Kevin Ollie and OKC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie and OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I said, the likelihood of the rumor coming to fruition notwithstanding, it was out there.

Again, you're missing that it's not an apples to apples comparison. The espn article you posted even noted how ridiculous that was in the headline. If an espn article ends up getting posted about this, it won't be written or perceived the same way. Also, as I said before, even if there were traction to that Minny rumor, the Dook brand is stronger than the UConn brand, so their recruiting isn't in nearly the danger of falling off a cliff with some no name/unproven coach as it would be here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We all know that Chief wants Ollie's job so he can impart his impressive knowledge of the fundamentals and clean up the train wreck that recruiting has been for the past few years (no more kids with high GPAs - we need to get some risky shooters with character issues).

Unfortunately, it appears as if Ollie's not going anywhere. But cheer up Chief, Alcorn State and Kennesaw State still have vacancies at the HC spot! Everybody has to start somewhere.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In an equal pay scenario, it would cost okc ~12 mil between ollies buyout, brooks' contract and ollies first year of salary.

Reaction Score
Obviously KO loves UConn, but the OKC job would be tough to pass up provided it is made available. This is one of the few jobs where I think there would be cause for legitimate concern if it opened up. The opportunity to coach a couple of generational talents doesn't come around too often.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Chief still posts here with that handle. Absolutely no shame.

Reaction Score
In an equal pay scenario, it would cost okc ~12 mil between ollies buyout, brooks' contract and ollies first year of salary.
That's the point I've been trying to drive home. No disrespect to KO, but that's a lot of money to invest in a first time NBA head coach. On top of that, there is no guarantee that Durant will resign with OKC if KO becomes head coach.

Reaction Score
Obviously KO loves UConn, but the OKC job would be tough to pass up provided it is made available. This is one of the few jobs where I think there would be cause for legitimate concern if it opened up. The opportunity to coach a couple of generational talents doesn't come around too often.

The real question is whether or not he gets an offer. I have no doubt he would entertain some very genuine interest. Similar to Shaka bolting unexpectedly to Texas (1 of the few offers he was interested in). My guess is OKC won't do what's needed to pull him away from UConn.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Follow the contract.
First 3 years have a very high buy out (I second that thank you to Mr Warde). After that the buy out decreases dramatically. Ollie clearly was committing to be here 3 years minimum, meaning we have 2 left before he wanted the opening to leave.
Of course things can change, but I think Ollie spelled it out.
Plus Ollie is still learning. 25% of the board was looking to fire him a couple weeks ago(or force him to change his staff).
Relax.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not meant to freak people out but this needs to be posted. I firmly believe Ollie will stay with Uconn even if he is offered the OKC job but still don't like seeing this.

I'll bet my life he's not going anywhere. It's just that time of year where NBA teams are scrapping for a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom