Khadary Richmond | The Boneyard

Khadary Richmond

Reaction Score
The kid was in a zone. Tyrese was in one Thursday. Obviously the kid has real talent, I think he will develop. His play against us was amazing. Isn't that what college hoops is all about? The games/players you remember.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It’s why I said at the time there was zero reason for Hurley to design a special plan for him. You kinda don’t know an unexpected player is going off until he’s gone off. We actually did adjust but the damage was done. That’s hoops. Georgetown gave Nova a run for their money until the last few minutes and if some of their crazy long 3 attempts had gone in, the game would’ve stayed close. Ball goes in the hoop you look great.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It’s why I said at the time there was zero reason for Hurley to design a special plan for him. You kinda don’t know an unexpected player is going off until he’s gone off. We actually did adjust but the damage was done. That’s hoops. Georgetown gave Nova a run for their money until the last few minutes and if some of their crazy long 3 attempts had gone in, the game would’ve stayed close. Ball goes in the hoop you look great.
It would be kinda cool if someone who dislikes a post actually posted a reply to explain what was wrong or inaccurate. Kinda chickenpoo to just dislike. It is a discussion board after all. I for one don’t mind being questioned.

Reaction Score

17 in a row before we adjusted. We aren’t talking 15-18 footers during his streak against us we’re talking 3-5 footers for the majority. It was an awful job not adjusting there’s no defense of us allowing that to happen.

Reaction Score
17 in a row before we adjusted. We aren’t talking 15-18 footers during his streak against us we’re talking 3-5 footers for the majority. It was an awful job not adjusting there’s no defense of us allowing that to happen.
Adjusted? His was scoring post ups on Whaley. Who exactly was supposed to guard him

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So today if even half the shots he missed went in (I didn’t see the game so don’t know his shot selection) after what he did to us. Mike Anderson should quit for his team allowing Richmond to take 19 shots. I still say, how do you know when a kid who hasn’t gone off against anyone is going off all of a sudden, at 3 for 3, 4-4, 5-6, inside and some outside? They did adjust and yes, the horse was out of the barn, but if I recall, the last big shot he made near the end after we had adjusted, he was heavily contested, was off balance and still banked it in. It was a day he hasn’t had all year. So if you adjust a few shots earlier to him - and that, I think is the earliest you could logically say an adjustment maybe should be made - you need to make sure the guys you originally had to try and make sure didn’t burn you are accounted for. Look what Polley did to Auburn, and Polley, unlike Richmond, already had the reputation of a guy who could go off.

Reaction Score
So today if even half the shots he missed went in (I didn’t see the game so don’t know his shot selection) after what he did to us. Mike Anderson should quit for his team allowing Richmond to take 19 shots. I still say, how do you know when a kid who hasn’t gone off against anyone is going off all of a sudden, at 3 for 3, 4-4, 5-6, inside and some outside? They did adjust and yes, the horse was out of the barn, but if I recall, the last big shot he made near the end after we had adjusted, he was heavily contested, was off balance and still banked it in. It was a day he hasn’t had all year. So if you adjust a few shots earlier to him - and that, I think is the earliest you could logically say an adjustment maybe should be made - you need to make sure the guys you originally had to try and make sure didn’t burn you are accounted for. Look what Polley did to Auburn, and Polley, unlike Richmond, already had the reputation of a guy who could go off.
You can’t be serious. If he goes 3-19, you let him shoot all day. If he scores 17 in a row, somewhere along the way you do something different.

I’m assuming you are joking.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But Hurley was an idiot for trying to let him shoot out of his streak.
Yup, a guy who hasn’t been that hot since high school Hurley “letting” shoot out of his streak. After exactly how many baskets in that streak should Hurley have reacted? Say he reacts two or three shots earlier and someone else scores instead, then everyone is happy, right?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
And who do we sluff off of? At what point do we do that? He hadn’t been that hot all year or since. Hind sight is easy.
If someone is able to consistently get layups you need to throw a double or another scheme at him. If you’re expecting him to stop making layups, you’re not going to win. I can tell you with certainty he hasn’t gotten the same shots he got against us since. As @mauconnfan said, if he’s dropping tough 3s that’s one thing. If he’s getting himself easy shots over and over that’s a defensive problem.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When he’s in the middle of scoring 17 in a row, it ain’t hindsight. Which is when we were all screaming/pleading/begging for an adjustment.

You are really really bad at this.
Explain. That was a really bad statement.

Reaction Score
If someone is able to consistently get layups you need to throw a double or another scheme at him. If you’re expecting him to stop making layups, you’re not going to win. I can tell you with certainty he hasn’t gotten the same shots he got against us since. As @mauconnfan said, if he’s dropping tough 3s that’s one thing. If he’s getting himself easy shots over and over that’s a defensive problem.
He wasn’t getting “easy” shots. He posted up the defensive player of the year and got an and one. He hit 2 threes with a hand in his throat. Hurley was banking on him returning to his averages. Hurley probably didn’t want to double Richmond as that’s what Willard wanted him to do. So Rhoden, Aiken, and Cale could get off. There wasn’t an obvious solution is the point.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Im
I’m pretty sure he made a few jumpers in the streak.I’m not saying don’t adjust. Im saying tell me when you knew there needed to be an adjustment to a kid who doesn’t go off like that? Don’t tell me after two shots.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When he’s in the middle of scoring 17 in a row, it ain’t hindsight. Which is when we were all screaming/pleading/begging for an adjustment.

You are really really bad at this.
When did you know he was going to score 17 points, when he had scored 7, 10, 12, 17? I need you to be my investment guy since you knew when he was in the middle of scoring 17.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That opens up other issues, like a guy being open… Doubling a guard is much more difficult than doubling a big
What’s really interesting is if anyone bothers to look at Big East scores, there is not a hell of a lot of predictability of anything. So we got the short end of a kid doing something he never does. And there isn’t a person here who can say that for every inside hoop he scored, if he’d passed back out someone might’ve hit a 3. Then Hurley would be a jerk for paying so much attention to Richmond.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t getting “easy” shots. He posted up the defensive player of the year and got an and one. He hit 2 threes with a hand in his throat. Hurley was banking on him returning to his averages. Hurley probably didn’t want to double Richmond as that’s what Willard wanted him to do. So Rhoden, Aiken, and Cale could get off. There wasn’t an obvious solution is the point.

It wasn’t just Whaley it was everyone. Let’s make this real simple, we care out of a time out after 17 in a row and to the staffs defense they immediately doubled from the opposite side of the lane. He threw it away, his pass was deflected. It really took that long to come up with that after watching him torch multiple defenders? Not sure how you and Cohen can see anything else other than a complete miss by the staff for too long in that game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It wasn’t just Whaley it was everyone. Let’s make this real simple, we care out of a time out after 17 in a row and to the staffs defense they immediately doubled from the opposite side of the lane. He threw it away, his pass was deflected. It really took that long to come up with that after watching him torch multiple defenders? Not sure how you and Cohen can see anything else other than a complete miss by the staff for too long in that game.
As I said, how many made shots earlier would you have adjusted. Remember: this guy had zero history of doing what he was doing. I didn’t say never adjust, I said pick a point where you think it was time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You can’t be serious. If he goes 3-19, you let him shoot all day. If he scores 17 in a row, somewhere along the way you do something different.

I’m assuming you are joking.
I assume you knew he was about to score 17 in a row. A guy who never scored 17 in a row. I want your power of foresight. As I said, they did adjust, you wanted it sooner. Fine. After which made shot should they have adjusted?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom