDT], 5:30 p.m MDT [same as CST], and 4:30 p.m. PDT (and MST for those in Navajo Nation of AZ), and 1:30 p.m. in Hawaii HST (no daylight "wasting time" there, only standard time, as the Sun is actually North of Pearl Harbor for the next 4 days...), and Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. in Guam, as GMT (Zulu) would be 23:30 in Greenwich, England, as GMT is Greenwich Mean Time).

Thanks CDR. I knew somebody would come through for us. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
A link for ALL of the u18 FIBA women's games this week. [Link]

#fibau18americas
129 videos • 12 channels

Reaction Score
For those that wish to "Prognosticate", here is my hunch:
USA 75 Canada 72 MOV 3
We can also share the Championship Game MVP and
the Tournament' MVP and ?? The "beast" and/
or the " ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM. " etc.