Kim English to PC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kim English to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fanta sounded like an idiot too. I like Fanta and he didnt look as bad as Goodman, but Fanta soft shoed this way too much.

"Ed cant go to dinner in Providence without attention"

I mean what the hell is that weak sauce, Fanta? Dont be a Goodman leve..l boot licker.
Fanta is too busy being a Pitino fanboy

Reaction Score
And you don't think she knows the DC lay out?

What's the over/under she's hoping ED get caught with his pants down? He's her investment. She just upped her settlement monies by pushing him to Georgetown.

This is the smart play way!
And she might get quite a bit of extortion goods before it reaches that point. This is like telling an alcoholic to become a bartender. All due respect to Sam Malone, 99% of the time it's a terrible idea.

Reaction Score
What everyone is incensed about is that we all know the reason Cooley is leaving but he has his sycophant press whores like Goodman and Fanta lying about it and in turn damaging PC which is now incredibly a rival school for him.

here are the Field of 68 videos:
(16 min)
INSTANT REACTION to Ed Cooley leaving Providence for Georgetown!! | Coaching Carousel 2023 (11 min)

Friar J can answer your question definitively, but if I had to guess he is referring to those videos. Goodman and Fanta state that Ed just needed a change and more of a challenge and that he couldn't go anywhere in Providence without being asked to have a picture taken and kiss babies, blah blah, etc. In DC, Cooley and his wife can walk around without being accosted as not everyone in DC will know who he is.

I have read on here as well as Friar Talk about Cooley having extra marital affair(s) and that his wife gave him an ultimatum either he can 1) stay in Providence and they get divorced or 2) they stay married, but go to DC. The internet is a wonderful and ground breaking thing for humanity, but it also means misinformation and rumors can take a life of their own. Is this misinformation/rumor mongering or is this truth? I don't know, I am not Batman, the world's greatest detective. I doubt we ever find out definitively as reporters are really not going to dig into this, nor am I asking them to. Certainly, Fanta and Goodman, or any college basketball/sports reporter will not talk about this.

Goodman and Fanta also state that PC might have hit their ceiling last year with a Sweet 16 appearance and that Cooley knew he would never go beyond that. There is some truth to PC having that hard ceiling, but there is a lot more to his decision to leave for Georgetown than just the ceiling.

What a ridiculous excuse. I guess he needs to make sure he never accidentally makes a run in the tournament. You know, just to make sure he doesn’t become famous. He should be coaching high school ball if that’s what they’re worried about.

Reaction Score

The entire thing puzzled me until the personal stuff came up. I live in DC. There is zero buzz around Georgetown. There is not much in the media about the Cooley hiring. There was an article and a column by Feinstein which basically mentions John Thompson over and over then eventually gets to Cooley. Read the comments if you want to see how underwhelming the move was.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

It's unbelievable. This is an all time heel turn, only heel turn that could ever compare is when Larry Zbyszko hit Bruno Sammartino over the head with a wooden chair until he was lying in a pool of blood.

I've never seen anything remotely like this in College Basketball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The more he talks at Georgetown, the more I wonder if he is going to survive it.

He’s certifiably nuts - he might think he’s God. That flies when the lil local media is carrying water for you, but I am not sure he’s gonna survive the Washington Post.

His press conference was….oof. And then he forced the athletic department’s other coaches, some of whom are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more successful than he has been, to line up like dorks so he could lecture them.

He is out there.

Reaction Score
The more he talks at Georgetown, the more I wonder if he is going to survive it.

He’s certifiably nuts - he might think he’s God. That flies when the lil local media is carrying water for you, but I am not sure he’s gonna survive the Washington Post.

His press conference was….oof. And then he forced the athletic department’s other coaches, some of whom are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more successful than he has been, to line up like dorks so he could lecture them.

He is out there.
Can't wait for the energy bucket and red pants.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can't wait for the energy bucket and red pants.

I think that maybe his crazy was easier to hide with the water-carrying slobs on the PC media beat….I wonder how it will fly with, say, the Washington Post?

He‘s on campus now lecturing everyone on how to do their jobs lol

Reaction Score
I think that maybe his crazy was easier to hide with the water-carrying slobs on the PC media beat….I wonder how it will fly with, say, the Washington Post?

He‘s on campus now lecturing everyone on how to do their jobs lol
Then there's this quote....

Screenshot 2023-03-22 162609.jpg

Reaction Score
The entire thing puzzled me until the personal stuff came up. I live in DC. There is zero buzz around Georgetown. There is not much in the media about the Cooley hiring. There was an article and a column by Feinstein which basically mentions John Thompson over and over then eventually gets to Cooley. Read the comments if you want to see how underwhelming the move was.

Some coverage is better than none. Beginning in early January, the Washington Post quietly stopped sending reporters to covering Georgetown basketball and the beat reporter was moved to Maryland women's basketball. Some games didn't even get an AP wire story.

The post-game Ewing press conferences were down to the AP freelancer and some bloggers. One ended in under three minutes.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some coverage is better than none. Beginning in early January, the Post quietly stopped covering all Georgetown basketball and the beat reporter was moved to Maryland women's basketball. The post-game Ewing press conferences were down to the AP freelancer and some bloggers. One ended in under four minutes.

Interesting.

Serious question. Obviously you guys desperately needed a change (I liked Patrick, but he just couldn't get it done) and you had your program go after a decent candidate. (we will put aside the interconference thing now, that's a tough subject on its own) . At first that must've given fans some optimism to see the program committing to something different. Has the craziness of the last couple days taken any of the shine off this?

Reaction Score
Some coverage is better than none. Beginning in early January, the Washington Post quietly stopped sending reporters to covering Georgetown basketball and the beat reporter was moved to Maryland women's basketball. Some games didn't even get an AP wire story.

The post-game Ewing press conferences were down to the AP freelancer and some bloggers. One ended in under three minutes.

yeah, true. Georgetown is at the lowest of the lows and below rock bottom so any coverage is better than none. When there is indifference, like not having reporters specifically cover the team, that is incredibly troublesome. If Cooley can get Georgetown to NCAAT berths, there will be more press coverage and buzz for sure.

Question for you: Do you visit and comment on casualhoya.com or is there a bigger Georgetown Hoyas forum you comment on?

Reaction Score
Interesting.

Serious question. Obviously you guys desperately needed a change (I liked Patrick, but he just couldn't get it done) and you had your program go after a decent candidate. (we will put aside the interconference thing now, that's a tough subject on its own) . At first that must've given fans some optimism to see the program committing to something different. Has the craziness of the last couple days taken any of the shine off this?
I am going to guess no assuming CasualHoya.com is reasonable sample, which I acknowledge it might not be.

And if you think Friar fans hated UConn Husky fans and the UConn Huskies, and I know I am overgeneralizing using Friar Talk as a sample, they are going really hate Georgetown and their fans even more than they have the last few days. Check this out:

PROVIDENCE CRIERS: Friars Fan Reactions to Georgetown Hiring Cooley​

There were 1 or 2 that were underwhelmed by the Ed Cooley hire to be fair, but many are excited and kind of rubbing it in on PC fans.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My goodness the gall.

So genuinely curious, as a Providence fan, was everyone aware of this guy’s “quirkiness” for lack of a better term? Or is everything sort of coming to light now after this debacle?
J and others on twitter/scout board have implied eEd’s got a lot of skeletons in his walk-in closet. We will see if anyone gets some out there in traditional media. I laughed at Cooley getting cocked at his introductory press conference after party on White Russians. (PC presser, not today).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The second post seems to indicate you are just learning about the situation (s) you allude to in the first post. Do you have sources who you consider reliable who are now disclosing this to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom