Khadary Richmond | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Khadary Richmond

Reaction Score
Richmond did the same thing over and over. Got the ball on the right side of the court. Backed down the defender (or drove on him). Shot from two feet away.
You left out the unabated part

Reaction Score
Exactly what they did, nothing. This 'rule' only applies to UConn.

Butler sucks. You want us to be like Butler?

The "rule" applies to every team that expects to be successful in their league. That includes high school JV coaches, up to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Other than try 4 different defenders on him, all who had no chance

Trying different defenders is one adjustment. The obvious adjustment is a zone, but we don't do that. So you have to, have to, HAVE to, double aggressively and make someone else beat you. This feels like Hurley's "don't play Sanogo vs SJU" last year game. He totally blew it as a coach.

Luckily, he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice. I expect he'll do better going forward.

He also had 4 points in the last 14 minutes of the game. Maybe he didn't change fast enough for some people, but saying he didn't change anything is incorrect

Name the adjustment Hurley made to cause that to happen. You can't, no one can--because it didn't. Kadary just cooled off on his own when he ran out of gas.

Reaction Score
Trying different defenders is one adjustment. The obvious adjustment is a zone, but we don't do that. So you have to, have to, HAVE to, double aggressively and make someone else beat you. This feels like Hurley's "don't play Sanogo vs SJU" last year game. He totally blew it as a coach.

Luckily, he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice. I expect he'll do better going forward.

Name the adjustment Hurley made to cause that to happen. You can't, no one can--because it didn't. Kadary just cooled off on his own when he ran out of gas.
I thought there was a couple of times we doubled him in the post and forced a pass out which was good, but it's also going back a few weeks so my memory very well could be wrong

Reaction Score
I thought there was a couple of times we doubled him in the post and forced a pass out which was good, but it's also going back a few weeks so my memory very well could be wrong

That's a standard part of our defense--I'm sure it happened. Automatically doubling from the corner is an adjustment. Houston is exceptional at this type of adjustment and has been for years under Sampson.

Reaction Score
9:02 - Martin on defense, 1 on 1, contested 3

8:15 - Cole, 1 on 1, non factor

7:36 - Martin, Richmond posts up and Whaley doubles, turnover

7:06 - Martin, 1 on 1, Richmond layup

6:30 - Martin, 1 on 1, non factor

6:00 - Martin, Whaley half helped but never came over, missed layup

5:20 - Cole (transition), non factor

5:00 - Martin, non factor

4:00 - Martin, uncontested bad 3 from Richmond

Rest of regulation he was on the bench or a non-factor on the last 2 possessions

OT
4:20 - Martin, Whaley helps on the drive and pokes it away, turnover

3:50 - Martin falls over, Richmond passes up a wide open FT line jumper

2:00 - a bunch of Martin in 1 on 1 situations, non factor

0:30 - for some reason Whaley was put on Richmond, we all know how that went

TLDR: mostly just Martin on Richmond with the occasional help from Whaley, and Richmond standing around doing nothing

Reaction Score
Exactly what they did, nothing. This 'rule' only applies to UConn.

Martin was all over the court shooting threes from both sides, cutting to the basket, out on the break. Complete different from what Richmond did.

Reaction Score
We all should recognize by now, Hurley is no basketball savant when it comes to in-game management. Of course you adjust to the hot hand. The arguments otherwise are dumb. They could have doubled, moved to a 2-3 zone, moved to a box and 1, changed to a smaller, quicker player denying the ball, put in a back up to more get physical and harass co...None of which may have worked or it might have worked. All that said, the team is winning and looks pretty decent compared to the $11 Million crap show preceding Hurley.

Reaction Score
Butler sucks. You want us to be like Butler?

The "rule" applies to every team that expects to be successful in their league. That includes high school JV coaches, up to the NBA.
You guys either need a drink or joint. The answer was a sarcastic response to what should Butler have done to Martin when he was going off.

Now look at my answer. (Leave our hot hand alone.)

Reaction Score
So nobody had career games against a Calhoun team, just like how nobody could score against Ricky Moore.
6'1" Elijah mfin Allen against a Calhoun team and Ricky Moore.

Reaction Score
Against who? Not the UConn game. Against UConn he looked like an old school slightly overweight dude tearing up a lunch time YMCA team. He just bull rushed and bullied every UConn defender from the perimeter to the rim. Only thing he did signifying "career game" status was one of his 3's. Everything else took less than spectacular athleticism or skill.

LOL. That was a classic NBA bully ball ISO performance. He isn't as good as that performance. hurley was stunned that the kid was capable of doing that.

Reaction Score
So nobody had career games against a Calhoun team, just like how nobody could score against Ricky Moore.
Open the playbook young fellow, there’s all kinds of schemes with different looks you can throw at him. There’s more you can do than rotating defenders in the same scheme. Many ways to deny the ball, send help, take away what’s working, give different looks including flash zones.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly to me Richmond except against us has been underwhelming in his first year with the pirates. He’s playing less than I thought and doesn’t look as good as I remember from the tourney games he played in last year with cuse.

Reaction Score
I still don’t believe that K thought Langdon going one on one against Moore was going to work. No one who had watched him play all year could possibly believe that was a good plan
I was watching UConn play Georgetown with a friend of mine in the 90s. When Allen Iverson was in the NBA a few years later we were both doing residency in Philadelphia. We were watching the 76ers play. He looks at me and asks "what ever happened to Ricky Moore? He was the only guy who I ever saw stay in front of Iverson. I can't believe he is not in the NBA".

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Surprisingly to me Richmond except against us has been underwhelming in his first year with the pirates. He’s playing less than I thought and doesn’t look as good as I remember from the tourney games he played in last year with cuse.
I think he’s a talented player. I’m also happy we missed twice. His biggest problem is that he gets lazy on defense, and is a little inconsistent on offense.

Reaction Score
If Richmond was here he would drive the BY crazy. He’s certainly not a pg. Watching Seton Hall without Aiken and praying Cole stays healthy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom