Kwintin Williams Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They shouldn't take his scholarship away.
As people pointed out above you can't take away someone's scholarship mid-year. It doesn't work like that. And even if Kwintin left school you can't give away that scholarship the rest of the year to someone else.

Kwintin should finish school and graduate. IMHO. Someone else is paying for it, so he might as well.

Reaction Score
Kwintin can play pro somewhere, or maybe for the Globetrotters. I wish him well whatever his path may be.

Reaction Score
If Akok does end up playing the second half the year, anyone think he plays the 5 for us for relatively extended minutes? I personally like the idea a little more of AG, Jalen, Cv/Sid, Polley, Akok- versus Akok bumping Polley & replacing it w/ Cobb/Carlton

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Akok does end up playing the second half the year, anyone think he plays the 5 for us for relatively extended minutes? I personally like the idea a little more of AG, Jalen, Cv/Sid, Polley, Akok- versus Akok bumping Polley & replacing it w/ Cobb/Carlton
I hope not against quality competition, Akok is not a center. This will turn into Majok 2.0.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kwintin could make plenty overseas. Don't feel too bad.
Could he? He really looks lost on the court most of the time. Regardless, he is a likable kid and I wish the best for him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There were some whispers about this with KW before AA committed, for what its worth.

Reaction Score
Whaley isn’t getting any time (which is a bad decision in my opinion)

Carlton and Cobb are playing but never at same time.

Sid is going to take minutes at the 4

Diarra isn’t healthy yet but will be soon.

Yakwe sucks but Hurley likes him.

I think Kwintin is just realizing he is not going to play. I really hope he stays to graduate, if possible.

Reaction Score
Amore wrote in his Akok piece that if KW leaves it could open up a scholly. Can we please make sure this is factually correct before publishing it and effectively forcing KW out the door?

Reaction Score
Amore wrote in his Akok piece that if KW leaves it could open up a scholly. Can we please make sure this is factually correct before publishing it and effectively forcing KW out the door?
Yeah, and it reads like he wrote the entire thing based on the tweet. It’s one thing for guys like us on a message board to just speculate, but it’s really irresponsible for him to do so in a paper unless he knows more information.

Reaction Score
Is this accurate? Did he actually research the rule book or is he just reading boneyard?

Attachments

• D6392E35-4B91-4F0B-8FBF-5B89AE0D1908.jpeg
    D6392E35-4B91-4F0B-8FBF-5B89AE0D1908.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 395

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, and it reads like he wrote the entire thing based on the tweet. It’s one thing for guys like us on a message board to just speculate, but it’s really irresponsible for him to do so in a paper unless he knows more information.
And that has stopped DA before????

Reaction Score
I can't believe that people think he can play pro hoops anywhere. That's wild.

He seems like a wonderful kid. But he stinks.

There are some really bad leagues overseas. Some league will take him for the thrill of having "jumpman" on the court. RJ evans and Olander are two pretty crumby players that come to mind who played overseas and did alright.

Not a ton of money. But a living. The atmosphere can suck, and the owners are thugs sometimes, but if he truly loves basketball there's a spot for him...

Honestly, he might be best off trying to become a dunking celebrity something like "the professor"

Reaction Score
His scholly must be going. This isn’t a good look for Hurley if that’s the case. Wouldn’t be in favor of this.
Hurley maybe told him or he realized there’s no pt for him. No way he’s forced out but if he can go make money and play everyday what’s so terrible? Not sure if we want Akok out there yet, because what if he is 1/2 and done?

Reaction Score
Ollie reached hard on this kid at a truly desperate point in UConn history. Seems like Hurley has been nothing but straight with him. He got an opportunity to play meaningful basketball for one of the greatest college basketball programs ever. I hope he can parlay that into making a bunch of money somewhere. If not, hopefully he gets his degree. Maybe he can even grad transfer to a smaller school for next year? I know I'll be rooting for him from now on.

For now, I hope he continues to be a good teammate. And I also hope he throws it down hard for us in garbage time a few more times.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Kwint also tweeted and quickly deleted two things:

“I’m like Zach Lavine with less minutes”

And

“I’m like Zach Lavine at UCLA”

Might not be word for word, I couldn’t screen grab them in time.

Reaction Score
Kwint also tweeted and quickly deleted two things:

“I’m like Zach Lavine with less minutes”

And

“I’m like Zach Lavine at UCLA”

Might not be word for word, I couldn’t screen grab them in time.
This is a joke I hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog