Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 811 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

I remember watching him on a studio show after the Patriots got blasted (I believe by the Chiefs) when he gleefully said something to the effect "we just saw the end of Tom Brady". Brady went on the win the Superbowl that season and play in two more.

I think this is all clearly inevitable, but not going to put stock in a Dilfer prediction.

Reaction Score
Nope, either get into a league or we eventually drop football altogether, Independence is a complete disaster.
What league though, any old league that plays football or are you talking P4,(B1G, SEC, Big 12, ACC)?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who absolutely loves to see the ACC and B12 get screwed royally?
Be careful about where you find enjoyment.

At the moment it appears to be only impacting football but in time it will spread. One major reason there has been discussion on expanding the tournament is because the P-2 will expect 60+% of their conference to make the dance every year, even after each exceeds 20 members. A large part of their plan is to marginalize the other conferences (included the other members of the current P-6).

With the additional revenues, they'll be able to slowly build separation in men's hoops as well. Alabama anbd Auburn were never basketball powers yet they past few years each has fielded teams that spent time in the top five and have been as talented as the top few schools in the country. Give members of the B1G and SEC a decade or so with the obscene projected revenue gap and it will be far easier for them to build solid programs while many top schools outside the P-2 slowly shrink their budgets.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who absolutely loves to see the ACC and B12 get screwed royally?
You’re not alone. I love how the media big-heads are NOW ringing the alarm bells. No one shed a tear for the Old Big East. A little whimper last summer for the PAC. Too late. Let the whole system collapse and let football break off into NFL-Lite.

Reaction Score
I've been trying to tell people forever it's not power 5 or power 4, it's power 2. Uconn football is screwed but so are a bunch of other football programs all around the country.
True. UConn being screwed isnt that big of a deal when 40 other programs around our caliber are also screwed.

Reaction Score

At the moment it appears to be only impacting football but in time it will spread. One major reason there has been discussion on expanding the tournament is because the P-2 will expect 60+% of their conference to make the dance every year, even after each exceeds 20 members. A large part of their plan is to marginalize the other conferences (included the other members of the current P-6).

With the additional revenues, they'll be able to slowly build separation in men's hoops as well. Alabama anbd Auburn were never basketball powers yet they past few years each has fielded teams that spent time in the top five and have been as talented as the top few schools in the country. Give members of the B1G and SEC a decade or so with the obscene projected revenue gap and it will be far easier for them to build solid programs while many top schools outside the P-2 slowly shrink their budgets.
It will be hard for them to completely isolate the BE, which has won 8 of the past 25 championships. Or 9 if you count the one removed from Louisville.

Reaction Score

From what I have heard, the powers to be have been told to not mess with one of the most valuable and followed events in sports. Tweaking like adding a few more spots? Sure, but no major changes. The NCAA media contract runs through 2032 so you wouldn't see a major change that many on here fear for at least 10 years.

As a side note, unlike the CFP, the NCAA men's basketball tournament impacts almost every single 4 year college in the US either through participation or financial benefit. That is a real political minefield.

Reaction Score
Of course it will spread.

The bigger conferences will seek ways to corner the media dollars for themselves. They know that in the near future all of these athletes will be on their payroll.

Hopefully the Big East will be south of the wall.

Reaction Score
Of course it will spread.

The bigger conferences will seek ways to corner the media dollars for themselves. They know that in the near future all of these athletes will be on their payroll.

Hopefully the Big East will be south of the wall.
The Big East is actually in a great position to get swallowed up as part of their cartel. They don't have to feed them with football dollars but they get a whole region of the country and more programming in the winter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom