Kim English to PC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kim English to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
IMO, this is an awful hire. Pat Kelsey would have been a much better option. English was solid at George Mason. If you want to grab a mid-major coach to lead your program, you need a stud. English is solid, but he's not a stud.

Reaction Score
I have a weird feeling that this might work out well for you guys. You were a joke when Cooley took over, and now you’re solid, but that guy is not a good in-game coach and I don’t think he was ever getting you to the next level. Maybe this new guy is good. You never know.

Either way at least you’re not paying 6 mil for an above average but nowhere near great coach.

Reaction Score
Val, coming out endorsing this because the league needs GT to be successful might be accurate, but was a bad look How do you do one of your teams like that?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I don't think this makes Providence look as good as you think it does. One of two things are true:

1) Providence knew Cooley was having this relationship and PC and its fans were totally cool with it until Cooley left, at which point they leaked a rumor that they had known was happening for years just to hurt Cooley's reputation; or

2) Providence fans made up a malicious rumor to slander their ex-coach.

Both of those are bad looks for Providence and its fans.

Reaction Score
Just my humble opinion here. Unfortunately, most modern press reporting has agendas attached, be it sports, politics, you name it. Used to be, a reporter reported the story, and left the reader to weigh the facts against the fiction. Too many folks are compensated to tell lies in our society these days, without personal consequence. Nowadays, a skilled liar gets promoted.
deep

caw

Reaction Score
I don't think this makes Providence look as good as you think it does. One of two things are true:

1) Providence knew Cooley was having this relationship and PC and its fans were totally cool with it until Cooley left, at which point they leaked a rumor that they had known was happening for years just to hurt Cooley's reputation; or

2) Providence fans made up a malicious rumor to slander their ex-coach.

Both of those are bad looks for Providence and its fans.

Both are a very Boston sports media thing to do, so is it shocking either way?

Reaction Score
Chief tried to warn people. But, it was also a failure in conference leadership, which quite frankly we saw all season with officiating as UConn followers, based on personal grudges.

Reaction Score
This may well be true but she should have been smart enough to realize that there are cookies in DC too. In fact, there are likely a lot more there than in RI.
People are assuming this whole personal narrative is true about what the move will bring. This is interesting, since this hasn’t exactly been a journey of truth. A counter narrative would be it is a journey to “freedom”.

Reaction Score
Val, coming out endorsing this because the league needs GT to be successful might be accurate, but was a bad look How do you do one of your teams like that?
She’s been a disaster this season.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't really care who they hired, as long as it wasn't Kimani. Or any of our assistants for that matter.

Reaction Score
I don't really care who they hired, as long as it wasn't Kimani. Or any of our assistants for that matter.

I want our assistant coaches punching above their weight class when they get their first jobs. I'd be ecstatic if Luke or Kimani got hired by a Big East team.

Kimani in particularly really is ready to go. He's paid his dues as an assistant. Raising his kids on his own, I think his mom still lives with him. And I know he faced a bunch of discrimination early in his career because he's a felon. He deserves head coach $$$.

Reaction Score
I want our assistant coaches punching above their weight class when they get their first jobs. I'd be ecstatic if Luke or Kimani got hired by a Big East team.

Kimani in particularly really is ready to go. He's paid his dues as an assistant. Raising his kids on his own, I think his mom still lives with him. And I know he faced a bunch of discrimination early in his career because he's a felon. He deserves head coach $$$.
He definitely deserves it but fortunately I'm sure he is doing more than alright with his AHC salary. Believe he makes around 750K plus incentives.

Reaction Score
He definitely deserves it but fortunately I'm sure he is doing more than alright with his AHC salary. Believe he makIes around 750K plus incentives.

I think 750k was with incentives... IIRC his base salary was 575k. Which is going to be better than many (all?) low-major jobs. I just don't see how he is going to be able to jump right to an A10 level or better coaching job right now when he's never head-coached a game other than AAU.

Reaction Score
English is obvious an unknown quantity as a head coach. At Mason, he was making $450 thousand a year with incentives that could double it. My guess is that he is now in the 1.5 million range at PCU.

Does anyone know if he will bring any of his George mason players with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom