Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 810 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
This is why we should just embrace independence and stop focusing on trying to get into a football league. What's the point? All the power is concentrated in 2 leagues, which we have no chance at getting invited into. The other leagues will get a token but the reality is nobody but the upper echelon of the Big 10, SEC, Big12 and ACC will have a realistic shot at a football championship. The whole thing stinks.

Reaction Score
This is why we should just embrace independence and stop focusing on trying to get into a football league. What's the point? All the power is concentrated in 2 leagues, which we have no chance at getting invited into. The other leagues will get a token but the reality is nobody but the upper echelon of the Big 10, SEC, Big12 and ACC will have a realistic shot at a football championship. The whole thing stinks.

Nope, either get into a league or we eventually drop football altogether, Independence is a complete disaster.

Reaction Score
2) rivalries
3) playing for something
4) stability

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"The remaining three bids would go the highest-ranked teams still available, regardless of whether they’re in a conference and/or independent Notre Dame."

UConn has fallen off the face of the earth.
No conference title to play for. No path to a national title. Serious question: why keep the sport?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is why we should just embrace independence and stop focusing on trying to get into a football league. What's the point?
Hustling Pay Day GIF

Reaction Score
the only reason I can see for so many autobids is they still plan on relying on a human committee rather than a mathematical formula. This is ultimately about politics and ensuring certain brands.

Reaction Score
The college presidents, who are not businessmen, have absolutely destroyed college athletics.

The football and playoff/invitational is going to be awful.

The obsession wit having. A college football tournament is dumb. The games aren’t gonna be competitive.

Reaction Score
The college presidents, who are not businessmen, have absolutely destroyed college athletics.

The football and playoff/invitational is going to be awful.

The obsession wit having. A college football tournament is dumb. The games aren’t gonna be competitive.
Presidents don't know about any of this. I've talked to 2 of them about their D1 sports programs as I sat at a game watching from their booth. They really are lead by their ADs as to what is going on. #1 job is keeping the trustees and donors alumni happy-- also politicians. Otherwise, they treat this stuff as a sacred cow. They very well know that Presidents have been fired when the ADs have used leverage (BOT and politicians) whenever a President tried to rein any of this in.

Reaction Score
Presidents don't know about any of this. I've talked to 2 of them about their D1 sports programs as I sat at a game watching from their booth. They really are lead by their ADs as to what is going on. #1 job is keeping the trustees and donors alumni happy-- also politicians. Otherwise, they treat this stuff as a sacred cow. They very well know that Presidents have been fired when the ADs have used leverage (BOT and politicians) whenever a President tried to rein any of this in.
Who can ever forget Gordon Gee at OSU saying publicly he hoped Jim Tressel didn't fire him?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
14 is to many teams.
Notre Dame is given too much deference
"G5," too little

So much money breeds corruption and the only reason for a committee is to deflect blame from any one individual, yet backslap and take credit when it goes smooth. The old bowl system would work better at this point.

Personally I don't think I've intentionally sat down to watch a non-UConn game, beginning to end, in the last 4 years.

Make the model the top 2 G5 teams country fill the rest out according to the "BCS" formula or simply the AP poll.

Reaction Score
Presidents make the decisions. The board makes the decisions. The ADs have a lot of lee way as senior managers, but this is a CEO level decision in many cases.

And, they are ill informed

Reaction Score
Presidents make the decisions. The board makes the decisions. The ADs have a lot of lee way as senior managers, but this is a CEO level decision in many cases.

And, they are ill informed
Supposedly, the Big 10 Presidents wanted to add Stanford and Cal, but Fox said no.

Reaction Score
the only reason I can see for so many autobids is they still plan on relying on a human committee rather than a mathematical formula.

Uh no. The reason is always $$$.

Even if your conference has a bad year, you get guaranteed slots. AND perhaps more importantly you limit the ability of G5 teams to break in, even in their best of years.

This year it would been
1 2 7 from BiG - Mich wash ohst
3 4 6 from SEC - Tex Al Ga
5 15 from ACC - FSU Lou
14 20 from B12 - Ariz OkSt
19 G5 —OreSt
8 9 10 AtLarge — Ore Mo PSU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics