Kwintin Williams Tweet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They shouldn't take his scholarship away.

He's a great kid.

He's not a good enough basketball player to be here or really near any good D1 program

He's taking up space, basically.

Anyone who thinks he's a professional anything needs to smack their head off a wall a few times just to make sure basic things in their brain are still firing.
Seems like a good teammate to me. The 11-13 scholarships usually are basically game time cheerleaders. It would be a mistake to treat him improperly.

Reaction Score
This tells me Akok will start playing during conference play which I guess is better than nothing. I feel for Kwintin tho. He was there through the crap year(s). Hope he doesn’t love mid year

Reaction Score
Of course he’s going to disagree, do you expect him to tweet about how he sucks at basketball?

Reaction Score
Like many posters on this board I don't get the whole Yakwe infatuation. No reason KW couldn't absorb some of those minutes. If it's over I hope he goes to a league where he can double double and be a contributor.

Reaction Score
Like many posters on this board I don't get the whole Yakwe infatuation. No reason KW couldn't absorb some of those minutes. If it's over I hope he goes to a league where he can double double and be a contributor.
I'd rather see Whaley absorb those minutes although if Akok plays and/or Diarra comes back I suspect those minute will go to them. It's going to be real interesting to see how the time is divided up. Coach is going to have to manage 12 guys who think they deserve to some run.

Reaction Score
I'd rather see Whaley absorb those minutes although if Akok plays and/or Diarra comes back I suspect those minute will go to them. It's going to be real interesting to see how the time is divided up. Coach is going to have to manage 12 guys who think they deserve to some run.
I don't think it's too hard. Now that Sid is in the fold some guys are going to lose minutes and once Diarra comes back there will be some more lost minutes most likely. Smith will lose some tic but he's a grad transfer and knows the deal, played for Bob Hurley. Brendan Adams will be effected but he's going to a higher level program than he originally was, he's a frosh, and he totally seems bought into the idea of working like crazy to earn minutes.

There are a few guys on the team who aren't UConn level players, Hurley and staff are honest with them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To KW's credit: he is 100% bought-in on the bench. Cheers for his teammates, claps, all that stuff. Clearly he's frustrated, but I wouldn't have known it until now. He seems to be understanding and appreciative of the honesty. Both these things speak to his character--he's a really great kid.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I totally forgot... I wonder how Whaley and Kwintin will feel once Diarra comes back. They will get virtually no playing time if Diarra is full go.

Reaction Score
There are some really bad leagues overseas. Some league will take him for the thrill of having "jumpman" on the court. RJ evans and Olander are two pretty crumby players that come to mind who played overseas and did alright.

Not a ton of money. But a living. The atmosphere can suck, and the owners are thugs sometimes, but if he truly loves basketball there's a spot for him...

Honestly, he might be best off trying to become a dunking celebrity something like "the professor"
Tyler had way more basketball skills than KW. TO started on a championship team so and played good minutes against a few teams including Syracuse. That is more we can say about KW who is basically just a dunker and no much else.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Update: It appears Kwintin has deleted his Twitter account.

Reaction Score
Wow. Deleted his account, now that the media has run with a story that he’s leaving based on a tweet that could mean a million different things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom