2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
When Rahsool left, I got concerned that his departure would hurt us here. I have no idea if that played a role or not, but usually when we’re off the list of a guy you can see a progressive drop in interest during recruiting. We were still on this guy pretty hard last week and even Slater mentioned us as a top contender so this is curious to see that we didn’t make the final list.

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
Ouch. This one hurts. Had to double check to make sure it was the same JE because of how much we were linked to him.

Makes sense as to why we’ve been offering so many more 2023’s last few days. Nova made the top 7 and we didn’t? Shows we still have a ways to go for some of these top guys. Oh well, on to the next.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty surprised UConn didn't make his top 7. Wonder what happened.

W.T.F.

Villanova: "How consistent they are with their players. They get their players ready for the next level. Their players will be able to guard on-through-five. Since the head coach changed I haven't really talked to them yet."

Reaction Score
Villanova: "How consistent they are with their players. They get their players ready for the next level. Their players will be able to guard on-through-five. Since the head coach changed I haven't really talked to them yet."
A school made his top 7 that he’s isn’t even talking too and we didn’t. Lmaoo that stings

Reaction Score
A school made his top 7 that he’s isn’t even talking too and we didn’t. Lmaoo that stings
Reading between the lines just makes you think there's at least a few schools on there merely for aesthetics...at least we don't waste any more time on his recruitment since staff was certainly putting the time in up to now...

Reaction Score
Not sure if I'm going to go with "we stopped prioritizing him" or "NIL" or something else yet. But this is surprising.

Probably for the best. I can't see us beating out UK for a priority so now the staff needs to pivot and put the full court press on Griffiths. But if I had to bet, he is going to PC with his buddy.

What is the name again of that DMV 4 star wing who said he grew up a UConn fan? That may actually be the move even though Gavin was my #1 simply because of his singular extraordinary skill.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I'm going to go with "we stopped prioritizing him" or "NIL" or something else yet. But this is surprising.

Probably for the best. I can't see us beating out UK for a priority so now the staff needs to pivot and put the full court press on Griffiths. But if I had to bet, he is going to PC with his buddy.

What is the name again of that DMV 4 star wing who said he grew up a UConn fan? That may actually be the move even though Gavin was my #1 simply because of his singular extraordinary skill.

Isaiah Coleman

Reaction Score
Staff has been working on Plan B for a long time.. Edwards was never coming to Storrs but it was good to be in the conversation for awhile.

Reaction Score

Just my interpretation of his summary is Kentucky is tops for him. Doesn’t look like the others have a shot.

Reaction Score
Like I said with the new corrupt NIL era,
the SEC is favored and has been catapulted into becoming the number 1 conference for elite recruits and coaches.

Hurley needs to do better. We cant even land one 5 star recruit. Need that in order to win a title. You need NBA level talent to win at the highest level.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Like I said with the new corrupt NIL era,
the SEC is favored and has been catapulted into becoming the number 1 conference for elite recruits and coaches.

Hurley needs to do better. We cant even land one 5 star recruit. Need that in order to win a title. You need NBA level talent to win at the highest level.
How many 5 star recruits has Hurley targeted here? Lol. Come on. He doesn’t usually miss on guys he puts a lot of energy into. It’s gonna be hard to get 5* guys in this era of college bball until we start winning at the highest level. Get used to it. There are other ways to build teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom