Kevin Ollie and OKC | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie and OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not meant to freak people out but this needs to be posted. I firmly believe Ollie will stay with Uconn even if he is offered the OKC job but still don't like seeing this.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's only Zagoria for now, as far as I can tell. Which is good.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure a buyout is the last thing OKC is worried about. There is no monetary limit on whoever Durant wants.

Reaction Score
He just posted a pic working out a UConn about 20 minutes ago. Oh yea, and he's also not paying UConn a 5 million dollar buyout to leave...
He's not leaving but if an NBA owner wants a specific coach they'd have no problem handing over 5 mil.

Reaction Score
The wording of this is also important. OKC may be considering Ollie (among others), but that doesn't mean Ollie is considering OKC. After last year's dance, saga, and contract renewal, it just doesn't seem to make sense for KO to leave this summer. This may become an annual torture event for us, but I think he'll be back.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Money talks. If they offer enough he's gone.

Reaction Score
He's not leaving but if an NBA owner wants a specific coach they'd have no problem handing over 5 mil.

Perhaps, but KO makes more than plenty of NBA coaches right now and there's also that job security thing.

Reaction Score
I truly believe that Ollie bleeds blue. I think he views UConn as his home, and would love to coach here for as long as he can. That being said, OKC is a very intriguing NBA job, as they have two top 5 players in the league. It's one thing to turn down an NBA job for a mediocre team, but it's another to turn down the chance at coaching a potential contender.

In the end though, I'd be surprised if Ollie left. He's invested in UConn.

Reaction Score
Zags is mindless and is just parroting off of Wojo's report, he does this all the time. Last year when Stefan Bondy, the NYDN Nets beatwriter, reported that the Nets had reached out to KO after JKidd left, Zags followed up later on that his "sources" reported the Nets had reached out to KO. A few days later Bondy retracted that report and said it wasn't true...Zags then followed up with the same exact thing. I wouldn't pay this any mind.

Reaction Score
I want KO to say again he's not going anywhere but this time let it slip that one of the things keeping him here is the chance to coach against Izzo on a yearly basis.

Reaction Score
KO is already super rich and is a family man. His son is about to start playing college football at Fordham. You think he wants to be chilling in Oklahoma, missing out on his son's games? I obviously don't like seeing the reports, but I don't think he really wants to make the jump at this point in time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wonder if that "source" has an interest in Gilbert or any other recruits we're zeroing in on.

Or maybe an interest in driving down Donovan's asking price.

Given Ollie's buyout, the final year on Brooks's contract and OKC's generally conservative fiscal spending habits, I'd say this is premature speculation at best.

Reaction Score
If Ollie was considering jumping to the NBA, that would have come up during Miller's visit. Since Miller committed, I'm confident that Ollie isn't leaving.

It's pretty easy to deny interest in a job that isn't even open yet.

Reaction Score
Hoping he doesn't leave but it's not a great look for recruiting and for Ollie staying here long term that these "leaks" continue to come out. I wish the program would get some of their own sources to leak that Ollie isn't going anywhere so that Coach himself doesn't have to say it but that these rumors will stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom