Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 812 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The Big East is actually in a great position to get swallowed up as part of their cartel. They don't have to feed them with football dollars but they get a whole region of the country and more programming in the winter.
If at the end of all this there's an appetite for watching college sports in the entire northeast and the Pacific coast, I'll be amazed.

Reaction Score
If at the end of all this there's an appetite for watching college sports in the entire northeast and the Pacific coast, I'll be amazed.
The Northeast has never been a part of the college football word, those college basketball fans aren't going away.

Reaction Score

Burn it all down.

They will keep raising prices for everything and then the collectives will beg for everyone’s money.

We need two divisions

College Pro Sports

College Sports Classic

Reaction Score
If you don't count Syracuse, Pitt and Penn State as the northeast your right. Cuse with Don McPherson and Donovan McNabb had some great teams.
BC too

Reaction Score
Certainly has potential to be that way. The power 2 has gotten way out ahead of themselves because they see all the money and power.

Reaction Score
The Big East is actually in a great position to get swallowed up as part of their cartel. They don't have to feed them with football dollars but they get a whole region of the country and more programming in the winter.
No. Cartels don't like to share. They're getting past the stage of conscientious forethought and moving into the two ton gorilla phase.

Reaction Score
Why would they want to dilute their basketball with more mouths to feed?

Reaction Score
Because they'd presumably be paid more for more content. It's not like the basketball only teams would get paid much.

Reaction Score
If they know what they are doing they would actually be making their basketball more concentrated rather than diluted. Bring in more sugar than water.

Reaction Score
Take a look at this...

Money talks

Pay Me GIF by Identity

Reaction Score
If you don't count Syracuse, Pitt and Penn State as the northeast your right. Cuse with Don McPherson and Donovan McNabb had some great teams.

If college sports do not matter in the northeast I guess we can just move the Brooklyn and Boston parts NCAA tournament to a dumb strip mall in Floriduh.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Money talks....but looky, looky...it is talking about basketball.
It is. But did you notice that in order to participate a school would be hand selected, as opposed to actually earning the opportunity?

Reaction Score
I also find it interesting to watch an entire industry destroy themselves
We're watching greed do that. It's really a handful of powerful ego driven executives and donors that got us here. I don't think the universities on their own ever would have chosen this path.

Reaction Score
Take a look at this...

St. John's and Syracuse but not UConn? Who's in charge of this?
Is it this Seth Berger?

OK these guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Exactly

They will not allow these little conferences to continue to suck down these juicy NCAA credits.

The big conferences will continue to build walls and barriers around the money and elbow the small out of the way.

This has been in the works for decades. Barry Alvarez used to talk about it openly. They simply think that they have invested more and they shouldn’t have to share.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom